Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Shroom Wizard opinions...
    #427120 - 10/16/01 08:56 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen many forums discussing Shroom Wizards tek and site. But I havent read anything about his product. Is it the product people are complaining about, or the contamination caused by his tek? also, any success stories about using his tek or kits would be very helpful, thanks

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Shroom Wizard opinions... [Re: roykinn]
    #427128 - 10/16/01 09:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just because his tek is easy doesnt mean that PF or MMGG can be easy too.. I mean if you use PF or MMGG for the substrate and instead of leaving them as cakes just case them and throw them in a terrarium. Terrariums can be very easy. Instead of using perlite, when you fan the mushrooms just mist the walls of the terrarium. For a terrarium all you need is a 15$ rubbermaid or sterlite container. I use a 28 gal one.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: Shroom Wizard opinions... [Re: optikal_trip]
    #427131 - 10/16/01 09:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

well, in my particular situation(dormlife) I dont have the room for a large aquarium, it would have to be small, the kit Shroom Wizard sell is very small. I also cannot sterilize the substrate here because I have no stove or large microwave, with the kit everything is supposedly done, though there have been many people complaining about his tek

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Anonymous

#427133 - 10/16/01 09:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Where ARE all these complaints you speak of? I am not doubting you, but where can I read them.

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: Shroom Wizard opinions... [Re: ]
    #427147 - 10/16/01 09:56 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

there's one at this address, I found them by seaching for shroom wizard under all dates, here's one thread

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=376644&Forum=Forum2&Words=shroom%20wizard&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=376644

--------------------

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #427357 - 10/16/01 02:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

theres a few things in his method contrary to methods floating around now...

-uses no verm seal on pf jars.
-has no air exchange available for jars. imo, a sealed jar simply turns into a nasty jar- not so much contams but stagnant substrate ...
-scrapes sporeprints into jars. (this can make germination difficult, esp. since spores can become dehydrted after a while. germination will take longer as they rehydrate from the water in the substrate- the longer germ. takes initially, the more chance of contamination setting in).
-cases with potting soil and verm. potting soil is awfully heavy and can turn to mud quickly (something you dont want and can easily happen with all the spraying he recommends)- the casing material should be light enough so that the myc. can easily poke thru the layer. to me it seems unnecessary to use soil- just use verm or coir only.
-doesnt sterilize/pasteurize the casing layer material. as hes using soil, i would sterilize it. soil (in its nature) can be full of yuckies- verm on the other hand is non-nutritive and doesnt contam easily (in the bag or as a casing layer). the only 2 casing materials i wouldnt treat are coir and verm.
-doesnt use a terrarium. casing requires initially humidity around 90%+ for colonization, and 85-92% is required for cropping... no way is a casing tray in and of itself (even being sprayed with water) able to provide that much rh in the air surrounding it. you may get pins, but theyll be sad, tiny, shrivelly pins.

this is just about his method- not his products. honestly, i wouldnt grow living in the dorms- getting expelled for 3-1/2 pints would fucking suck.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation