Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetibberous
Stranger
Best place to sit my newly inocced jars
    #4267681 - 06/07/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is on my dresser good? They'll get a little sun, not much. Room temperature is like 70-80ish.

OT: I'm going to end up using 5 prints for 12 jars, because of how bad I suck at making syringes and am paranoid I contaim everything in one go. Kinda hope the abundance of spores will speed things up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackdaft
Stranger

Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: tibberous]
    #4267707 - 06/07/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No good. No light at this stage is needed. Keep 'em in the dark and things should be ok.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4267757 - 06/07/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Obviously you dont have a incubator. If i was you id put them in a cardboard box, and set it in front of a window with a thermometer in the box. The sun should work good at keeping them warm in the day at least.
Keep an eye on the thermometer the first few days, making sure it does not get too hot.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4267770 - 06/07/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

5 prints! you could have spent the money on 1 and bought an incubator setup. Read up on making liquid cultures to stretch your spores.
light may cause them to pin while in the jars

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4267777 - 06/07/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tibberous said:
Kinda hope the abundance of spores will speed things up.

What a shame, because it wont. 1 print for all twelve, is overkill.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4268204 - 06/07/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Three things.

One, room temperature is just fine for cubes. I for years have germinated and grown mushroom on a shelf in my bedroom at normal room temperature, winter and summer. I do not even own an incubator.

Two, light has neither good nor ill effects on growing mushroom mycelium. It will not hurt, nor help, but there is no need to keep your jars in the dark. Stamets makes this clear in GGMC. He used to recommend incubation in total darkness(TMC), but he no longer recommends this. I concur. If you visit fungi perfecti you will see he has 10,000 square feet of incubation space that is exposed to overhead fluorescent lights during the full work day. My jars sit on a shelf in an open room as said above and they're exposed to light from the day spores are started.

Three, using too many spores is very counterproductive, not to mention wasteful. Too many substrains will germinate and they'll be competing for food, and against each other. Your harvest will be much less than your harvest would be if you used 1/4 of one print to inoculate all 12 jars. When it comes to spores, more is not better. I hope this helps.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetibberous
Stranger
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4268506 - 06/07/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

While it does seem like I used a lot of spores, I do kinda suck at getting them in the syringe.

I guess I'll go ahead and do the other jars with just the syringes I have made up; really all I can do now, but it will change my ratio (made 2 syringes off this one FAT print).

Also, the spores cost me five dollars (might have threw in a couple extra dollars for return shipping). So far I have spent about 20 dollars total; stole syringes (can't buy in my state), bought then returned coffee grinder, borrowed pressure cooker.

Edited for legality

Edited by tibberous (06/07/05 03:13 PM)

Offlinetibberous
Stranger
    #4268572 - 06/07/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, just looked over honeywater tek. Might acctually give it a try, wish I wasn't so far along.

Thanks

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4270763 - 06/08/05 04:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Check out this thread for the  Baby Bottle TEK :thumbup:

It is an easy way to get a bottle of LC going.

Good Luck

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4270771 - 06/08/05 05:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think this is exactly why NOOBS always ask alot of questions here!

this is a direct contradiction to most of the info I 've read on this site!

although some have said room temp would work well!

please don't get me wrong I love this site and would not be able to get started with out it but you find alot of contradictions so its tough for the NOOB!

i would like to add i knocked my jars almost 4 days ago and was leaving them in room temp (74-75F) and saw no growth ...i transfered to incubator last night (84-86F) and today i see what appears to be little "clouds" starting to form!....did the incubator trigger or was it just time? i dunno.....but i'm glad to see something happening!

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Three things.

One, room temperature is just fine for cubes. I for years have germinated and grown mushroom on a shelf in my bedroom at normal room temperature, winter and summer. I do not even own an incubator.

Two, light has neither good nor ill effects on growing mushroom mycelium. It will not hurt, nor help, but there is no need to keep your jars in the dark. Stamets makes this clear in GGMC. He used to recommend incubation in total darkness(TMC), but he no longer recommends this. I concur. If you visit fungi perfecti you will see he has 10,000 square feet of incubation space that is exposed to overhead fluorescent lights during the full work day. My jars sit on a shelf in an open room as said above and they're exposed to light from the day spores are started.

Three, using too many spores is very counterproductive, not to mention wasteful. Too many substrains will germinate and they'll be competing for food, and against each other. Your harvest will be much less than your harvest would be if you used 1/4 of one print to inoculate all 12 jars. When it comes to spores, more is not better. I hope this helps.
RR

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: Billy1111]
    #4274260 - 06/08/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

is incubation neccesary for mycelium to grow or does it just speed it up?

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: LedHead]
    #4274301 - 06/08/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:

is incubation neccesary for mycelium to grow or does it just speed it up?

no its not needed.

but you will have alot faster colonizing times with an incubator set at 81 to 84 degrees F. than you will at room temps in the 60's and low 70's.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4274780 - 06/09/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Billy1111
It was simply time for you to begin seeing growth with the naked eye. That takes five to six days usually from spores. On agar with the microscope, I almost always see the beginning of mycelium within 24 hours if the spores are fresh and pre-hydrated.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinebackdaft
Stranger

#4277773 - 06/09/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Billy1111 said:

i would like to add i knocked my jars almost 4 days ago and was leaving them in room temp (74-75F) and saw no growth ...i transfered to incubator last night (84-86F) and today i see what appears to be little "clouds" starting to form!....did the incubator trigger or was it just time? i dunno.....but i'm glad to see something happening!

Same thing happened for me. First grow and 6 days with temps around 75 and no signs of any myc. Switched to a tub in tub with aquarium heater and had about 25% colonization within 2 days.

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Re: Best place to sit my newly inocced jars [Re: backdaft]
    #4278801 - 06/10/05 04:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i'm on day 6 and its moving very well......the tub is definatelym the way i will go from now on

Quote:

backdaft said:
Quote:

Billy1111 said:

Same thing happened for me. First grow and 6 days with temps around 75 and no signs of any myc. Switched to a tub in tub with aquarium heater and had about 25% colonization within 2 days.

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale