Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMych
Stranger

Mych in LC going from white to brownish? wtf
    #4268744 - 06/07/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

why would the mycelium in my liquid cultures (5% karo) start growing a little bit and then stop.. and turn brownish? Ive been having issues getting a single LC to work for me... no visible contams, but it simply isnt working for me.

this is how it was for a while.. i swirled the water around and you can see the small little bits of mych in there.. it hasnt grown much since, and then it turned a brownish color (not the water.. the white substance itself turned brown)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Mych in LC going from white to brownish? wtf [Re: Mych]
    #4268752 - 06/07/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'd ask in the contam forum.....cause that's probably what you're looking at.

--------------------

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: Mych in LC going from white to brownish? wtf [Re: mockeylock]
    #4268771 - 06/07/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:
I'd ask in the contam forum.....cause that's probably what you're looking at.

will do. would contams actually cause legit mych to turn brown? ive actually put a piece of known mych into a LC syringe and its turning brown after only a few days. same happened with a multispore LC

Offline_blitzer
vintage user

Re: Mych in LC going from white to brownish? wtf [Re: Mych]
    #4268791 - 06/07/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mych said:
why would the mycelium in my liquid cultures (5% karo) start growing a little bit and then stop.. and turn brownish? Ive been having issues getting a single LC to work for me... no visible contams, but it simply isnt working for me.

this is how it was for a while.. i swirled the water around and you can see the small little bits of mych in there.. it hasnt grown much since, and then it turned a brownish color (not the water.. the white substance itself turned brown)

I had similar trouble w/ LC a year ago....

This summer i used 2% Karo Light w/ 2% light(est available) malt extract and it worked fine.

Multispore both times, but different source so I cannot attribute it to a change in medium.

--------------------
I'm laughing, but on the inside where you can't hear it.

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: Mych in LC going from white to brownish? wtf [Re: _blitzer]
    #4269014 - 06/07/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

_blitzer said:
Quote:

Mych said:

I had similar trouble w/ LC a year ago....

This summer i used 2% Karo Light w/ 2% light(est available) malt extract and it worked fine.

Multispore both times, but different source so I cannot attribute it to a change in medium.

good to know. perhaps i can try lower sugar concentrations.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures