Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
new way of putting my thoughts...
    #4268434 - 06/07/05 04:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like to come up with different ways of putting my thoughtson consciousness, as it feels like good "exercise" for my brain.
Well, I'm having another go. I'm not sure i can get simpler than this without becoming way more abstract:
consciousness is an indivisible unit of energy - an I (eye) - watching itself turn itself inside out at a single point in space-time.
That's where the shape of a figure-8-within-a-circle comes from. The I (eye) appears to itself to be two different Is (eyes) at the same point in space-time, but it's really just both sides of the same I (eye) being seen by itself (seeing Is believing)
When you take an indivisible unit of energy, that means on the inside of it there'll be nothing, and everything will be outside of it, and it is because of this, that it would by default try to turn itself inside out, in order to have everything inside it, and nothing on the outside
In turn, this results in three circles of consciousness:
the two "smaller" circles - "seeing" and "believing", by default this is how humans live (even belief in nothing is still belief, no person has absence of belief) - animals simply "seeing" and plants simply "believing". You "die" when you attain that third, highest state - that of "seeing" and "believing" at exactly the same point in space-time. When that happens, your consciousness goes "quantum" becoming split once again into atomic units. When it needs "time-out" it once again splits into two separate entities of consciousness - being "seeing" and "believing" at the same point in time, but different points in space. Then your consciousness "realises" it is "seeing" and "believing" at the same point in time, but it does not actually "see" it itself, and so you become intelligent. Finally, your point of death occurs only when your consciousness comes to "see" that it is both "seeing" and "believing" at exactly the same point in space-time.
The reason our lives all give an outward appearance of lasting different lengths of time is due to our perception, and artificial construct - an imagining - of our consciousness. To each separate person, their life APPEARS to have lasted simultaneously forever, and for no time at all. This is because, in real terms, every living thing lvies for only a single indivisible point in space-time. It's just that the effect consciousness has on that point, is to stretch it into a circle of variable size.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: new way of putting my thoughts... [Re: newjon]
    #4268573 - 06/07/05 05:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol, after a somewhat brief, yet quite involved, discussion with a good mate, i can in fact go rather simpler:
our existence is what happened when a single living thing achieved sentience (consciousness) - it, realising it was totally alone, and reasoning that dreams are as real as anything else (as reality is perception, perception is reality, and dreams always feel real at the moment you dream them), simply dreamed itself another universe

The shape of two-adjacent-circles-within-a-larger-circle arises from the three circle of awareness (which, possibly, can be equated to cosnciousness) - one of the smaller circles is self, one is everything else, and the largest, surrounding circle is absolute nothing (absolutely nothing at all)
However, I'm not sure if any individual part of any of the circles can ever have real control over the awareness. Rather, it flows through all circles, at all points in time. This means, sooner or later, you'll see "It" (I, Thee, Them?) from yet another different perspective. And you won't even remember "It"

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4268621 - 06/07/05 05:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

awesome...
what about what is outside the largest circle?

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4268626 - 06/07/05 05:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like the 3 fields/spheres of consciousness theory I posted about last March. Since your hot on it now, I know you will appreciate it and get something more from it to add to yours.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3970413/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4268648 - 06/07/05 05:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Nice!

only one thing striking me odd (?), this word: 'indivisible'.. How could anything be? thinking atoms.. ? :wink: hum... fractals.. :confused: :thumbup:

and the second post. wow!
You describe exactly how I perceive what happened/is happening, to me..

"it, realizing it was totally alone, and reasoning that dreams are as real as anything else (as reality is perception, perception is reality, and dreams always feel real at the moment you dream them), simply dreamed itself another universe"

from yet another different perspective.
barley starting to recall the immense potential of it all..

again I will tell, how i now perceive me, through the body, I am, when I went to sleep, as I lay in my bed, I Got lucid, and I'm now sitting here, typing this.

Have a nice one!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: new way of putting my thoughts... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4268713 - 06/07/05 06:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i haven't read your entire explanation of "free will" but i did read the initial theory. That's beautiful, man. I was trying to come up with a way of being able to represent my thoughts, presented in the above (2nd) post in a 2D form, in a 3D form. your theory, has given rise to an extension of my theory (which appears to be essentially the same anyway, just worded differently - i.e. from a different perspective. Lol)
the "No time" field is the dot - the centre of everything, a single, truly indivisible point, not truly conceivable by our selves in any of these "living" states, although we can visualise perhaps to a degree.
The "linear time" is simply infinite lines extending from that one point. This also explains duality - if there are infinite lines extending from a single point in space (whether 2D or 3D, and possibly also for furter numbers of dimensions, if that is even needed =+) then every line has an EXACT opposite. This even, in a very general, not-particularly-useful-to-physics-at-least-at-this-time, way, explains the existence of both matter AND antimatter. They are true opposites, that only exist due to these three unified fields.
the final field - "simultaneous time" - doesn't really take a shape that is describable in 3D space. The closest thing, i personally belive, would be an infinite sphere, where you can never reach the centre, but if you did, you'd instantly arrive at the very edge of the sphere.
Giving a more "physical" name to these fields, i think that "thought" could be the first (no-time), "place" the second ("linear time") and "time" - or as some prefer, "space-time" (with the second being "space" which is equivalent to "place") - being the final, third field.
In short, dimensions are simply the purest form of energy - being a field of energy. And, as you may know, there are three forms of field - point, line, sphere
A point is potentiality
a line is actuality
a sphere is all(ity? should possibly be there) - or maybe "effectuality"
And, i think i am correct in saying, our understanding of spherical fields is that they are actually infinite, but effectively finit,e due to the way they decrease the further you get from the point of origin.
But, if you think about the universe, which essentially exists because all matter within it is held together, however losely, by fields of energy, then that suggests that if fields truly were finite in effect (reach), then the universe would not exist at all.
There may be a real "point of collapse" for all three fields, but i would theorise that it's simply not possible for anything held within the three fields (i.e. anything "here") to escape from the three fields, and so as anything reaches that point of collapse, it simply returns to its point of origin.
All of which sounds like it may be kind of a little less physics-oriented, little more "layman"-oriented explanation of some kind of situation that can arise with the formation of black hole. Athough who's to say black holes aren't really just another part of the awareness that exist to try and help some bits of it work this out in the first place...

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4268725 - 06/07/05 06:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well, it sounds like you were easily able to correlate how we were saying the same thing in different words from different perspectives. You matched my 3 fields with your 3 circles where I did.

Fun fun fun stuff. Seeing it the way I did just gave my life more synergy, balance and I felt better able to master how I move energy to create realities with it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4268743 - 06/07/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

btw, i hope you don't mind gettinjiggywithit, but i've cut-and-pasted your theory of 3 fields of consciousness into a file on my home pc. If i do decide to try and get my own theory out further into the public domain, i may like to include yours, although of course crediting you. I have no intentions of trying to obtain fame and/or wealth from this exercise, and in fact i have my doubts as to whether you can really change a person's mind for them at all, but i may attempt it anyways, if only because i think this whole idea is so beautiful
you can, in fact, call it "mental masturbation" and i would agree whole-heartedly. Masturbation is, after all, simply a way of "knowing" your "self" and, as an isolated action, does no harm, simply creates positive vibes. So why should "mental masturbation" be frowned upon?
heh. you could try using that as an argument against those who say bad thigns about even attempting to contemplate things like the nature of consciousness...

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4268792 - 06/07/05 06:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Go for it. I was telling my husband I should write a book on it. Someone should. I don't care for credit. I took it from the simultaneous time field. Credit IT. :lol:

The question of "if God/one mind/source knows everything to come then how can we have free will?" has perplexed a lot of people. My theory explains how both can be at the same time.

That was my inspiration.  Funny how for so long, I was aware of the 3 fields independently, but never tied them together as interconnected fields that rely on each other for all of them to exist.

When you understand the functions of the 3 fields and start working with them synergistically, wow, you become so empowered.

You start to recognise how some people become imbalanced or stuck drawing from and living in just one of the fields of consciousness.

I realised how I use to spend way more time in the simulataneous time field and how I was under powered without integrating it with the other two.

Someone stuck in the no time/void/nothing field  creates nothing.

Someone stuck in the linear field, lives quite uninspired and works way to hard for often nothing new or anything more.

Someone stuck in the simultaneous time field, has all sorts of great ideas that never get launched.

It's been very useful and applicable to me and not an exercise in mental masturbation. Thats what you do when your consciousness gets stuck in the void function.  :lol:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology