Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ?
    #4267665 - 06/07/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am pretty sure these are Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius .. but I want to make sure.

The spore print is black.
They were growing in my lawn in Florida.

Are they Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius? If so.. they are midly active and safe to eat? I have read that... just want to confirm.

Thanks very much.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4267816 - 06/07/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you definately found some!~ :smile:

they are mildly active.
they are best eaten freshly picked.
usually you need to eat at least 8-12 of them to feel the effects
and they lose most of their potency once dried.

what part of florida did you find them if you dont mind me asking?

beautiful find, good pictures too

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4267849 - 06/07/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the ID and info.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Edited by Quiescence (06/09/05 04:56 PM)

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #4269306 - 06/07/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes they are all over Dade County following the rain.  :thumbup:

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: EonTan]
    #4269487 - 06/07/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen quite a few at the freshly laid sod at my workplace, in Tampa FL. Also, being a land surveyor I get to visit many places around the Hillsborough county area and have seen these little buggers all over the place, but nowhere near as prolific as in March/April in my front yard.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineWhore
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: NariusFractal]
    #4269825 - 06/07/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: Whore]
    #4273128 - 06/08/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Whore, they could be,
did you find them in florida?

OfflineWhore
Stranger
    #4273486 - 06/08/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No, I found these in California actually. They are growing all over the place and the spore prints are black as well.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: Whore]
    #4274210 - 06/08/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Do they blue at the base of the stem? If so...

California :thumbup:
Florida :thumbup:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: EonTan]
    #4277371 - 06/09/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah Whore, check for a light bluing at the base of the stems mycelium...
only 1 in every 10 or so specimens should show the bluing.

california, no way..  :smile:

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4289105 - 06/12/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what is this about Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius? I have been eating these exact same mush for 6 years and always thought they were Copelandia Cyanescens.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4289206 - 06/12/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they also look like a spitting image of Panaeolus subbalteatus. Could be a cross of the two. Regardless, ive seen these around since i started shrooming in 98 or 99, all my friends and I have tripped off them. In my opinion, the trip is much worse than cubensis, more wavy, a little more visual. but they are definately not a new strain, and im sure they've been around for alot longer than ive been shrooming as well.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4289527 - 06/12/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol, look at the species name folks. Ggreatoneifolius...  :rolleyes:
I cant tell if the first few posts were intended to be sarcastic. Again, its hard to express sarcasm on an internet forum.  :tongue:

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4289606 - 06/13/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

do all mushrooms that grow on cow shit make you trip

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: mskip23]
    #4289668 - 06/13/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Re: Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius ? [Re: eris]
    #4291142 - 06/13/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if only they did...

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4291902 - 06/13/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what is this about Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius? I have been eating these exact same mush for 6 years and always thought they were Copelandia Cyanescens.they also look like a spitting image of Panaeolus subbalteatus. Could be a cross of the two. Regardless, ive seen these around since i started shrooming in 98 or 99, all my friends and I have tripped off them. In my opinion, the trip is much worse than cubensis, more wavy, a little more visual. but they are definately not a new strain, and im sure they've been around for alot longer than ive been shrooming as well.

:smile: :grin: :smile: well now since youre the resident expert on this species maybe we should start calling it Panaeolus pcubmycoleifolius,
or maybe Panaeolus pcubmycolabilis perhaps.

Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius is of course just a funny name for this mushroom because they so closely on the macroscopic level resemble Panaeolus castaneifolius
microscopic examinations have revealed that the spores do not have warts on them, so they couldnt be Panaeolus castaneifolius.

thus Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius has been born.

i will also note that i have also one time found yet another species of lawn inhabiting Panaeolus mushroom of which much more of the stem stained blue, and i believed it to be Panaeolus fimicola.
that was only one shroom and a one time deal
i took photos of it and posted them here a long time ago.
and i never made up a name for that beauty because i figured it was Panaeolus fimicola.

and i will also note that one time i found about a dozen stange blue staining Panaeolus mushrooms growing from cow manure of which closely resembled Panaeolus subbalteatus but they were all too large for being subbalteatus and the mushrooms showed different features than subbalteatus
and that was a one time deal
i took pictures of them and posted them here several years ago.
they didnt quite match up to any of the Panaeolus subbalteatus ive found in florida and georgia in both cow and horse pastures.

ill also note that Copelandia chlorocystis is recorded to grow here in florida, but never has anyone from this message board ever found it, and never have we ever seen any pictures of these mushrooms other than a description mjshroomer posted for us from a mycology journal

if you ask mjshroomer he will say he picked Copelandia chlorocystis here with a friend in the late 70's.
but that mushroom seems to have dissappeared.

and the name Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius was given to that mushroom by an old member here and close friend of mine Peaceful Nomad.
it was and is still an ongoing joke because we got tired of calling them Panaeolus castaneifolius after we found out that the spores do not match up under a microscope.
we still figure it is a undescribed species of Panaeolus.

so there you go,
the whole story. :smile:

mjshroomer doesn't comment anymore with Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius because he isnt sure what they are either.
and ive never heard of a report of these mushrooms being found in gainesville yet, unless you are giving one now tho id like to see picture proof.
otherwise these have only been found in tampa, sarasota and miami/ft lauderdale.
and if i remember correctly some people in ft myers and naples might have reported them too.
btw pcubmycol, that is a cool website you got.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4292043 - 06/13/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

also pcubmycol, these mushrooms are not Copelandia cyanescens.

Here in florida we have Copelandia cyanescens and Copelandia westii of which are both macroscopically similar and they both grow in the cow fields only, from cow turds.

Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius grows in lawns only.

In the cow pastures we also have a few different non-active Panaeolus mushrooms such as Panaeolus antillarum, Panaeolus campanulatus and Panaeolus sphinctrinus.
all of which many newbies mistake for 'magic' mushrooms and they eat them and don't trip.

we also have the in-active dung loving mushrooms Psilocybe coprophila which i also suspect alot of newbies mistake for magic mushrooms and they eat them up and dont trip from.

Psilocybe semiglobata is another which can sometimes resemble Psilocybe cubensis, but P. semiglobata is rarely if ever found in south florida but it does grow in parts of northern florida spilling into georgia.

so there are alot of mushrooms people mistake for other mushrooms

and the non-active Panaeolus campanulatus also grows in lawns alongside Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius. also Conocybe mushrooms are common in lawns too.

and Copelandia cyanescens is at least 3 times as potent in weight to that of Psilocybe cubensis.
and Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius is at least 3 times less potent in weight to that of Cubensis.

tho, i have reported on a couple occassions Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius being oddly more potent than usual. And on those couple occassions i rated them being just as potent as Copelandia cyanescens.

So there are alot of mushrooms to be mistaken for other mushrooms.

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #4310904 - 06/18/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, this isen't a false call.. I've been finding these all over Boise, Idaho and thought they were panaeolous subbalteatus but they werent quite. They blue at the base I swear to god but couldent find any references so I didn't eat them.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck