Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
What Can I Say To My Friend?
    #4267037 - 06/07/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to know of some metaphors/allegories to use on a friend of mine about trying shrooms. He has done them before, but not the right way. Terence McKenna said "I think going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex, it means that you never figured out what it was all about". I think that was pretty good. Does anyone know of anything else like this? My friend is a real naysayer and thinks that drugs (including psychedelics) are just a "rollercoaster ride" and that's it. He is smarter than that and I know it. I think he doesn't like that fact that he might be wrong. Or that I might know something that he doesn't, even though this has been proven time and time again.....any good allegories or metaphors to say to someone which will make them really think?

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4267042 - 06/07/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

As much as you believe in it. It's not for everyone. If you have to convince him, ( which you can't), he's not ready for it and IMO it's not a good idea.

But if you have to say something take the words of a former Pres and first lady. JUST SAY YES TO DRUGS. :grin:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4267048 - 06/07/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

going to grave without psychadelics or sex, is just going to grave without psychadelics and sex, nothing more.

Life can be lived in many different ways. I do not doubt that those nuns that were locked their whole life and spent in in prayed live as much as the rest of us do, because it is all subjective and relative. Prayer to them is like sex and drugs to us.

Same way, a richman might say that living without caviar and travels is a life spent in vain, but traveling to exotic islands to him gives the same pleasure as taking a long walk into local nature gives to me

A man can be equaly excited about a box of matches, as he can about
walking in space, because experience is relative and subjective

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4267092 - 06/07/05 08:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:
I would like to know of some metaphors/allegories to use on a friend of mine about trying shrooms. He has done them before, but not the right way. Terence McKenna said "I think going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex, it means that you never figured out what it was all about". I think that was pretty good. Does anyone know of anything else like this? My friend is a real naysayer and thinks that drugs (including psychedelics) are just a "rollercoaster ride" and that's it. He is smarter than that and I know it. I think he doesn't like that fact that he might be wrong. Or that I might know something that he doesn't, even though this has been proven time and time again.....any good allegories or metaphors to say to someone which will make them really think?

Go to drugs in happiness, be not sad, use drugs as a life enhancer, not life itself..

If your friend think it is a role-coaster ride, and that is how he see it.. there is nothing you can do, but show him how he is right. yet, he could use it, as the role-coaster ride, is really him.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: Gomp]
    #4267104 - 06/07/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4267175 - 06/07/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm beginning to think drugs are not for him, although he likes drinking and smoking herb. It's just that I know the way he thinks. I guess I see potential in him, therefore I was trying to help him out. He has an open mind for the most part. I don't mention it anymore, but I have a feeling he will want to do it again eventually. Who knows. If he has any interest in it, it will get the better of him. Thanks for your input.

--------------------

Trade List

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4267194 - 06/07/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have a friend who was like that. About 5 months ago, whenever I would bring up mushrooms, he would always grimace and try changing the subject. He always talked about this one bad trip he had while on mushrooms. I explained to him, how bad trips can be considered amazing trips in hindsight, and that there are no "bad" mushrooms in the sense that they will cause you a bad trip; a bad trip or a good trip is up to you, not the mushrooms.
So after all that, he was still refusing to even take any more. So one night he happened to come over while me and 3 other friends were tripping hard, and he saw how much we were laughing, tripping etc....
Well, the next day he asked me if he could try them the next time we do them.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4267228 - 06/07/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's exactly how I think my friend is. If I ever do them right in front of him and he sees me tripping out, I know he will want to do them. I think it's a fear thing.

--------------------

Trade List

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4267334 - 06/07/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

He has done them before, but not the right way.

If one had done them the "right way" they would not insist there is a "right way".  :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4267344 - 06/07/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

""What Can I Say To My Friend?""

Hello, Friend! I like you, just the way you are!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4267353 - 06/07/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I would get him a copy of the book BE HERE NOW and instruct him to read the first third of the book as preparation for the trip. That's what I've been doing with people since 1973 because it had an extraordinarily positive effect on my life. It provides a 'safe and sane' mind-set. The 'core book' is for looking at during the event, IF one is asking philosophical-religious questions. If one only remains on  'sensory' or 'recollective-analytical' levels (Masters & Houston) then the subject will just want to marvel, or perhaps to talk about personal things anyway.

For me, BE HERE NOW was a crystal thrown into a supersaturated solution. Meaning and symmetry began to manifest like a beautiful crystal at my core - a veritable Jewel of Liberation. Please feel free to pass this message on to your friend  :wink:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4267369 - 06/07/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do they also get a Greatful Dead, a Jefferson Airplane or a Moody Blues CD?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: Swami]
    #4267621 - 06/07/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Er, 'Grateful Dead' to us Dead Heads  :wink: But I would suggest Moody Blues' 'In Search of the Lost Chord,' seein' as it has all this Indian metaphysical stuff to go along with the equally dated BE HERE NOW. Hey, some things are unsurpassed. 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle was terrific (I would never pay $400 just to be in his workshop), but BE HERE NOW still speaks to me (no, not literally) after all these years. This is a rare example of higher consciousness having been 'compressed' into word and image ('the spirit in letter') and capable of eliciting the psychedelicized mind-sets of those earnest hippies over three decades ago. In a very real way, this psychedelic comic book has had more powerful effect on me than the Gospel tomb narratives. Pathetic and/or profound, but true for me nevertheless.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: Swami]
    #4268899 - 06/07/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
He has done them before, but not the right way.

If one had done them the "right way" they would not insist there is a "right way".  :rolleyes:

Let me rephrase that. He has done them before, but not in the proper set and setting. Know what I mean?

--------------------

Trade List

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4270266 - 06/07/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Know what I mean?

All too well.

Substituting "proper" for "right" doesn't change anything. What I DO know is that those who have reached the first level of awareness put judgement behind them. Leave your friend be. His path is not your path. Do NOT pretend that you are superior.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4270301 - 06/08/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

A Moody Blues fan...once more you earn my respect.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4270307 - 06/08/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't fuck with people about taking drugs or you will be percieved as a zealot out to cause harm. If he wants it he will come to you.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What Can I Say To My Friend? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4270322 - 06/08/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Haven't seen the Moodies in about 16 years and they are playing at The Aladdin this weekend and I cannot go. *cries like a litle girl*  :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4270333 - 06/08/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I once talked an unwilling friend into taking LSD. He utterly loved it and wanted to share his new world view with his much beloved, church-going fiance while fried senseless on 5 hits of good acid (never had "bad acid"). I warned him against this, but he insisted. She thought he had fallen of the edge and dumped him immediately...and did not speak with him again. He in turn blamed me and put himself on bad terms with me as a result. I had turned from caring friend to evil drug pusher.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4270337 - 06/08/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Always knew you were a "bad seed".  :tongue2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder