Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix]
    #4266821 - 06/07/05 08:20 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Had a quart of WBS innoc'd with cambo that got the green meanies after about 80% colonization.

I broke up the colonized substrate and discarded all green mold/ uncolonized substrate that I could, and put the chunks in a bag. I left this bag outdoors in indirect sunlight for about 4 days. Really seemed to help kill off some of the green mold.

I then buried the substate in the middle of a planting pot, which was a mixture of peat, potting soil and perlite. Bout 3/4" casing layer over it.

Let her sit on my back porch in the sun for a week. Sunlight destroys green mold, so I did not get any green meanies on the surface.

After seeing some myc poke thru the casing layer, I covered the soil with some grass and sprayed daily. About a week later I got pins.

After adding the grass I have some green mold throughout, so I am going to harvest this batch, remove the grass that has now turned into straw, and let the sun do it's job to the green mold and I will hopefully get some more flushes. :thumbup:

Not any huge monsters to be impressed about, but hey it yields better than the trash can tek don't ya think?  :grin:

Flushed 38g's, and they smell oh so fresh!

Edited by kronnyQ (06/07/05 08:36 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix] [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4266961 - 06/07/05 09:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Kick ass!!

good thinkin.

So you just raked up some good ole green grass from your lawn there?

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix] [Re: CLUTCH] * 1
    #4266970 - 06/07/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

One part of my lawn the grass gew out like hell cuz we don't have a mower. I decided to quit bein a lazy stoner and get out the weed wacker and take care of it. I was left with a nice pile of green straw...harvested it and drying it out. :thumbup:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4267488 - 06/07/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

A buddy of mine throws his spent substrate into the compost pile, that has h poo, straw, grass, leaves, and apples. It works good.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix] [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4267529 - 06/07/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My next outdoor grow includes a contaminated casing buried in a similar pot this time with some poo. I will be posting results here, if any.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4267703 - 06/07/05 02:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

just put down 2 inches of hpoo, some spawn, then 2 inches soaked straw, then spawn, then cover it with a mix of hpoo and verm. then lightly cover that with dry straw, to protect the top layer of poop and verm from drying out fast in the sun.

this is the second flush, it sucks. the first flush rocked, but after that a squirrel fucked up my freinds mycel structure when it dug up the bed looking for birdseed.

water it all of the time, everyday it dont rain. Then in the summer when it gets too hot to fruit, let it dry up a bit and then buy a big bag of ice from wall mart, at night when its a little cooler so the ice dosnt melt as fast, spread the ice all over the bed. the ice will melt cold shocking and re-hydrating it at the same time, it wont be spectacular but you should get a few fruits if it works for you like it did my freind.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (06/07/05 02:38 PM)

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix] [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4268590 - 06/07/05 05:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yea man that's the problem I had with burying in the ground, stupid birds and squirrels dig it up. :tongue:

Your guys look nice and fat though.

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4268662 - 06/07/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

How long did fruiting take? I got 3 PF cakes buried in Straw and Hpoo, and it's going on two weeks.. I'm not too antsy, just curious.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4268779 - 06/07/05 06:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

so you just put the straight colonized WBS into the middle of a flower pot? No poo or anything? Was there soil and peat below the WBS? How potent were those mushies after growing off of just WBS and soil? I have some WBS that i want to do something similar with, only im looking for some horse poo. If i can just do it like you did, then it would be way easier.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Success with burying contaminated substrate outdoors [pix] [Re: jtk]
    #4269230 - 06/07/05 08:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yes there was soil and peat all around, but there are plenty of nutrients in the WBS you do not need poo, just like a regular casing I've used straight peat. I haven't eaten the mushers...somebody else will, but i'm sure they're plenty potent the stems are nice and blued.

This is just an outdoor contaminated substrate tek, i wouldn't do this with normal colonized substrate. I guess I could but I would have much better results inside, especially using poo which I'm just gettin into.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation