Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
setting for my trip
    #4262502 - 06/06/05 01:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

coming up im going to be tripping and my friend will b with me but not shrooming, it will be in the woods near both of our houses and i should be takin them around 2 so they should kick in around 3 and last about 6 hours, will it be ok to just sit there in the woods with him for 6 hours? im not taking a big dose, 1.5-2 grams. but it will be my first time. i pretty much just going to the spot we chill and smoke at, eating them and see what happens from there, any suggestions as to what I should do? does it sound ok to be there for 6 hours in the woods, and after i stop tripping will my eyes be rediculously dialated?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: setting for my trip [Re: PreparationH]
    #4262571 - 06/06/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You should be cool just hanging in the woods for 6 hours as long as when it gets dark there isn't too many bugs. Bring some music with you and some pot for your friend or something so he doesn't get bored out of his skull and bring you down. Happy Trails bro.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4262667 - 06/06/05 05:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

im not taking a big dose, 1.5-2 grams.

:thumbup:

Remember that 1.5gr can still be totally overwhelming and, if that happens, there is no reason for concern. 4-HO-DMT goes pretty deep, even at low dosages, which this at 9-18mg Psilocybin likely won't be.
At 1.5gr its almost impossible to be unimpressed unless you have high expectations.

empty stomach = key

Its OK to chill for 6 hours in the forest make sure your bud has something to keep him from constant discussion with you. You'll tend to talk quite a lot in the early stage as a nervous reaction, but once the effect is coming about its good to explore.

If I were you (literally) I would lower my expectations a great deal and take 0.5gr dried. At this dose, if the shrooms are decent, you'll usually enter the second order of magnitude (3-6mg for 0.5gr) which seldom overwhelms but rather adds a dimension to your existing consciousness which will enable you to explore your outer and inner world with your ego more or less intact.

In some ways this would be mild, in others it would not. It will tend to add to your "afternoon in the forest" feeling rather than replace it with multidimensional majesty :mushroom2:

At 0.5gr there will be patterning and interesting mental effects if the shrooms are of decent quality and you of average sensitivity.
You're getting to know new territories after all.

I myself have used psychedelics 100 times in 12 years, weighing 300lbs and having seen 12gr dried my current ratio is 0.25-2gr mushrooms with the 0.25-1gr ratio being the dosage ranges I use most often.

At 0.5gr of strong Liberty Caps i have conversed with a spirit, my body left behind in my bed in my darkened bedroom, my spirit on an icy plain while the spirit kept a campfire going and laid down my life and the purpose of it, foretelling events which i documented and which later indeed did happen. Your mileage may vary :wink: but know that 0.5gr can be a substantial dose if properly used.

Smell treebark, follow an ant to its nest, examine the forest floor, bask in the sun, roll around, chant or lie there with closed eyes: Theres so much to do in a forest on 3-6mg Psilocybin :laugh:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4262684 - 06/06/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like a good plan, tripping outdoors is great. bring some music and something so your friend doesn't get bored.

damn, i just ashed on my keyboard.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: setting for my trip [Re: alsey]
    #4262827 - 06/06/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, high doses are sometimes unnecessary.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: setting for my trip [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4263215 - 06/06/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i'll actually feel 1gr.? i thought 1.75 was BORDERLINE very very low dosage?

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #4263260 - 06/06/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've had 1.5gm a couple of times and it was less intense than a couple of hits of weed for me. Extremely controllable, relaxing, no visuals or hallucinations at all, very clear headed. It was nice, but not really a "trip". Obviously it varies for different people though. Of course, I very rarely smoke weed either, so that may have been why weed was stronger for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it depends on the type of shrooms too. I had 1gm of Copalandia Cyans and it was the most intense trip I've had yet. 1.75gm of Colombian was somewhere in the middle, leaning much closer to the first trip.

So yeah, there are a lot of factors involved.

Edited by TurricaN (06/06/05 11:33 AM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4263650 - 06/06/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In my experience, it can take more than a single gram to break through an experience the mushroom realm. I noticed, in my first couple of mushroom trials which were of negligable amounts that I was only dissapointed. I was looking for something big, but I think you should try to really behold the power of the mushrooms, some people like Wiccan urge you to stay low, because it can be very hard to go too far on mushrooms. Stay to his advice if you wish to not get in too deep and have many doses to devote to it. If you are ready to immerse yourself, two grams or so should do you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: setting for my trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #4264493 - 06/06/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im gonna hit it at 1.75 because its my first time, i just want to get the feeling first, and i'll be the first of all my friends to try them. really just want my foot in the door experience for my first time, if i handle that well i'll try 2.25 or 2.5 grams later on.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

#4264547 - 06/06/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had 1gr last night and I had intense visuals, lots of euphoria, etc.

It was the same as having 3 grams another time.

It's a known fact that the potency of mushrooms can vary SIGNIFICANTLY. 1gr one time can easily be the same as .5 gr of another time, or be the same as 2.5 gr another time.

And if you USE the mushrooms, you can make them do whatever you want. With experience, you can make yourself trip harder, remember, it's all in your head.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: setting for my trip [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4264558 - 06/06/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yea, im gonna be doin psilocybe cubensis and i know one person who took the same ones who im gettin them off of , he took 1/8th and was trippin really hard.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4264665 - 06/06/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i'll actually feel 1gr.? i thought 1.75 was BORDERLINE very very low dosage?

BUT NO! :shocked:

Cubies can hold anywhere between 1.5-15mg/gr of Psilocybin in the dried state. Most often one gram contains 6-12mg Psilocybin.
Please listen to these trip reports from  Alexander Shulgin's TiHKAL which describe the effects of 6.6, 7 and 10mg psilocybin that can realistically be had from one gram:

Quote:

(with 6.6 mg, orally) "Something has started but I decide to join in a full dinner anyway. The effects develop right through the meal, with some hints of animal faces in the pork-chop bones. No movement, nothing flows, but it probably wouldn't take much effort. Another hour and I am dropping off already. The food? Somehow I doubt it. I would be completely unable to tell this from, say, 80 milligrams of MDMA except that I had a good appetite."
(with 7 mg, orally) "Basically I am not in a pleasant place -- quite neurotic -- inwardly turned -- a touch of despair -- considerable visual activity and if I were with someone I might find some sort of reinforcement. The apathy and unpleasantness is ebbing now. My mood might have been negative, and the psilocybin simply amplified everything. There was some intensification of the lights and darks around me."
(with 10 mg, orally) "Approximately forty minutes after the start, there was a flutter and a very high, stimulated feeling, and gradually things began to move very rapidly. It was astounding. When I closed my eyes I saw so many fantastically beautiful patterns, textures, colors. Everywhere I looked, eyes open, the colors were brilliant. The house looked absolutely gorgeous and nature was simply spectacular. It was a little frightening, almost too exciting, after the gentleness of other substances. I could not believe that I was doing it, and that I had the power within myself to see such beauty. I don't know how long this went on but the motion was so rapid that I felt a sort of motion sickness. Then I became quite nauseated and remained nauseated the rest of the day, until things quieted down in the evening, and then I felt absolutely wonderful."

Alexander Shulgin recommends 10-20mg Psilocybin which is the ratio most often had by 1.5gr dried (9-18mg)

In the Mushrooms Poll thread the dose most often recommended to an newbie by 100s of Shroomery members is 1.5-2gr.
Not able to feel 1gr? I had a successful 0.25gr today.

If you want to ram then use a high dose. If you want to build a lasting relationship with the mushroom I recommend you to take it slow. Personally I believe people should learn to shroom like they learn to swim: slowly move to the deep end, because being thrown into the deep end unprepared may be so upsetting you never want to swim/trip again.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: setting for my trip [Re: Asante]
    #4265576 - 06/06/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i guess 1.5 it is! better now its cheaper on me im really outta money right now :smile:

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #4266499 - 06/07/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

/.

Edited by memes (04/18/14 02:29 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4266696 - 06/07/05 04:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Don't forget one major thing!

Break off a tiny bit of one cap. If you find you want to explore mushrooms further then you can take the spores from those gills onto Agar, then the agar to sterilized grain (as the Cultivation forum will teach you) then you can grow all the mushrooms you'll ever need without any expensive and risky drug transactions.
Then it's just you, the supermarket, and the mushrooms  :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #4267200 - 06/07/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

haha, true that Wiccan.  My buddy just ate between .25-.5 grams of my dogs cambodians and had a wonderful night playing cards and smoking a couple blunts. Not a lay out in the woods dose obviously, for him anyway, but he definitly reported that the night was way more fun than it should have been, and I do recall a small bit of nonsense being talked at 2 hours in. Oh yea and these were just invitro in the jars I didnt have a use for, the poo is still working on pinning :wink:

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: setting for my trip [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4267264 - 06/07/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

way more fun than it should have been

:evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4267292 - 06/07/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Don't forget one major thing!

Break off a tiny bit of one cap. If you find you want to explore mushrooms further then you can take the spores from those gills onto Agar, then the agar to sterilized grain (as the Cultivation forum will teach you) then you can grow all the mushrooms you'll ever need without any expensive and risky drug transactions.
Then it's just you, the supermarket, and the mushrooms  :thumbup:

You can use the spores from dried mushrooms?! I thought something happened to them that prevented the spores from being usable...

That's pretty cool.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: setting for my trip [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4267309 - 06/07/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's basically like taking seed from a stem-dried poppy.

Its a pity most people dont realize their dose holds a million "shroom seeds" that can be sown on supermarket items with some effort.

You must treat them as a "field collected" mushroom though, meaning assume that there will be contaminations.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#4268692 - 06/07/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

whats agar some kind of paper? id like to grow my own mushrooms but it doesnt look like that'll be happening soon, i still live with my mom, and how would i order needles, my mom would think im doing heroine.

Edited by PreperationH (06/07/05 04:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder