Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

A little bit of "Fine Tuning".....
    #4264996 - 06/06/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, this is going to be my first time growing mushrooms and im looking for a little help/answers to these questions.

I ordered a Psilocybe Cubensis B+ Spore Syringe, from the looks, it seems to be frequently used, easy to grow, yeilds large "crops", and has a rather nice potency when used in a maner "other" then research  :stoned:  - The question is, for a first time grower, is this the right way to go in terms of selection.

Also, during the incubation stage, if kept at a constant Farenheit of 70 - 81 degress (Im going to try to keep a constant 75+ to increase growing rate) is it alright if im gone for 10 days? According to the manual, it states that it should take 14-25 days, so im guessing being absent for 10 days would be all right?

"PF-Tek for Simple Minds" - http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm (Website URL) Is this a good Tek - or the instructions right on wit everything checking out okay? Dont want to spend all the time growing and setting everything up to only find i followed a bogus Tek?

Also does this Tek work with the Mushroom spore i purchaed, Psilocybe Cubensis B+ Spore Syringe?

The Tek comments that after the incubation stage is complete (14-25 days) you now store the jars at normal room temperature, about 21?C (70?F). This makes sense to me, but this next part -  "Don't expose the jars to direct sunlight. Indirect sunlight (= the light that lights up a room because it's day time out) or a low wattage lamp(cool white fluorescent lamp is ideal, incandescent lamp is less suitable) for 4-12 hours a day is sufficient."  Doesnt make since to me. If im reading correctly, it says that in the storage stage (5-10 days) you dont want to expose the Mushroom Jar's to "direct" sunlight. But then it goes on commenting how  "a low wattage lamp(cool white fluorescent lamp) is ideal for 4-12 hours a day is sufficient" - If im getting this correctly, after the "Incubation" stage of 14 - 25 days, i store the mushroom jars in a spot that does not come into contact with direct sunlight, but that for 4-12 hours a day im supposed to shine a cool white fluorescent lamp on it?

IM confused because i cant tell if its either stating you should not have any light on it for the 5-10 days, or that i keep the jars away from "direct sunlight" yet shine Flouresent Lamp Light on it for 4-12 hours a day?

This is the last question (thanks for the time and patience so far guys) - During the Incubation stage, where im supposed to keep the container with the Mushroom Jars 70-81 Farenheit, is it alright if i heat it up using a Heat Lamp? Or maybe a Dark Light Heat Lamp? Or is this source of light bad for the shrooms during the "incubation" stage and therefore i should use a heating pad of somesort.

Thanks again for your patience guys and gal's of "The Shroomery", im starting out but i would hate to waste good money when i could find the answers here. All help is much appreciated.

Shroom On !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

Re: A little bit of "Fine Tuning"..... [Re: SirAustin]
    #4265178 - 06/06/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anything helps, seriously, all i have is "book" and "reading" experience underneath my belt and anything helps. If the questions in all seem over-bearing just pick whatever one you know your stuff on and answer.

Peace out Homies and Shroom On!

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
    #4265239 - 06/06/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

this 5-10 days is bullshit. once your shit is colonized 100%, it's time to fruit. i think the 5-10 extra days may be to ensure 100% colonization? or to colonize a casing layer? i dunno, doesn't make any sense. after colonization, you fruit, and that's when the light gets introduced.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: A little bit of "Fine Tuning"..... [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4265569 - 06/06/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

listen man, i think what you are saying is not good.
go here : http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3 read these teks and they should explain things alot better for you.
peace

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4265857 - 06/06/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it can be confusing. I grew B+ first too and I actually used this Tek for my substrate measurements, but I also read about a hundred other teks to combine into one good one. It'll take a while to get the terminology about the different stages down...might as well start paying attention now. I used a heating pad to incubate. I put the jars back into the boxes they came in and put that in a rubbermaid box on top of some other boxes with the heating pad at the very bottom. AFTER they come out of the incubator you birth them, bring down the temp, add some gas exchange and expose to light to start pinning. NOT direct sunlight because it would be too hot for the myc. That's why they say "indirect", I used a fluorescent. Ten days should be cool to leave them, but make sure your heat stays CONSTANT in your incubator before you leave! You wouldn't want it to get too hot and kill the Myc.

Good luck and read, read, READ!!!!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Edited by schapper (06/06/05 10:28 PM)

OfflineSirAustin
Stranger

Re: A little bit of "Fine Tuning"..... [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4265951 - 06/06/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the info guys - it all helped - ill check out that Tek and others, The B+ should be here in a few days and untill then i will read on!!!

This is my first time growing anything, and really the number one reason im doing it is that it seems like a adventure. YOu spend around a month working and fine tuning your mushrooms then at the very end you get the big pay-off. Kinda like making a long ass batch of cookies then at the end, yum.

Thanks again and keep the help coming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder