Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
ULTRASONIC USERS check it
    #4264762 - 06/06/05 08:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My buddies pet hamsters girlfriend is real smart, and has a 96 gallon rubbermaid hooked up to an ultrasonic humidifier (currently running 15 mins ever hour and 15 mins) and a coolmist on 24/7. The humidity seems good to the hamster, it hasn't put any casings in it yet as it just built it yet, but the hamster is using dry vermiculite to test if its too wet, and it seems to be just right. The hamster is having a problem with standing water though, there is water build up in the bottom of the terrarium is this normal? The hamster took preventative measures by cutting holes in the bottom of the terrarium so it will drain out, but sometimes there is still a little bit that accumulates after about 24 hours. Is this a problem or just normal when using an ultrasonic set up? Thx for your help!

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: ULTRASONIC USERS check it [Re: lemunhed]
    #4265281 - 06/06/05 09:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Come on some one at the shroomery uses an ultrasonic humidifier....

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
    #4265334 - 06/06/05 09:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thats normal if your buddys hamster is going for casings dont worry but if you have cakes worry dont put them in the water take mesh wire and bend it to set about a 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom and set it and forget it lol shroomtisire time yaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!i would recommend not useing the hummer after pins form,and i think yopu buddys hamster needs to get a freezer or a greenhouse setup because that is a small ass fruiting chamber!!!!!

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4265603 - 06/06/05 11:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Had a similar problem with a Martha. I just put a driveway pan under it and cut two holes in the bottom so I think something similar would work. For a Martha though the cool mist ran 24/7 and the ultra came on every 2 hrs for 10 min. Times change with the time of year.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: ULTRASONIC USERS check it [Re: Magash]
    #4267108 - 06/07/05 10:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Cool. I want to step up to a green house but you gots to start somewhere. No point in making an elaborate martha set up if I can't get casings to work out etc., so i figured I would start small. I am doing casings which are in ziplock trays (very similar to you Magash). I adjusted the timer so the ultrasonic puts out less water and only comes on 10 minutes every hour and a half. It's really hot and humid here so just the moisture on the walls and coolmist are probably more than enough. Thx for your input guys.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4267624 - 06/07/05 02:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

15 mins every hour seems kind of long to me. Hopefully it works out though

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: ULTRASONIC USERS check it [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4269857 - 06/07/05 11:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have a 96 gal fruiting chamber. I bet the coolmist alone would be close to enough humidity with casings in it.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #4269884 - 06/07/05 11:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have a martha and when its completly loaded with shit I turn it on 1 min every 1 hr 15 mins cool mist 24/7

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinekimikiri
Sometimes

Loc: Growing Outwards
    #4269910 - 06/08/05 12:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am planning on buying an ultrasonic fogger and putting it into my chamber... I will keep you all up to date on how it works out.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #4270174 - 06/08/05 01:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey GNIOM1498, how many shelves does your Martha have?

Offlinematto322
Stranger

Re: ULTRASONIC USERS check it [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #4306972 - 06/17/05 11:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I purchased the Martha closet and cool mist humidifier along with an ultra sonic humidifier. I live in a desert region where the relative humidity is quite low so I figured I would need both. I bought a really useful timer at my local hydro shop that worked in 15 minute intervals, I read that running the cool mist humidifier 24/7 and the ultrasonic 15 minutes every hour was good so I decided to go that route. Unfortunately my casings were getting way too saturated leading to cobweb type strands to show up on my casing trays. I assume it's cobweb because it looks exactly like cobwebs, little strands forming on my casing layer which could be easily seen with the small moisture droplets on them. I attached the hosed where I saw diagrams from previous posts, right at the top with an over under configuration the ultrasonic being on top so the cool mist would blow the fog a little better. I have come to realize that the mist coming in from the top is falling down onto my casings causing over saturation. I thought of putting the tubes on the bottom but the water buildup in the tubes would be a menace as well. I also thought about putting a plexiglass shield on each shelf that would block the mist from falling onto the casings but I'm not sure. I have 2 fish tank pumps on the bottom of the closet with an air tube running out of each side to pump out the co2 buildup on the bottom of the chamber. I was quite proud of my little creation and really didn't want to get rid of it. Can I get some expert advice on what to do about this? There has to be some people successfully casing using the Martha with an ultrasonic, please any help would be appreciated...
MaTTo
:eek:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation