Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeprime
Stranger
I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized
    #4264623 - 06/06/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

so will it be okay ? I'm starting my shrooms this weekend (if I get my prints on time) I'm thinking of just leaving a heating pad that I have on to keep them at a constant tempurature to get the substrate colonized while I'm away . Would there be any sort of problem that I could not for see that might screw them up ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: eprime]
    #4264632 - 06/06/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Long as your temps are right for incubation, not too high or too low, then they'll be fine left alone. This way, you'll have a surprise to look forward to when you return.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: Holydiver]
    #4264648 - 06/06/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You should be fine just like diver said but i must say. In case you need some ostrich or buffalo on your trip...

http://www.eprimecuts.com

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4264666 - 06/06/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pcubmycol said:
You should be fine just like diver said but i must say. In case you need some ostrich or buffalo on your trip...

http://www.eprimecuts.com

:rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlineeprime
Stranger
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: Holydiver]
    #4264676 - 06/06/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well I do like a good ostrich burger..........

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: eprime]
    #4264680 - 06/06/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually those meats do look awesome, I just couldn't figure out what that was doing in this thread.  :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4264682 - 06/06/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eprime said:
so will it be okay ? I'm starting my shrooms this weekend (if I get my prints on time) I'm thinking of just leaving a heating pad that I have on to keep them at a constant tempurature to get the substrate colonized while I'm away . Would there be any sort of problem that I could not for see that might screw them up ?

Print to substrate isn't going to work.

Do you mean print spores, to a syringe, to prepared spawn (wbs/grain)jars/bags?

--------------------

Offlineeprime
Stranger
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: agar]
    #4264720 - 06/06/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya , I'm going to make a spore syringe . Actualy come to think of it I was going to ask how do you do a print to a syringe ? I've only read instructions for making the syringes from the spores that were collected directly from the mushroom . I'm assuming you just use a sterilized scraper to scrape the spores into a mixing container and then just do the whole spore syringe thing like normal , but is there another more efficiant/easy way to do this ?

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

#4264817 - 06/06/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that is the way. Mix spores with water, suck solution into syringe, give it some time before use. Everything must be sterile, of course.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: I might be leaving for 5 days while my substrate is being colonized [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #4264884 - 06/06/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7958
theres one way

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7942
theres two ways

theres many more ways with the search button.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
    #4264936 - 06/06/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a relative newbie with about 15 successful grows now and must say that I've never had a spore contamination problem by using a shot glass to capture the spores I've scraped with my sterilized needle. I add the sterilized water in the syringe and then suck it up again. Works every time!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags