Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
The threat from Mexico.
    #4263510 - 06/06/05 02:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The threat from Mexico
Political, economic unrest to force border security as No. 1 priority?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 6, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

? 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON ? Ronald Reagan's defense secretary, Caspar Weinberger, credited with engineering the demise of the Soviet Union, once predicted ? because of illegal immigration and social unrest south of the border ? the U.S. would be at war with Mexico by 2003.

As the U.S. becomes increasingly concerned about just those issues ? and one more, the growing power and violence of the drug cartels operating in and around the border ? some U.S. intelligence and military analysts are dusting off Weinberger's "Operation Aztec" battle plan for review.

Weinberger's scenario outlined a rapid three-pronged military invasion designed to control domestic Mexican unrest and stem the influx of millions of immigrants.

Likewise, in a 1994 Pentagon briefing paper dealing with "deployment of U.S. troops in Mexico as a result of widespread economic and social chaos," Donald E. Schultz, a professor of national security at the U.S. Army's War College around the same time wrote: "A hostile government could put U.S. investments in Mexico in danger, jeopardize access to oil, produce a flood of political refugees and economic migrants to the north."

Meanwhile, Mexican President Vicente Fox is indeed concerned about his country's internal security. A few days ago, he summoned to Sinaloa a meeting with top-level officials to discuss various issues of Mexican national security.

The meeting was described by observers as a "top-level group to define Mexican security actions." The president guided his group of experts to draft within the next 90 days, a structure and mechanism proposal on several critical security issues. He instructed the team to prepare strategies to combat illegal arms build-ups, to fight small time drug traders and to find ways to reduce drug addiction prevalence and money laundering. According to the presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar, Fox instructed his top-level group to divide the upcoming 90 days into 30-, 60- and 90-day time spans.

Oddly, however, the border with the U.S. was a very low priority for Fox and his advisers. They were concerned more with their own southern borders with Belize and Guatemala, where Mexico faces its own illegal immigration crisis.

It seems unavoidable that the U.S.-Mexico border is going to be the big issue in the 2006 mid-term elections in the U.S., whether or not it is a major issue for Mexican politicians vying for political office next year:

The Zetas, a group of U.S.-trained commandos who turned from drug interdiction to drug cartel protection, have killed hundreds along the border since January, raising concerns even from the U.S. Justice Department, which seldom likes to acknowledge any problems with Mexico.

The illegal immigration wave continues unabated with no plans in sight from the Bush administration. Members of Congress from both parties are currently planning to introduce bills in the coming weeks to militarize the border.

While the Zetas are concerned with cross-border drug-running operations, other criminal gangs, some just as deadly, run the people smuggling operations. And there are growing concerns in Washington about the ability of terrorist groups to buy their way into the U.S. through these contacts.

Illegal immigration in the U.S. far outpaces legal immigration, causing economic and cultural problems, as well as security issues.
Experts on Mexican security and crime say Fox, preparing for the 2006 presidential campaign, is definitely worried about deteriorating relations with the U.S., particularly with U.S. border-states.

Fox is facing a big political challenge from the growing power and popularity of Mexico City's mayor, Anres Manuel Lopez Obrador, nicknamed AMLO. On May 24, Obrador came out with a remarkable show of force, bringing into the streets 1.2 million non-violent demonstrators to protest attempts by the president to curb his candidacy through judicial acrobatics. The demonstration's dimension, the way it reverberated across the country, and the apparent re-organizing of indigenous and left-wing guerrilla fighters and guerrilla sympathizers, sent shockwaves throughout the Mexican oligarchy.

More than 40 Percent of Mexicans live below the poverty line. Although Mexican officials tend to brag only 3.2 percent of the population is unemployed, CIA experts explain that more than 25 percent of those labeled as working are in reality, and according to any western standards, severely under employed. When these data are added to many other ailments in the country's socio-political reality it is no wonder the mass's discontent, unrest and instability is about to burst.

Security experts claim a variety of groups and organizations plan to play an active role in the coming election campaign, hoping to bring down the Fox administration as well as the present military and police establishments. These include the:

Aboriginal Zapatista National Liberation Army, EZLN, which in the 90s waged war on the state, and then negotiated a cease-fire with Fox's predecessor.

The Popular Liberation Army, EPR, based mainly in the Guerreo State.

Commando Jaramillista Moreense de 23 Mayo, also known as the CJM23M. An illusive group which so far surfaced mainly through leaflets, press releases and threats against the state.
More groups mentioned in the May-June 2001 publication of the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center Military Review are:

The People's Revolutionary Army, EPR,

The Revolutionary Army of Insurgent Peoples. ERPI,

The People's Revolutionary Armed Forces, FARP,

The Villist Revolutionary Army of the People, VRAP, and

The Clandestine Revolutionary Army of the Poor, CRAP.
Defense Intelligence Agency analysts have recently added accumulating information on jihadi groups establishing shop in Mexico City and other urban centers. An FBI wanted list for drug cartel bosses placed Ramon Eduardo Arellano-Felix at the top, describing him as extremely violent and probably with extensive narco-terror connection, setting him next to terrorist Osama bin Laden on the FBI 10 most wanted list. This by itself illuminates the appalling scope of the problem.

The Sinaloa meeting deliberately avoided dealing with so-called "mega-problems" and instead focused more on relatively petty local crimes. This is an indication the Fox administration is planning to use the infamous traditional Mexican political solution of joining forces with drug cartels despite its malignant ripple affect on the Mexican and even U.S. societies.

The Mexican and the U.S. administrations, each government for reasons of its own, are doing their utmost to dodge issues around the border-crossing epidemic from Mexico to the U.S. As politicians in Washington are trying to avoid coping with public opinion or evade voicing support to such initiatives as the Minuteman Project and the Yuma Patriots, these very issues do not escape the eyes of the Department of Homeland Security and immigration authorities.

The above data when added to the overall, possibly shaky, political situation in Mexico, and with Fox's open disregard for mutual border respect, the U.S. is faced with a dangerously looming confrontation with her supposedly friendly neighbor in the south.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44604

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4263968 - 06/06/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Be prepared to be tarred with the 'racist' label.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4263985 - 06/06/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: SoopaX]
    #4264415 - 06/06/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

WASHINGTON ? Ronald Reagan's defense secretary, Caspar Weinberger, credited with engineering the demise of the Soviet Union....

holy shit. thats the most blatantly dumb revisionist shit Ive read to date.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: Doom]
    #4264731 - 06/06/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doom said:
WASHINGTON ? Ronald Reagan's defense secretary, Caspar Weinberger, credited with engineering the demise of the Soviet Union....

holy shit. thats the most blatantly dumb revisionist shit Ive read to date.

I agree with Doom here, which is one of the bizarrist occurrences ever on the Shroomery. Weinberger was an asshat.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4265386 - 06/06/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Why should Fox care about the border? Those illegal immigrants send much needed American dollars to their folks back home. But I don't know about things coming to war. Of course, with the current crowd being in power in Washington, anything's possible.....

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: Doom]
    #4265629 - 06/06/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, seriously, CRAP? haha, someoones gotta think thats funny.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4265662 - 06/06/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:grin: Yeah, I kinda chuckled at that one too....

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4266576 - 06/07/05 03:58 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

A hostile government in Mexico?  A war with Mexico? :rolleyes:

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: Signo]
    #4266623 - 06/07/05 04:27 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

WHAT!!! THEY GOT COKE!?!?!?!?! BOMB THEM!!! (and confiscate some heh heh heh... ha... haha... Hahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AND HEE-HAW BITCHES!!! COKE PARTY IN THE OVAL OFFICE!!!) ...and be sure to pass out those bibles in the rehabilitation camps.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (06/07/05 04:27 AM)

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #4268065 - 06/07/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeh me too

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: CJay]
    #4268221 - 06/07/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.veteranmuseum.org/us-mexico.html

In Memoriam

Between the War for Independence and Operation Iraqi Freedom, the armed forces of the United States have participated in twenty-one principal wars and in numerous smaller conflicts and operations. In each of these American men and women have paid a high price for the nation's freedom, selflessly sacrificing life or limb for an honorable cause.

Principal sources of information for the figures, explanatory text and illustrations appearing below include the National Archives and Records Administration; U.S. Navy Historical Center; Department of Defense; Department of Veterans Affairs; and The Oxford Companion to American Military History, from which all quotations are taken.

United States Interventions in Mexico, 1914-1917

During the Mexican Revolution (1910-1917), the United States government ordered two military incursions into Mexico. The first entailed an invasion and occupation of the city of Veracruz in 1914, and the second was the "Punitive Expedition" of 1916-1917, commanded by General John J. Pershing. President Woodrow Wilson was reluctant to send U.S. troops to Mexico in 1914, but "yielded to pressure from American business interests, cabinet members, newspapers, and representatives of the Southwest." Reluctant or not, Wilson desired to depose the government of General Victoriano Huerta by seizing the port of Veracruz, through which flowed most of the armaments and supplies imported for the Mexican army. Wilson's quarrel with Huerta was twofold: first, Huerta "could not maintain order and protect U.S. private and public interests" in Mexico; and second, Huerta was "a dictator who imposed himself on the Mexican republic after murdering his democratically elected predecessor." American warships arrived on the scene in April, 1914 and shelled the city, taking "a terrible toll" on the civilian population, which had decided to resist the invasion. At the same time, the U.S. Navy and Marines seized the opportunity to experiment with amphibious landing techniques, with "an almost comic opera" effect. Between the landing and the occupation (which lasted through November) U.S. troops did help oversee the removal of Huerta from office mainly by supplying the revolutionary forces of Venustiano Carranza with arms and other critical materials.

When a revolutionary faction headed by Francisco "Pancho" Villa staged a raid on the town of Columbus, New Mexico in 1916, killing sixteen Americans in the process, President Wilson ordered a force under General Pershing to find and capture Villa and thus eliminate the threat that Villa's band of 500 posed along the U.S.-Mexican border. With 12,000 soldiers, observation aircraft, cavalry, and motorized supply vehicles in support, the Punitive Expedition penetrated 419 miles into Mexico in search of the outlaws. They encountered serious resistance only a few times, and never found Villa. In the meantime, with the Americans chasing after him, Villa's popularity mushroomed as did his band of combatants, which grew to number about 5,000 by the time President Wilson ordered Pershing to withdraw in January 1917. Carranza, who was acting president of Mexico at the time, was elected president under a new constitution just a few weeks later. And not long after that, Pershing was appointed commander of the American Expeditionary Force, the nation's most important contribution to the Allied war effort in Europe during World War I.

American Casualties, Occupation of Vera Cruz, 1914

Branch of Service Killed in Action Non-mortal Wounds
Navy 17 57
Marines 5 13
Total 22 70

American Casualties, Punitive Expedition to Mexico, 1916

Branch of Service Number Serving Killed in Action Other Deaths Non-mortal Wounds
Army 12,000
Navy
Marines
Total

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (06/07/05 04:09 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#4269101 - 06/07/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
Quote:

Re-quoted because it's the second best name for a terrorist group I've seen.

The first remains MILF, which I think is the Malaysian Islamic Liberation Front or something along those lines.

Blah anyhow. Only thing I have to contribute is that you really aught to oppose any law that allows noncitizens to attain a US driver's license. Those things let you vote yanno, and there's no reason a noncitizen could have to need a US license. If you're visiting, generally a foreign driver's license is honored. If you're staying, GO THROUGH THE LEGAL PROCESS TO BECOME A CITIZEN.

No one's saying that the Mexicans need to stay out of America. Well, some people are.. I'm not. I'm simply saying they NEED to do things PROPERLY.

... hehe.. CRAP..

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: The threat from Mexico. [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #4269442 - 06/07/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:
Quote:

SoopaX said:
Quote:

Re-quoted because it's the second best name for a terrorist group I've seen.

The first remains MILF, which I think is the Malaysian Islamic Liberation Front or something along those lines.

Blah anyhow. Only thing I have to contribute is that you really aught to oppose any law that allows noncitizens to attain a US driver's license. Those things let you vote yanno, and there's no reason a noncitizen could have to need a US license. If you're visiting, generally a foreign driver's license is honored. If you're staying, GO THROUGH THE LEGAL PROCESS TO BECOME A CITIZEN.

No one's saying that the Mexicans need to stay out of America. Well, some people are.. I'm not. I'm simply saying they NEED to do things PROPERLY.

... hehe.. CRAP..

meh, free trade baby, get used to it. Illegal mexicans are the only people who are gonna save you yanks from big bad red china and its army of slaves.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion