Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedrumsinttown
Your Mother'sGentleman Caller

Loc: Alabamer
What kind of terrain to search?
    #4262538 - 06/06/05 03:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I hope i am not being a bother with you guys who have been around a while, but i have spent a considerable ammount of time searching posts with no avail. My question is: What kind of terrain do you usually find the shrooms at in a pasture?More specifically, are there places in the pastures that you find shrooms more often than not, or is it pretty random? I am always on pastures that have a high hill with a good slope with water toward the bottom. Would i be wasting my time to search in the bottoms where there has been a considerable ammount of standing water?

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: What kind of terrain to search? [Re: drumsinttown]
    #4262984 - 06/06/05 11:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It depends on what species you are looking for and what type of pasture it is (e.g. cows, horses, etc). It varies.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: What kind of terrain to search? [Re: eris]
    #4263010 - 06/06/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybe Cubensis

Open pastures, look in the shaded regions, and where trees are, but the trees need to be sparse. Not thick/deep forest, normally near the tree line if anywhere.

If a cow could/would go there, check it. Think about sunlight and rain. Where would the rain come in, but not flood a spot? Where will the sunlight hit, but not all day as to dry out or hurt mushrooms?

Honestly, where mushrooms grow seems to be sporacid and random. They're everywhere, but the best places to check are what I just listed. Think about moisture/sunlight/heat, because that is what mushrooms need to grow. Then, think about where cow pies would be, because that's what they grow on.

This is only for cow fields and for psilocybe cubensis. Open fields with a tree line/water source seem to be the best. Quite a few cows, etc. You'll get a feel for a good field.

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification