Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
UFO SITING OMFG!!!!
    #4262397 - 06/06/05 02:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

dude you guys are gonna think im loony as fuk but I swear on everything I own I just saw the craziest thing in my life. I am not a strong believer of UFO's and all that shit, but my girlfriend was just giving me a ride home and on the way we saw a huge round light in the sky and thought it was a star. But all of a sudden it took off flying at like... hundreds of miles per hour. It flew to our right and paused over some tree's just before dissapearing into thin air, when it was just sitting still a second ago! I got chills down my spine, and when we saw it, we both gasped. I have always thought of UFO's to be a bunch of bullshit until tonight. I wonder how this is going to effect my perspective on life.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4262440 - 06/06/05 02:45 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm I actually believe you.. but the thing is I've heard a gang of stories completely identical to yours of the exact same thing happening but I haven't seen it yet poo.. I once saw a light that was abnormally bright and just kept getting brighter and brighter i started to feel like i was tripping so i ran inside came back out and it was gone

--------------------
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4262655 - 06/06/05 07:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You description sounds exactly like a weather balloon. They are seen as a round sphere, usually brightly lit white or orangish-red. They can appear to be moving extremly fast, tend to switch directions, and even appear to hover from time to time. They also tend to 'just disappear into thin air'. One thing they do not do is make noise. (Did you hear anything?)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #4263125 - 06/06/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This was last night, late, and was NOT a weather balloon! it was sitting still over this mountain to our left and I said to my girlfriend "Look at that ultra bright-ass star, it must be a planet", even though it was a little too big to be one. Then it went ZZOOOMMM so insanely fast, and stopped over a mountain to our right. And then poof! all the light coming from it ceased. It could very well still have been there but it was too dark to know. And we were in a car so it was hard to say if it made any noise or not. It still creeps me out to think about this. I barely slept last night, im too pumped from this experience.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4263154 - 06/06/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It didn't move "fast" it moved like 2 miles in a second. I believe the word for that would be HOT DAMN.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4263158 - 06/06/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I believe you man. I've always believed in UFO's and Gov't conspiracies at roswell and all that. Man, you are so lucky, I've always wanted to see one!

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #4263346 - 06/06/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
You description sounds exactly like a weather balloon.  They are seen as a round sphere, usually brightly lit white or orangish-red.  They can appear to be moving extremly fast, tend to switch directions, and even appear to hover from time to time.  They also tend to 'just disappear into thin air'.  One thing they do not do is make noise.  (Did you hear anything?)

Hence the phrase... "Faster than a speeding Balloon"  :shocked:  :lol:

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #4263616 - 06/06/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Seeing stuff like this is pretty wild, huh?

I was lucky enough to see some sort of bizarre "UFO" once too. My friend and I were driving on a gravel country road in south-eastern Nebraska at around 11pm, clear view of the stars and all. All of a sudden, the sky LIT up and it was as bright as day for about two seconds. I'm not exaggerating when I say the whole sky lit up. It was as if the sun came out for two seconds. The bright burst of light faded and everything seemed back to normal, until I looked out the window and directly above us. There was, like you described, a bright light that looked a little bigger than a distant planet (it was a whitish-blue hue). I watched it for a minute or so, and suddenly it just took off at an incredible speed. I remember seeing a blueish-white colored trail in the sky that lingered from where the original "dot" had been to about a fifth of the way across the sky. It stayed there for a couple minutes, then slowly went away.

My friend and I both saw the whole thing, and we were both sober as fuck.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4264243 - 06/06/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Check out some of my UFO threads in S&P if your interested.

Its actually far more common than people think. They are flying around in our skies and atmosphere all the time. As I stated in my posts, if you spend enough time sky watching you will easily see one like what you describe.

There are a few simple reasons why avarege jo hasn't seen something strange: 1. Peoples necks are not designed to look up. 2. Street lighting and buildings in towns and cities virtual erradicate any decent view of the sky. 3. People spend far more time worring about their mundane lives than to realise whats going on. As one of my friends said "he doesn't care and hasn't thought about it". Its not a particularly positive thought for a human being to accept into their life; the fear of being confronted by a being from another world.

Last summer I saw about 7 that I would say fit into the catagory of apparently inteligently controlled balls of light in space. Of course, I saw plenty of usual stuff too satellites etc Its useful to read up on astronomy and how to spot the difference between a UFO and what could be ball lighting, meteors etc

One of the most interesting lights in space occured when I was out fishing. I was with 3 of my companions sat at the riverside. 2 of my friends were sleeping. There was a very bright star directly ahead of us and roughly 5 or 6 dimmer less visible stars that we could see in our field of vision. This 'bright star' was there all night. Everytime I checked the sky for disturbances (as I constantly do) I could see the bright star as a point of reference. Anyhow, we fished all night and watched some possible dim UFO's when it got to about 2-3am I noticed the bright star was having some disturbance, I nudged my friend and we both watched as the star moved away calmly and swiftly across the sky. It went right over us and down the other side. We awoke our sleeping companions and were in awe. This encounter enlightened me to my new theory that they have surviellance devices hidden as stars.

You may well ask "Why would they be watching us?". I believe the answer is because we are soon to be solving the mysteries of gravity. Before long we will be able to fly to thier planet! That is if they haven't just been studing us like ants for millions of years!

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4264266 - 06/06/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

P.S

Hasn't the old weather ballon stigma grown thin?

Maybe if the weather ballon manufacturer sees a UFO, that would prove it too you, no?

--------------------

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#4264278 - 06/06/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

?

--------------------

Offlinejoshgeek
Stranger
Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Ego Death]
    #4264322 - 06/06/05 05:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ok, this is really strange. I wont go into the encounter(s?) ive had as a child, but suffice it to say that I was just watching a tv program about ufos and thought about the encounter I recently had, which I am going to explain. I came here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and this thread was just there... screaming to me.
November 6th, 2004. SouthEastern Wisconsin. I was at my place and had, strangely enough, just split a bag of decent cubensis with 2 other friends. Now I know no one else on this thread was frying when they had their encounter... but It just happened to be the case. So you can call me crazy or whatever, I mean this is the internet. Anyway, we were coming back into town from going out in the woods (it had gotten dark). "what the hell is that in the sky?" my friend asks and i look in the western sky and there was a large streak of green going up the length of the sky from west to east. "Holy Shit!" I said " Its the Northern Lights!!!" It seemed like our timing was perfect as we just started buzzing nicely. "We have to get down to the lake!" I said, and we went to the shore of lake michigan to enjoy the natural light show. For those who dont know what Northern Lights is, It is a natural phenomena caused by "atmospheric disturbance" and usually shows up in the skies of the northern hemisphere around mid to late fall. It was the first (and only) time I had ever witnessed the event.
So there we are on the rocks by the lake and the northern lights are morphing and changing better than any of Pink Floyd's greatest light shows put together. Suddenly I see a light on the horizon of the lake move upward toward the west and more overhead of where we were. I followed the lights up and said "what the fuck kind of plane is that?!" then the movement of the object ceased and I noticed there were four or five other identical objects that seemed to be hovering accross the eastern sky stretching north to south over lake michigan. I looked as closely as I could to each object. It was dark so each object looked like a line of colored lights. red, green, yellow, and orange that I can remember. These lights were in a horizontal line and were occilating off and on like one of those cheesy resturaunt signs. My two friends were confused and one said "where did they all come from?" And then I saw the number of lights in the area increase to about 12 or 15 objects. In our mental state, seeing all these objects quickly jolted our anxiety. When we saw a plane take off right over our harbor to the north of where we were sitting, we kind of freaked and went back to my place to ride the trip out. I dont want to go into the sort of trip I was having, except to say that it was extremely mind-opening and beneficial. I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences to this.
By the way, I ended up having to go to band practice later that evening and my friends went back out with someone who wasnt there with us the first time and they claim to have seen about half a dozen of the same objects in the sky along with the Northern Lights.
My bandmates think I was just tripping that hard, but Im pretty sure I saw what I saw.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4266682 - 06/07/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have always thought of UFO's to be a bunch of bullshit until tonight.

"I don't know what it is" means "I don't know what it is", not "It's an alien spacecraft".

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Diploid]
    #4267416 - 06/07/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If it looks like a rabbit, then it probably is a rabbit.

I've seen these craft close enough to know they are spacecraft. Or what appears to be, anti-gravity disc shaped vehicles.

The fact that man has been seeing these ships and their alien looking occupants pre-flight era means that they are most likely to not be our own.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: Diploid]
    #4267433 - 06/07/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

When we first took to the skies big time (World War 2). We noticed that their were more advanced, possible enemy fighters, in the sky.

We called them Foo Fighters. Bizzarly enough the Germans also spotted the Foo Fighters and both sides thought that it was each other flying advanced planes!

Have you ever wondered, what these craft were or where they came from?

Invisiblefinding_self
Stranger
fake titles [Re: Ego Death]
    #4270610 - 06/08/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

a

Edited by finding_self (04/18/06 11:16 PM)

Invisiblefinding_self
Stranger
fake titles [Re: finding_self]
    #4270618 - 06/08/05 04:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

a

Edited by finding_self (04/18/06 11:14 PM)

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #4270838 - 06/08/05 08:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well since everyone seems to be sharing their experiences with seeing things in the sky, I figure I may as well. My story isn't nearly as interesting though.

So I had just accidentally fried my hard drive and was a bit frustrated, so I decided to go for a walk. It was around 11:30 PM. I'm just walking down the street listening to Summer in Abaddon on headphones. I'm halfway down the street when all of a sudden I see a flash of green light, literally all around me. This was so sudden and strong that it made me jump. I felt as though the source was behind me somewhere so I turned around to see what was going on. I saw nothing, but I looked up into the sky and there was a streak of green across the sky. I had taken the headphones off of one of my ears while turning around, but did not hear a thing. I kept looking at this streak which faded away. I put my headphones back on and continued walking ....

--------------------

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: UFO SITING OMFG!!!! [Re: finding_self]
    #4272757 - 06/08/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Would you comunicate with a species that compared to your intellect had the mind capacity of a retard?  Would you talk to these retards while they were busy killing each other by the hundreds/thousands daily?

uhm. No.

Lets learn to be nice first, then they might say 'hi'.

:sun:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4272801 - 06/08/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Could be ball lightning? It's rare, but not unheard of.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

General Interest >> Science and Technology