Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Do you get higher, lower, or about the same as time goes on from using drugs?
    #4261827 - 06/06/05 12:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have found that my inital introduction to drugs (opioid painkillers) was one where the euphoric effects were intense, but dropped off as time went on. At that point, I was using opioids, alcohol, and a few other substances as a method of escaping my psychological problems. Depression and anxiety were eliminated as long as I could keep a steady supply going, and as time went on, my demand for a steady supply increased. There was one day which I used 60 pills of hydrocodone in one day, which would be about 600 mg of hydrocodone spread over 12 hours. I do not recommend this, as the next night was pure hell trying to get to sleep.

After a process of self-discovery, introspection, and sober effort in dealing with my problems, I was able to break free from dependancy. During that time, I got into psychedelics as a method of introspective examination and also began meditation. It was during this time that I found my drug use got me higher & higher the more I developed my understanding of myself & life. It was really the meditation which created a synergy between responsibily using drugs and the meditation. I could meditate sober and get into the same terroritory as I could when high, however it was when under the effect of drugs which I expanded into new realms.

I almost laugh at when anti-drug types claim that drugs stop working, and it requires more & more just to feel normal. Then I remember my early days and realize how much my drug ignorance, as well as psychological issues, created that type of use of drugs. This is why it angers me when I see such misleading information put out by anti-drug organizations in the name of saving the childern. Prior to my shoulder surgery, I thought prescription painkillers were MUCH less harmful and "hard" than marijuana. This just goes to show how much our current drug problem is only perpetiated by the War on Drugs.

I don't really want to get into a "War on Drugs" bashing fest (well, I'm always ready for that). What I want to know is whether your drug use, over time, has gotten you higher, about the same, or requires more & more just to get less & less.
Over time, do you find that drugs...
You may choose only one
get you higher than before
don't get you as high as they used to
about the same
Have drugs brought more positive in your life, or negative?
You may choose only one
Positive
Negative
About the same
It's too complex to say one way or the other

Votes accepted from (06/06/05 12:13 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Do you get higher, lower, or about the same as time goes on from using drugs? [Re: Twirling]
    #4261836 - 06/06/05 12:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

and I don't mean to rant on the life-saving mircale of drug use. It's clear that drugs cover a large range of reactions and changes in people's lives, positive, negative, neutral. I just want to share my perspective.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Do you get higher, lower, or about the same as time goes on from using drugs? [Re: Twirling]
    #4261944 - 06/06/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You post is a mass of generalizations and loaded questions that cannot be answered.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Do you get higher, lower, or about the same as time goes on from using drugs? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4262225 - 06/06/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mass of generalizations? All I was suggesting was the idea that there is a wide range of mentalities to the ways people use drugs which can influence the outcome. I gave examples of my personal experiences which were complete opposites of each other, and said that I can see how misinformation leads to misuse of drugs. I even went as far to admit my past psychological issues which caused me to abuse painkillers at one point. I was honest & upfront and delt with both the positive & negative of my specific experiences. How this is a mass generalization is beyond me.

I also left the option of "it's too complex to say", allowing each voter to state that they can not come up with an answer because the question too simplified for their personal experiences. Again, it is a question which has the option of allowing the person to give an answer which represents the complexity of the issue. All I asked for was people's honest experiences with drugs and how they've progressed over the years.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology