Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Perfect Numbers for each growth stage
    #4261458 - 06/05/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have read and read and read, unlike most new growers on the forum.. but I read a lot of conflicting information. Especially regarding RH numbers and Temps for each growth stage, and it makes me confused because I know that fungi is a very peticular thing to grow.

So from what I have read,

Incubation(using Jars):
75-85 F
50-70% RH.
Now I also saw higher temps, around 85-90 F.
As well something that shocked me was I saw in one piece of information that RH should be 90%! That is a fairly large difference.

Pinning/Post Casing:
70-75 F
95-100% RH
Also read, 84-86 F and 90% RH. Quite the difference between temps.

Fruiting:
74-78 F
95-100%
Also read, 70-75F (not a huge difference) and that RH wasn't important (interesting considering my original thought was RH was very important during fruit stage)

Anyways if someone can let me in on ideal conditions for the 3 growth stages when Casing that might help me a little bit. Thanks.

--------------------
-weird

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: Ghosty]
    #4261489 - 06/05/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Incubation(using Jars):
75-85 F <- they can grow at room temps, or in an incubator set at 80-85 degrees. Jars produce heat on there own, and its good to leave it at 82
50-70% RH. <- this is the regular rooms relative humidity, if you have problems with your jars drying out, then you can boost the humidity in the incubator
Now I also saw higher temps, around 85-90 F. <- these are no good, and will stall mycelial growth

Pinning/Post Casing:
70-75 F (good, if it goes above 80 you'll have shitty results, always keep your temps low)
95-100% RH (when doing cakes)
Also read, 84-86 F(good incubation temps) and 90% RH(good incubation rh, to prevent jars from dying out).

Fruiting:
74-78 F (good)
95-100% (bad for casings, 82-92 is optimal for casings, and discontinue misting, to prevent aborts)

Also read, 70-75F (not a huge difference) and that RH wasn't important (interesting considering my original thought was RH was very important during fruit stage) RH IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Leave me some shrooms will ya?

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: grow]
    #4261547 - 06/05/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

is it that important to have different temps and RH for pinning stage? Or can you just go from Incubation numbers over to Fruiting numbers?

--------------------
-weird

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4261585 - 06/05/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you are incubating jars they should be around 84 degrees. Above 85 and growth starts to decline. Over.. 106? or near there is when things die.
Humidity during incubation depends on the RH in your area. If you live in a dry area.. then raise the RH. You just need enough so that water is not drawn out of the jars. But, if your jars are too wet.. you can lower the RH to help a bit.

>>Pinning/Post Casing:
>>70-75 F
>>95-100% RH
:thumbup:
You want the temperature drop to initiate pinning.

For fruiting. The temps you listed are fine. I am trying to test to see if lower is better... dunno yet.
The RH during fruiting should be lower than for pinning. So 80-85. If you start to see white dots on your caps(mycelium) then your RH is too high.. lower it. If your caps are cracked.. that means RH was too low.

Seems like your off to a good start.

Good luck
~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage *DELETED* [Re: Quiescence]
    #4262080 - 06/05/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: poboy]
    #4262207 - 06/05/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The RH during fruiting should be lower than for pinning. So 80-85.

Quote:

Primordia Formation:
Relative Humidity: 95-100%.

See now this is where I get confused, because two different numbers are suggested.. I don't mean to be picky but I want things to be perfect if you know what I mean :smile: It seems to be though a lower % Rh is prefered when using casings as the case layer provides most the moisture.

--------------------
-weird

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4262222 - 06/05/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We both said the same thing.. just called the stages something different.

Fruting is after primorida formation. First you form pins.. thats when you want the 95-100%. Once pins are formed.. thats what I called fruiting. Which is when you lower it slightly.

Im kinda tired... was that clear?
Feel free to ask again.. and I will try again. :wink:

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: Quiescence]
    #4262294 - 06/05/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya ok I was getting messed up because I figured "Post Casing/Pre Pinning" meant to start pins... but if I took a second to think about it, it means before pins. haha anyways I think I got it covered now.. sorry for the stupidity :wink:

Oh and on teh topic of humidification.. could you point me in the direction of some humidification teks.. seems like the FAQ and Info on the site only really covers perlite humification teks. Or is perlite just the way to go. I was hoping to go along the lines of something more automated like an airpump in water covered by rocks, but without heat in that water will it provide enough moisture in the air to sustain such humidity levels?

--------------------
-weird

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4262357 - 06/06/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm .. humidity tek. Most of what I know is from reading posts.. lots and lots and lots. Just seeing what people said was best and then trying it. I like to combine.

So I have perlite with water.. and an aquarium pump.. and a coolmist.. plus I manually mist. But when I do something.. I REALLY do it. Mushrooms are 90% water.. so the way I see it.. adding more water in any way is a good thing. Just do it slowly but steadily. Don't dump a bucket of water on them or something.

I like the coolmist because it increases air exchange and keeps RH up. The aquarium pump adds more fresh air.. plus since it is in the water it keeps RH up as well. It also helps to circulate the water and help prevent some stuff from growing in it (along with h202). The perlite is good because it helps wisk water into the air. But it is a bit messy.. I would like to get geolite.. but I can't find it.

Also, invest in a good misting device. You want as fine a mist as possible. If they drops you spray are too heavy it weighs down and compacts your casing.. which is a bad thing. Keep it nice and airy and fine.

I also have holes drilled all around my chamber with polyfil stuffed in them.. for even more air exchange. (I like air exchange)

Okay.. so that was a long-winded answer. Hope it helps some. Just try reading posts.. or anything that you can find.

Good luck
~Quiescence~

--------------------

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: Quiescence]
    #4263059 - 06/06/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just put 2" of hydroton (perlite also works) with a 1/2" of water at the bottom of the fruiting chamber and this seems to keep the humidity optimal for fruiting and pinning. I don't know what TEK you will be using but that is what works for me and I have had NO problems with RH.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Perfect Numbers for each growth stage [Re: Demotriton]
    #4263850 - 06/06/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

where can we find those mistymate sprayers?

these sprayers are awesome because they make the finest of mist and it seems like that would be good to avoid big drops spilling from the shitty sprayers. i don't want to buy one on ebay, i'd much rather find one in town - maybe target, walmart, etc?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract