Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
2012 and the unfolding of human history
    #4261230 - 06/05/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

See I want to represent here, because this is a big part of the reason why i am inclined to not outlaw the possibility that human history may be in for a big change soon...here...is
that ..um, well you look at the way the world history went and it's really quite fascinating, quite like a story. and i believe storys are related to dreams and dreams are related to the basic nature of reality. that loops back around on itself and then you are forced to accept that there is something eery about our reality.
so humanity starts in Africa..moves up into Europe and East Asia. early is really challenged to survive the colder climate in Europe and goes into a rapid evolution of technology and culture...everything blossoms and comes into fruition quickly...eventually the Europeans begin exploring. "discovering" Africa.."discovering" the far east. Finally technology is at the point where some Italians with balls are able to cross the Atlantic, they find THe NEw World. A third of the planet. totally cutoff from the rest of the world for thousands of years. it's amazing. and what really amazes me is just the geographical symettry of North and South America to Europe and AFrica, and we know that's due to the previous supercontinent and plate tectonics but, if you think of it in terms of a story, it's perfect, and it's like a storybook I believe. Anyway. As it continues it just gets more and more interesting, particularly the influence of Europe on the history of the world. the most advanced culture in the world moves almost linearly across the atlantic, up the west coast of europe and across the atlantic.
Egypt.
Iraq (mesopotamia)
Greece.
Rome.
Germany brings Rome down.
spain. (15th century)
holland.
English Naval Power...French Empire
yes And the British Empire of course spawned a whole load of countries,
the biggest: America.
Two more massive attacks by Germany on the rest of Europe lead to
American World Supremacy.
now we're up to present. the furthest west you can go...same latitude as Europe. same size as Europe. the most egalitarian society ever attempted under slavery and capitalism
civil war to outlaw racial slavery
and now look where we're at...
trying to overthrow covert undercover slavery of everyperson by the capitalist machine who's system has taken over the world. i feel like this is the final challenge, to stop the golden child of all the world's nations from turning to the dark side. and if the US can come back to become a leader of progressive policy and environmental preservation, it can help the rest of the world to do the same, but right now we're about as far down the hole as it's gonna get, i hope. maybe this is an Americ0centric rant but very much like a story, a dream..to me it is eery. also think, at war with iraq....the christian fundie's last stand against the ancient evil of babylon.....jesus vs. mohammed while the rest of the world thinks we're both jackasses. ...

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: 2012 and the unfolding of human history [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4261263 - 06/05/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think right now, the rest of the world (developed world at least) can help US more than US can help them. I think there is much more to learn from Scandinavian people (Gomp will lead a viking movement of peace and enlightenment soon, I'm getting information from my third ass, or is it eye..nevermind) than there is from US.

US has this huge potential that is just sitting there. So much energy, so many people, such media power, it's all getting wasted and going in circles.

History is repeating itself over and over again. In the days of the Jesus, there were those phariseys, and Jesus acused them of holding the truth from people, and being corrupted, while they had the power to lead the masses. Seems to me US has turn into phariseys of the modern age.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Re: 2012 and the unfolding of human history [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4261291 - 06/05/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i don't think the US, the people or the government, is holding truth from anyone. i think a lot of americans aren't tuned in to the truth, but i think more are becoming tuned in every day. i at least hope so.
i think america is just about using the bounty of North America to live free and comfortably....in the beginning it was bigger than anyone had imagined....and people didn't need to compete against each other, only against their own ability to survive......but now it's become overpopulated and greedy greedy greedy and the bounty of NOrth America nay even of the whole world is no longer sufficient to satiate the thirst of the out of control capitalist machine that it tied up in different ways in every corner of the whole world.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4261314 - 06/05/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well nobody is turning back on USA, we are all waiting to see some enlightenment shine from there, and in the meantime, EU and Japan seem to be a new hope for the humanity

--------------------

Re: 2012 and the unfolding of human history [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4261372 - 06/05/05 10:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well i agree with that i suppose. i mean, we haven't seen any brutal wars from European nations or Japan for over 50 years. that seemed to be a spasm you guys really had to let go of in one last big jolt and you've been chilll ever since. you've been stable but i don't think that's the main plotline anymore, but it's a very tangled web the relationship between all the parts of the world and who knows where it will start to become untangled but it's gotta come through the US at some point i believe.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4261439 - 06/05/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Don't include me in it, my country used to be on the fashist side, and there are still folks around here who fancy such worldview just like there are neonazis in Germany

I'm talking about countreys like Switzerland, Norway, Sweeden, Finland etc. There is a lot a world can learn from those people.
Like culture, pacifism, tolerance etc.

From Japan the world can learn the values of dedication, honor, duty etc. Allthough In my opinion they are overdoing it a bit with all of that

All that combined with american cherfull creative and free spirit, and the world would be a much better place.

What is really dangerous about US is all that crap about duty to go to war, about taking care of family with a shotgun and screwing everyone else, about death penalty, and all that dated stuff. In some things america is advanced, but in others it is a 100 years behind some european countreys

I'm not going to talk about consumerism, wild capitalism, commercialization of human beings and everything in their life. because those are problems in both Europe and US equally, perhapse even more in some parts of europe

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4261695 - 06/05/05 11:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The only signifigance of 2012 is that it follows 2011.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology