Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerungi
journeymana

conocybe cyanopus
    #423225 - 10/12/01 01:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi i found a number of Conocybe cyanopus yesterday in WA was wondering if anybody had experimented with these, and how potent they are? Or if they have been bioassayed by any mycologist beyond that they contain psilocybin. Also, does anyone know if they have been cultivated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: rungi]
    #423252 - 10/12/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Wow!! Awesome find, any way you could try and get some pics?? I'd love to see pics of this species, only a few out there, some new ones would be great! Please try and take spore prints, I would love a conocybe print :)

They are suppose to be highly potent, reports of .93% psilocybin, but little psilocin, still potent though. First I'd make abesolutly sure you do indeed have an active conocybe, then I'd start small, like 1 dried gram, should be enough to get a good feel for their potency.

Try and get pics, hell if you have to, buy a disposable camera and go back out and find more tommarow :)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Lizard King]
    #423412 - 10/12/01 04:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I believe John Allen mentioned that even he has only collected this species a few times in the last 20 years.
Man, it had to be a really great feeling to have found this species! Isn't this the notorious "Bog Conocybe" according to Lincoff and Knopf, in the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms? Awesome scouting there, bro!
Isn't it strange how the Audobon book's picture of Conocybe cyanopus tends to exaggerate the actual size of the fruiting body, in comparison to Paul Stamets' picture in PMOTW?
You know how the Audobon's pic appears to be a short stem with a stubby, droopy cap, somewhat like the other conocybes such as the dunce caps? And notice Paul's pic. Doesn't it look more like a mycena? Notice the posture and symmetry in C. cyanopus as well as C. Smithii. They are almost identical, macroscopically, to C. filaris disregarding the darker-colored cap and veil.
Ok, what I'm saying is that between the two guides, we've got a mushroom that sways from looking like C. tenera to C. filaris. In any single guide, I've yet to see those two conocybes looking anything alike. Maybe it's just me.
Hell, I guess they are all Conocybes anyway. This is something that has kinda bothered me, ever since I first read my PMOTW guide!
OK, what I'm getting to is that I may pass this mushroom up sometime and not even know it, considering the inconsistency in pictured info! You know these are the only two pics of C. cyanopus that I, as well as most other interested peoples, have seen!
So.............do everyone a favor and take some pics of this mushroom! Please?
Also, the bluing............What was the rate? Immediate? 10 minutes? Where it was pinched? Or did the bluing start from the point of breakage from the mycelium, then slowly blued up the stem? I need info! I'm an info Junkie, man!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

I edited this post to add this: I acknowledge the fact that I did not answer your questions in any way. My bad! I guess I just had too many questions of my own, here!
Rungi, I think you're the first person, since I've been here, to profess having found Psilocybin-containing Conocybes!
That's just awesome!

Edited by Levi7 on 10/12/01 05:14 PM.

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Levi7]
    #423602 - 10/12/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

calm down, i have no camera, can't afford one. The difference in the drooping appearance may be because of the environment namely that the hand drawn pictures in plants of the gods are most likely from mexico.or the south of. area. The ones found yesterday are the same species asthe picture published in Stamets book. The bruishing was immediated and only on the base of the stalk. It blued no where else. I am hesitant to eat them because of the lack of gunnie pigs reports. They are very tiny, smaller than stunzii. I made one spore print. They were found between olympia an Tacoma. go get your camera and start walking through all the newly constructed residential neigborhoods. Its just a mushroom. I am trippin now whats it to me

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #423779 - 10/12/01 05:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Nice find! You don't mention what "number" of these you found but you'd probably need at least 60 specimens to notice much effect. I once (only once) found around 20 blue-foot Conocybes in moss along a stream bank--ate 'em all & an hour or so later felt a "little something": kind of a light, floaty, transient euphoria, with slight visual sharpening. Threshold dose, like 3 or 4 liberty caps.

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Woodsman]
    #424739 - 10/14/01 12:39 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

collected six, left three more disovered. Do you know where the dump is? Exit meridan road by the dump. Go west, first right, than next, right. Park, get on a bike and ride down the sidewalks stunzii, gauranteed. The Concybe cyanopus, although only in one location, were found in the grass. Look for little orange yellow circles they are bright against green.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #424954 - 10/14/01 09:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm........
Rungi, the stranger, says,"Calm down.". Why?
If you were really into hunting, you'd be damn proud of finding Conocybe cyanopus! It is very rare and every single member in this forum would be happier than shit to find it for themselves.
It's not just about getting "high", rungi, it's also about the study.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Edited by Levi7 (10/14/01 09:42 AM)

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #425011 - 10/14/01 10:51 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I don't beleive they have been cultivated to mature fruit body but I could give it a try ;). I have some notes regarding mycelium cultivation by Gartz with some sclerotia formation on agar.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisiblemikeofyle
desciple
Loc: WA state
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Lizard King]
    #425402 - 10/14/01 05:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

here's a couple of blueing Conocybes i found today. i'm hesitant to name the sp. they were in a clearcut on the top of a hill. it's hard to say what they were growing on, there was grass, moss and wood debris all together. the bruising wasn't apparent for 30 minutes or so. i may have seen it sooner if the base of the stems hadn't broken off when i plucked them. the blueing doesn't show up very well in these pics but here they are...

this one shows how tiny they are...

in the hour or so between picking and scanning these they dried out a lot but when fresh they looked very much like the smithii/cyanopus pics in PMOTW.

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Workman]
    #425412 - 10/14/01 05:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

levi 7 i got some pictures with a disposable camera, people do funny things when they get excited or need to make money for example pull out a blue majic marker. and you know i kind of agree. About the picture you are refering to called conocybe canopus by stamets. But i am not a professsional mycologist. And don't really no where the origins of Conocybe cyanopus into mushrooms books originates in the northwest. Who reports it first. Do you know? The pictures i took appear the same as the mushroom in that stamets book. Notice the middle mushroom in Stamets book it seems too blue. But i don't really know.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #426104 - 10/15/01 07:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"Who reports it first?"
Are you asking which guide came out first? Well, the Audubon book has been out for a long time(1981). Stamets' book came out in '96. I'm not sure if the first printing of the Audubon book had Conocybe cyanopus in it.
(Atkins) Kuhner are credited with the discovery of this species and Paul's book shows refence as early as 1982. Conocybe Smithii(Watling) shows reference as early as 1977.
I'm not saying that either of the guides' pictures are incorrect. I'm noticing that this mushroom could vary in appearance and that I may have overlooked it before.
As for us mushroom hunters, we now have your pics as well as the guides' pics. Thanks, rungi!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

InvisibleSouthernGulfStyle
FreeDriftinSpirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: texas,usa Flag
    #12606583 - 05/21/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

oh yes my good man ahhahaha

--------------------

Awebig Faggot said " Nice fucking question, shivers blood.
Seriously, go." ahahah A prime example of getting mad through a computer

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: SouthernGulfStyle]
    #12606600 - 05/21/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You're talking to a member who hasn't been seen here in over seven years...:rolleyes:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #12606605 - 05/21/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:laugh2:

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #12606647 - 05/21/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, did you get my pm or what?

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12606656 - 05/21/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

InvisibleSouthernGulfStyle
FreeDriftinSpirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: texas,usa Flag
    #12606676 - 05/21/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

levi just sent me a private message though guys

--------------------

Awebig Faggot said " Nice fucking question, shivers blood.
Seriously, go." ahahah A prime example of getting mad through a computer

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#12606715 - 05/21/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Fucker owes me a print man.  It ain't funny.

--------------------

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #12606826 - 05/21/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

There's some mixed up info in this thread anyway.  C.smithii is the "Bog Conocybe".  Grows in spring, in wetter "bog" areas.  C.cyanopus typically grows in the fall in the grass.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: conocybe cyanopus [Re: ShockValue]
    #12606842 - 05/21/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh for sure.  After all the thread is 7 years old.  The Shroomery then isn't the Shroomery now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck