Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think?
    #4260248 - 06/05/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The Nazca Lines are an puzzle. No one knows who had built them or why. The Nazca Lines are located in the Pampa region of Peru, approximately 450 km2 of sandy desert as well as the slopes of the contours of the Andes.
The Nazca plain is virtually unique for its ability to preserve the markings upon it due to the combination of the climate (one of the driest on Earth, with only twenty minutes of rainfall per year) and the flat, stony ground which minimizes the effect of the wind at ground level. With no dust or sand to cover the plain, and little rain or wind to erode it, lines drawn here tend to stay drawn. These factors, combined with the existence of a lighter-coloured subsoil beneath the desert crust, provide a vast writing pad that is ideally suited to the artist who wants to leave his mark for eternity.

The pebbles which cover the surface of the desert contain ferrous oxide. The exposure of centuries has given them a dark patina. When the gravel is removed, they contrast with the color underneath. In this way the lines were drawn as furrows of a lighter color, even though in some cases they became prints. In other cases, the stones defining the lines and drawings form small lateral humps of different sizes. Some drawings, especially the early ones, were made by removing the stones and gravel from their contours and in this way the figures stood out in high relief.

There appear to be two kinds of designs: the first are figures of various beings and things and the others form geometric lines.
What I think is most intrigueing is that these petroglyhs can't be seen and appreciated except from the air. What were the people trying to communicate with these sybols? Were they trying to communicate with thier gods? Aliens? Were the symbols some sort of calendar?

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #4260272 - 06/05/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My question is how did they make such precise and elaborate designs from the ground that can only be clearly seen from the sky.. with their so called primitive technology :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4260308 - 06/05/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How did they build the pyramids? I think it'd be easier for a civilization to plan out and create some long dirt drawings seen from the sky rather than the massive pyramids created from hundreds of thousands of tons of stone.

Yet I don't think either required anything more than human intelligence.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: Ravus]
    #4260332 - 06/05/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The pyramids were built in three days with lasers and telekinesis according to the cosmic alignments, duh everyone knows that :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4260498 - 06/05/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The pyramids were built in three days with lasers and telekinesis according to the cosmic alignments, duh everyone knows that :tongue:

:sun:

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #4260730 - 06/05/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Peru is an amazing place from all that I have read and seen in photographs.

It's one of the main places I want to travel to someday.. :smile:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: Adamist]
    #4260770 - 06/05/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually even though I don't think they did it this way me and some friends did figure out a plausible way they could have built the pyramids. I can't explain the elebarate maze of tunnels inside and the alignment to the cosmos though I think I have an idea :wink:

if they piled up the sand after completing each level they would never have to actually lift one of the huge blocks, just drag it. Then they could remove all the sand at the end.. it's still an insane amount of dedication but thats the only plausible way I can think of them doing it based on the common belief of the Egyption technology.

I really would love to travel to Peru also

Edited by faslimy (06/05/05 05:50 PM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4260795 - 06/05/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

GG did it.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4260859 - 06/05/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

Yes, and they also had help from their super-computers built of wood and stone...

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4261079 - 06/05/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

we humans have always been in contact with aliens since we in fact are not indigenous of this planet

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: goobler]
    #4269630 - 06/07/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ancient Attempts to Communicate with Aliens? What do you think? [Re: goobler]
    #4269642 - 06/07/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What problems does that solve?

There's no evidence of it, and it doesn't even help the problem of the origins of life, because we'd still need to argue how life evolved on another planet instead of earth. Based on the available evidence combined with Occam's razor, I don't think exogenesis is a very realistic theory.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder