Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
LSD "Flashbacks"
    #4259550 - 06/05/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What's everybody's opinion on this topic, and what are your experiences with "acid flashbacks?" The reason I put the term into skeptical quotation marks is because I don't know what I think about the whole thing. I've done acid many times and have definitely had experiences that briefly, and I mean BRIEFLY felt like some sort of return to the state of tripping...but it's usually just visual. City streets in rain/snow always look like they're moving to me if I stare at them too long. Bathroom tiles too. Sometimes if I smoke in a place where I tripped I get a weird deja vu feeling..

But I've never had a full-on "flashback" and I'm dubious as to whether or not that can happen.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4259553 - 06/05/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm with you, I definitly noticed changes since my first trip but I've never had anything I would consider a flash back.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4259554 - 06/05/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

any experience stored in your brain can reoccur

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: goobler]
    #4259560 - 06/05/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That's a nice general statement, but I'm looking for personal experiences people have had that I can draw on in coming to a conclusion on how I feel about "acid flashbacks" - because I've read people's reports on all of a sudden having a full-on tripping experience for a short time. And I hate thinking people are lying about drug experiences (they're so hard to communicate, it's hard not to be skeptical sometimes), but I can't help it when it comes to flashbacks.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4259563 - 06/05/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This might be considered somewhat disgusting, but my friends mother said she did so much lsd when she was younger that every time she takes a shit she "re-trips" a little bit. Don't know if it's true but that's just what she's told me.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineAaradin
Spacetime Anomaly
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #4259572 - 06/05/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4259573 - 06/05/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Every time I'm sitting on a toilet, if I stare long enough and unfocus my eyes on bathroom tiles, they always shift and bleed into one another. But it sort of flickers back and forth between being a reality and being all in my imagination, things will just zap solid and then get loose again. It's weird.

The one thing acid has given me is little fluttery tiny tiny ribbons that fly across my eyes sometimes. No joke. Sometimes if I've smoked a lot and I'm laughing really hard I get these tiny twisty ribbons of rainbow light that stay on the periphery of my vision. They'e miniscule, and very cool.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: Aaradin]
    #4259578 - 06/05/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know, your post is why I made this post. :wink:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4259597 - 06/05/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
The one thing acid has given me is little fluttery tiny tiny ribbons that fly across my eyes sometimes. No joke. Sometimes if I've smoked a lot and I'm laughing really hard I get these tiny twisty ribbons of rainbow light that stay on the periphery of my vision. They'e miniscule, and very cool.

there is some explanation for those ribbons, but i don't remember it. but i have them a LOT as well - i think having tripped just makes you more aware of them, but that they always exist...

as for 'flashbacks', well i've had little brief visual things, but i think that's just my mind farting a bit... i had quite a serious DXM flashback a day after a VERY strong dose, took a hit from a bowl and fell right back into the hole i was in the night before, but then came out after a few minutes...

--------------------

OfflineAaradin
Spacetime Anomaly
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #4259602 - 06/05/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Honestly, I think I may have HPPD. I fit the bill for a handfull of the symptoms. I know it can be hard to believe if you havn't experience it yourself, but there is no reason for me to lie lol. I'm not trying to look cool infront of a bunch of people on the internet.

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4259604 - 06/05/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My only expierence with a "re-fry" was once, i was in the car i popped my neck and got some slight visuals, a bit of that disorientedness, and a buzzy feeling in my stomach but that only lasted maybe 30 seconds max, not much... could have been a number of other things too... the body is weird that way

oh and ...

I stare ate the ceiling a lot if i'm tripping inside, so sometimes when I'm sitting in my basement (which has a very low ceiling) it starts moving and getting that spiderwebby look, but that's about it for me, occasionally with outdoor setting too... not much

this is a very noncoherent post with many made up words, my appologies if it makes no sense to any of you.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: Krishna]
    #4259608 - 06/05/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That's what I always thought about the ribbons, krishna! It seemed like soemthing I would only be aware of if I stared at the sun, had I not done LSD. Cause they also show up when I look at the sun, but that happens to people I know who have never done LSD.

But sometimes I take a bonghit and they just start a-flutterin'.

That's kind of a flashback...it's about 7 hours after waking up after a candyflip, and right after smoking a LOT. I was fucked up ALL over again, I could feel both the LSD and the ecstasy in me.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4259610 - 06/05/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I used to get the spiderweb thing at my girlfriend's old apartment after we tripped and stared at her wall for a bit.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4259625 - 06/05/05 11:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think the flashback thing stems from people having anxiety attacks sometime after dosing in the reflective stage (weeks or more for some) and remembering what tryptamines felt like and associating the two together.

--------------------

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: Organic]
    #4259628 - 06/05/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I remember my old roommate's dad telling me a story about driving down the highway years after the last time he'd done LSD and having a full on flashback, colors, hallucinations, everything, the whole drive home. Said the lampposts were leaning down towards the car with faces on them. I couldn't and still can't believe it.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: Organic]
    #4259636 - 06/05/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah their really just panic attacks. Since they sometimes seem to come out of nowhere people just figure them to be flashbacks.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #4259637 - 06/05/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had about a week in my life about a year ago that could be considered a big flashback, or pretty bad HPPD.  It wasn't like a full blown trip, but the mindset was headed in that direction.  I had slight visual hallucinations the whole time (like on 1 hit of lsd or a shit ton of cannabis), and mental thought processes of about similar intensity.

But it was more scary than enjoyable because I was sober the whole time and it worried me I guess.  I had the hardest time doing the simplest things heh.

Now I just chalk it up to spiritual growing pains :smile:

Male

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4259638 - 06/05/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The same roommate had an uncle who was cool as fuck and loved to share drug stories. He had a two day mescaline trip out west and was back on the third day in class in Massachussets, senior year of high school. he still felt weird all day and in one of his early classes he said a huge blue hand came down through the ceiling of the classroom holding out a glowing orb to him, and no matter how much he blinked or closed his eyes, it wouldn't go away. That I tended to believe a lot more...but I've never tried mescaline.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4260043 - 06/05/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would hate to call this an LSD flashback, as I was doing other psychedelics as well (mesc, shrooms) and a disassociative (dxm) within the last month of the experience.

I went to this girl's apartment after class with a buddy of mine, smoked some alright dank, and by the time we got out it was dark out. I have been a LOT more stoned than this before.

So we're walking up an incline and the sidewalk square I'm standing on is suddenly the only thing that's not moving. The rest ahead of me is thrashing left and right, and a car passes on the street. It leaves a trail of light and my body has the feeling of falling. This all lasts ~5 seconds. I turn to my friend and I asked him "Am I tripping?" and he replies, "Am I?". I realized that I didn't flip my lid and we ended up walking around stoned for awhile, but I was puzzled the whole time.

Maybe just a very heady high, but an odd experience nonetheless.

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: LSD "Flashbacks" [Re: Adden]
    #4260072 - 06/05/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hm i was just thinking about this sort of thing. last weekened i took a lot of e and probably 8 doses as well... it's been a week since then and my other friends also feel pretty spaced out

anyways, i don't really know if i consider it to be a "flashback" but when i get really stoned, my vision gets all "pixelated" ... i literally can just stare off into nothing and i will see mildly distinct shapes, and molecules/particles floating all over the air

i think i just need a little more time to recover from the last episode, but regularly when i get high i get mild OEV's ...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder