Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleboeha
explorer

ego-loss conditions ?
    #4258962 - 06/05/05 07:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm planning on tripping in a couple of months, but I have some questions:
I'd like the trip to be very calm, peaceful and soothing. (possibly with loss of ego :wink: )

Now, usually, I use the first half of the movie Baraka to obtain Ego-loss; but I really hate that the second part of the movie is such a downer... (thunder-sad music-... )

So here's my question: What's the most suitable music and setting to have a very peaceful, dreamy trip? (and please, use names and titles of music :smile: )

I was thinking something along the line of buddhist chanting or flute-bells or something.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Edited by boeha (06/05/05 07:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: boeha]
    #4258980 - 06/05/05 07:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

different types of music suit different people. i've had very peaceful trips listening to melodic death metal, but many people wouldn't like that. just listen to whatever you like listening to.

as for setting; outdoors is always great as long as the weather is good and you can find a quiet place. otherwise, somewhere familiar with a bed or lots of cushions to lie down on.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: alsey]
    #4259098 - 06/05/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
different types of music suit different people. i've had very peaceful trips listening to melodic death metal, but many people wouldn't like that. just listen to whatever you like listening to.

as for setting; outdoors is always great as long as the weather is good and you can find a quiet place. otherwise, somewhere familiar with a bed or lots of cushions to lie down on.

I was thinking of the beach; but I need some music too (there's a road nearby the beach...  :mad2:  :mad2: :mad2: )

--------------------

Edited by boeha (06/05/05 08:12 AM)

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
    #4259157 - 06/05/05 08:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Outside in nature while listening to The Moody Blues...either the album Days of Future Passed, or In Search of the Lost Chord. You will not be disappointed.

OfflineMicromegas
wackyteacher

#4259297 - 06/05/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey... once, I had Buddhist chants and bells playing... they were beautiful and soothing, as I let go of my body... but soon I realised this was because they were guiding me toward my death... I was dying, and i couldn't stop it... whatever the music, whatever the place, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. What music moves you, what reveals the essential quality of the universe to YOU... that's what I'd choose, and be prepared if you're planning to go deep. Play whatever music makes you feel that life is wonderful...

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Micromegas]
    #4259416 - 06/05/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Only go for the chanting if you are looking to really trip out.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4259692 - 06/05/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"Ego-loss, could be when you have no Ego, but the One you are!"
-Unknown :P

chanting.. yeah, go foreign language..
listen to music, not words? :wink:

(words in a language you do not know, are plain music still?)

:wink:

I "prefer" Spanish music at 'rest', not so though provoking, but just a soothing.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Gomp]
    #4261626 - 06/05/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

personally pink floyd has taken me places like none other. digeredoo music, buddhist chanting, its hard to say really. certain people feel diffrently about certain songs.some songs that seem to blow me away are usually songs ive never heard before. shit boggles my mind

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Damn]
    #4262670 - 06/06/05 05:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, but in one of Timothy Leary's works there is a suggestion that music with some basic instruments (flutes-bells-drums ... ) can induce ego-death without fear.

I find Pink Floyd to be a little dramatic though...

I think I'll just try and find some meditation music, that usually lets me focus on controlling my breath. (for me: the key to ego-loss)

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4262688 - 06/06/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

easiest way to achieve ego loss IMO: big dose, darkness, silence.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: alsey]
    #4262698 - 06/06/05 06:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
easiest way to achieve ego loss IMO: big dose, darkness, silence.

Well; silence here is nowhere to be found!
Cars, airplanes, people ... (even at night)

Horrible for tripping, that's why I always need nice music.
I can't even find a nice place in nature, anywhere...
Even if there is a park, there usually are roads through it, so cars can disturb the natural peace.

This society is such a bliss...  :sad:

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4262713 - 06/06/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

as someone who knows this paradigm well.
may i suggest dosage in excess of one ounce dried.
powdered and consumed quickly.

also, i think having a very good view of your surrounding helps. if you can see for miles and see whole landscapes, it is easier for your mind to see the "big picture" and lose yourself in it.

personally ive SEEN myself in it, and that self broke apart into a spiralling stretched mess of balanced fractal flesh. eye teeth gras and the hills, wearing sneakers, trees stained blue with the sky filled with floating islands of turf, bound n a mesh of dodecahedral verticied hairy human arms.

basically what im saying, is there is a threshold to cross.
and its intense. if youre actually looking for it, dosage will help
20 grams would be a good start. its enough and not too much to eat.

im sorry. i think it's funny. its easy to get there really.
but its scary. the ride up is scary.
the duration is nothing shy of twited terror.
and upon re-entry you spend weeks trying to make sence of the world you've lived in all this time. you might get stuck in the undeniable truth that it's all a big illusion.
the razor sharp slice of realization severing all your miconceptions in a hot white rush of cold purity.
and it surprising. because the ailean aspect you expect is no more present than normality.
evrything is familliar. like (as they say) the back of your hand.
looking at a house you see it and behind it and in it similtaneously. the house exists in your mind. and vice-versa. your mind is your power, your power your mind. you have dominion over this terrifying dream.
and when you wake you find yourself shining like a golden sun upon a great sea of chaos. sprawling and naked, screaming for something to touch you something to fill you.
omething to put you back together.
babies feel this way at birth. they don't know air yet.

and from birth onward you depend on the thing you take for granted, to give you focus, point of reference, phsical boundries, nourishment, love.

it is love that will bring you back

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4262723 - 06/06/05 06:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
as someone who knows this paradigm well.
powdered and consumed quickly.

also, i think having a very good view of your surrounding helps. if you can see for miles and see whole landscapes, it is easier for your mind to see the "big picture" and lose yourself in it. 

personally ive SEEN myself in it, and that self broke apart into a spiralling stretched mess of balanced fractal flesh. eye teeth gras and the hills, wearing sneakers, trees stained blue with the sky filled with floating islands of turf, bound n a mesh of dodecahedral verticied hairy human arms.

basically what im saying, is there is a threshold to cross.
and its intense. if youre actually looking for it, dosage will help
20 grams would be a good start. its enough and not too much to eat.

im sorry. i think it's funny. its easy to get there really.
but its scary. the ride up is scary.
the duration is nothing shy of twited terror.
and upon re-entry you spend weeks trying to make sence of the world you've lived in all this time.  you might get stuck in the undeniable truth that it's all a big illusion.
the razor sharp slice of realization severing all your miconceptions in a hot white rush of cold purity.
and it surprising. because the ailean aspect you expect is no more present than normality.
evrything is familliar. like (as they say) the back of your hand.
looking at a house you see it and behind it and in it similtaneously.  the house exists in your mind. and vice-versa. your mind is your power, your power your mind. you have dominion over this terrifying dream.
and when you wake you find yourself shining like a golden sun upon a great sea of chaos.  sprawling and naked, screaming for something to touch you something to fill you.
omething to put you back together.
babies feel this way at birth. they don't know air yet.

and from birth onward you depend on the thing you take for granted, to give you focus, point of reference, phsical boundries, nourishment, love.

it is love that will bring you back

Do you think a previous bad trip could stand ego-loss in the way?

['m pretty sure it won't; it was a very bad trip; but I understand now that my set and setting was all wrong.
I was losing myself; but my ego was somehow fighting evil thoughts-> bad move right? :wink:
So if I'm truly happy now (which I am) and choose another setting, I should be allright, no? ]

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4262815 - 06/06/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you want help with the evil eh?
well, evil is subjective, if you follow.
the nature of evil is threat, not to our life, but to ourselves. theres the crux.  we don't ee ourselves as our life. we are all about point of view, hence ego.
evil therefore is a conflict with the ego.
the idea of ultimate evil, the corruption of soul spirit, etc.  to actually change the nature of man, the devil.

when your ego is being lost, youre going to experience what spiritualists would describe as visions of the demonic.

patterns flood with meaning. and that meaning seeks to give you knowlage of your own finality.  you feel it as evil. BUT WHO IS TO SAY?

if you were god, as in if evryone i god, split apart by the nature of ego, to define himself, to nourish and fulfll himself with order and reason, to forget infinity in a dream of finate expectations. wouldn't it stand to reason that the very part of gods will that seeks truth of self is the devil.  the nature that cares not for the individual of the divided masses, for he is in and of evry one of them as god is.  well, the devil would think he is doing the right thing to wake the dreamer and bring the world together into perfect beauty within himself.  but then, what could be more hellish?  sprawling formess timeless chaos.

from a non religous standpoint, THIS was my learning from ego-loss.
i was IN that sea of chaos, i crawled from the devils lake and struck up a truce.  it did not cost me my soul or semblance therof, i merely took upon myself to know and to exist in spite.  and i live my life now, seeing evry inch as one. i have love of the world i suppose love is gods gift to us, and wisdom is the devils magic.
theres balance.  sometimes you have to rock the scales a bit to see that.  they say rock is the devils music :wink:

i will tell you what the devil told me.

if you fall asleep here you will wake up here. that is a promise.
you should think freely, you can have whatever you want, evrything is yours anyway, but thats how it is.  no, it won't make you happy. but thats the way you are.
drink from the cup if you thurst in this place, it will not become empty and you will always thurst. until you forget what it is. and you are home again. it is a name, that name is always said, and is never questioned.

anyway.  the idea is that the idea of ego-loss is a baptism of flame.  good luck. i cant just tell you evrything, it wont make sense.  like lord of the flies, are we really here to dicuss the existance of monsters?  you cant have intence emotional breakthrough withought the most primal and basic emotion being hit the hardest. fear.  the specific fear that makes you fear to indulge, to delve deep, to go into the dark. the fear of seeing that you are somehow other than you beleive.

heh well, how about this when youre tripping listen to 'terrapin station" by the grateful dead.

let my inspiration flow in token rhyme suggesting rhythm
that will not forsake me untill my tale is told and done.
while the fire light aglow strange shadows in the flames will grow.
till things we've never seen, seem familliar.
shadows of the sailor forming, wind both foul and fair all swarm
down in carlilse he loved a lady, many years ago.
here beside him stands a man, a soldier, from the looks of him
came through many fights, but lost at love.
while the story teller speaks, a door within the fire creeps
suddenly flies open, and a girl is standing there.
eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints a s fair
she takes her fan and throws it, in the lions den
which of you? to gain me, tell, would risk uncertain pains of hell?
i will not forgive you if you will not take the chance.
the sailor gave at least a try, the soldier, being much too wise
strategy was his stregnth, and not disaster.
sailor comming out again, the lady fairly lept at him
thats how it stands today, you decide if he was wise
the storyteller makes no choice, soon you will not hear hi voice
his job is to shed light not to master.

since the end is never told we pay the teller often gold in hopes he will ome back when he can not be bought or sold.

Inspiration, burn me brightly.
shine the song with sence and color, hold away dipair.
more than this i will not ask
faced with mysteries dark and vast
statements just seem vain at last.
some rise, some fall, some climb
to get to terrapin

counting stars by candlelight.
all are dim but one is bright.
the spiral light of venus, rising first and hining best
from the northwest corner
of a brand new crecent moon
crickets and cicadas sing a rare and different tune
tarrapin station
in the shadow of the moon terrapin station
and i know we'll be there soon
terrapin, i cant figure out
terrapin, if its the end or beggining
terrapin but the trains put its break on
terrapin and the whistle is screaming
tarrapin

while you were gone. these faces filled with darkness
the obvious was hidden with nothing to beleive in
the compass always points to terrapin
sullen winds of fortune beat like rain
youre back in terrapin for good or ill again

for good OR ill again.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4263046 - 06/06/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

20 grams is a little much. I have obtained the state of ego loss on much less. I don't think this guy wants to go all the way. Mitchnast is describing ego death, to me. Ego loss is much easier to reach and not as earth shattering. And if you have someone who is sober with you, do not eat too many mushrooms. Your friend would definitely become very frightened if you were to eat 20 grams, combine with that your not very experienced and all hell could break loose. Be careful, I suggest a lower dose, especially if you just want to chill out in nature. Just remember you will have to bring whatever you want to with you, and don't forget to just experience when in it, even if it seems to not agree with you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4267615 - 06/07/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

an ounce dried? the rest of your posts are very meaningful and wise, but that suggestion is absurd IMO.

the only thing an eating an ounce dried will get you closer to is ACTUAL death.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Edited by kake (06/07/05 12:17 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: kake]
    #4267686 - 06/07/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Huh? I would never advise and ounce dried.

--------------------

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: kake]
    #4267834 - 06/07/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sorry mecreateme, I meant to reply to Mitchnast.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4268551 - 06/07/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

No. You may absolutely NOT suggest he should take 150-300mg of Psilocybin.

With that out of the way :evil:
Egoloss is a stage of Ego Death and Ego Death is the most brutal, violent, shocking thing you'll likely ever face.

It is also one of the most profound spiritual, cleansing experiences that can be had if one surrenders fully to it.
If you resist it it can fuck you up like a war vet, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the whole package.

If you want a peaceful experience I must go with Stanislav Grof, LSD Therapist, and insist that you do not take more than 100mcg LSD (one good blotter), 20mg of psilocybin (one-eighth of average Cubies or a maximum of 1.5gr really strong ones) or 300mg of Mescaline (generally one capsule)

At or above this level you can expect to be visited by Ego Death phenomena, which usually show up at 1/4 oz of cubies (or 200+mcg LSD) if you fully let go.

Alexander Shulgin does not go there. Why should you?

If you have average-strength Cubies then don't dose over 1/8 oz dried and even then there are no guarantees. There is no safety in numbers, when your time has come it WILL come and you'd better surrender yourself to whatever comes.

For a dreamy trip, get an opium-den like thing going in your bedroom: one candle for a bare minimum of indirect light, incense in the air, lying in your bed or sitting up with a ton of pillows and a maximum of 1/16 oz of good quality dried cubies. Music should be very, very soft (your ears will go towards hearing it so make it subliminal) and I particularly recommend African Kora-music, slow classical Indian music or Japanese Zen music of one beat-per-minute :smirk:

Preferably no music with texts you can understand or contemporary stuff.

If the trip goes deep: GO DEEP. Fighting it fucks the trip up and worse yet it can fuck YOU up.

If you want a peaceful trip then under no circumstance take one ounce dried. On second thought don't take that much EVER.
Most people lose most of their memory of the experience if the dose goes over 7 grams anyway.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: ego-loss conditions ? [Re: Asante]
    #4268816 - 06/07/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

No. You may absolutely NOT suggest he should take 150-300mg of Psilocybin.

With that out of the way :evil:
Egoloss is a stage of Ego Death and Ego Death is the most brutal, violent, shocking thing you'll likely ever face.

It is also one of the most profound spiritual, cleansing experiences that can be had if one surrenders fully to it.
If you resist it it can fuck you up like a war vet, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the whole package.

If you want a peaceful experience I must go with Stanislav Grof, LSD Therapist, and insist that you do not take more than 100mcg LSD (one good blotter), 20mg of psilocybin (one-eighth of average Cubies or a maximum of 1.5gr really strong ones) or 300mg of Mescaline (generally one capsule)

At or above this level you can expect to be visited by Ego Death phenomena, which usually show up at 1/4 oz of cubies (or 200+mcg LSD) if you fully let go.

Alexander Shulgin does not go there. Why should you?

If you have average-strength Cubies then don't dose over 1/8 oz dried and even then there are no guarantees. There is no safety in numbers, when your time has come it WILL come and you'd better surrender yourself to whatever comes.

For a dreamy trip, get an opium-den like thing going in your bedroom: one candle for a bare minimum of indirect light, incense in the air, lying in your bed or sitting up with a ton of pillows and a maximum of 1/16 oz of good quality dried cubies. Music should be very, very soft (your ears will go towards hearing it so make it subliminal) and I particularly recommend African Kora-music, slow classical Indian music or Japanese Zen music of one beat-per-minute :smirk:

Preferably no music with texts you can understand or contemporary stuff.

If the trip goes deep: GO DEEP. Fighting it fucks the trip up and worse yet it can fuck YOU up.

If you want a peaceful trip then under no circumstance take one ounce dried. On second thought don't take that much EVER.
Most people lose most of their memory of the experience if the dose goes over 7 grams anyway.

once I took 3 hits of strong acid and fought the trip; learned my lesson completely.
The effects even lingered on after the experience, but I found out the more I think positive, the less I'm worried about badtrips or mental damage.

But thanks a bunch for the music suggestion; I'll check it out, and if it's good, I'll buy some new cd's ... :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order