Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
What could these be? (New Zealand)
    #4258553 - 06/05/05 02:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So i was walking in some bush (there was pine trees, and native trees) and found some mushrooms. The mushrooms were growing on pine needles, the stem is hollow, very thin. The mushrooms also bruise blue. and have a smell to them.

The mushrooms were growing towards the bottom right of the photo above.

Also, i left the mushrooms in a white box for a few hours, and there seemed to be a brown spore print. What mushrooms could these be? could they be active?
By the way, i live in New Zealand, and winter has just begun.

Edited by SlowerZero (06/05/05 02:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: SlowerZero]
    #4258658 - 06/05/05 02:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they look active (psilocybe subaeruginosa) but the sporeprint should be black/purple, although i guess it is possible they have brown sporeprints too. also second to last pic looks like the mushrooms are red, but it could be the lighting

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: tryptonite]
    #4258674 - 06/05/05 02:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tryptonite said:
they look active (psilocybe subaeruginosa) but the sporeprint should be black/purple, although i guess it is possible they have brown sporeprints too. also second to last pic looks like the mushrooms are red, but it could be the lighting

Yeah, that's what i thought(that the spore print should be like a black colour)So dose any one else no if possible that they have brown spore prints? also, the mushrooms has been by a fan for a little bit(maybe 5 or 10 mins) before i left them to get the spore print.

OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
    #4258683 - 06/05/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oh and one of my friends wanted to eat a few, i told him not to, so he diden't. But its it possible that these could be poisonous?

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #4258697 - 06/05/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We need a better description, and preferably better photos, to have a decent shot at making an ID.
Make a spore print and tell us about the colour. Subaeruginosa have a chocolate - purple coloured spore print.
Did the blueing definatley occur after you picked them, or were they blue beforehand too? In other words, is the blue colour in damaged areas of the shroom like where the stem was broken and around the edges of the cap, or is it on the top of the cap or all around the stem? Most magic mushrooms aren't blue before you pick them, espeically on the top of the cap, unless they're old and damaged. Although some subaeruginosas have a bit of blue on the stem before being picked.

For now I wouldn't eat them, there is a chance they could be poisonus. Get a spore print and let us know what colour it is. And examine them more carefully for a better description. :smile:

OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: zee_werp]
    #4258766 - 06/05/05 03:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zee_werp said:
We need a better description, and preferably better photos, to have a decent shot at making an ID.
Make a spore print and tell us about the colour. Subaeruginosa have a chocolate - purple coloured spore print.
Did the blueing definatley occur after you picked them, or were they blue beforehand too? In other words, is the blue colour in damaged areas of the shroom like where the stem was broken and around the edges of the cap, or is it on the top of the cap or all around the stem? Most magic mushrooms aren't blue before you pick them, espeically on the top of the cap, unless they're old and damaged. Although some subaeruginosas have a bit of blue on the stem before being picked.

For now I wouldn't eat them, there is a chance they could be poisonus. Get a spore print and let us know what colour it is. And examine them more carefully for a better description. :smile:

Some were slightly blue at the top end of the stems before i picked them(only on a few of them though) and the rest were not blue before i picked them. Though some places of the stems didn't bruise blue when i squeezed them. I'm sure that the spore print is brown. I'm using my crappy cell phone to take the pics. Here is a pic of some spore prints, there were a few mushrooms that dropped this print

Thanks for your posts guys :thumbup:

Edited by SlowerZero (06/05/05 03:49 AM)

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #4258905 - 06/05/05 07:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oops, missed the part where you said brown spore print in the first post.
From that pic its hard to tell the actual colour of the prints. Are they a more rusty brown, like at the orange / mid end of 'brown', or are they closer to the purple end of 'brown'?

OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: zee_werp]
    #4260897 - 06/05/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

They are dark brown. But in some places of a few spore prints they go a Purple colour, but only very small part. then the rest is brown.
And they smell really bad, i left them in my marijuana tin(Which smells of weed) and it changed the smell of the tin to the mushrooms smell.
I will go and get some more and give use a better description. Don't think i can get a better camera though.
cheers

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

#4260992 - 06/05/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they don't look like subs to me....  from what i can tell of the pictures and description the stems are the wrong colour and texture, also those red ones are def not subs. The spore print should be very dark browny-purple, you'll need to take a spore print especially to tell.

try hard to get some better pics too, so we can see whats going on there :smile:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: haunted]
    #4261227 - 06/05/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

could be some type of gymnopilus.

OfflineSlowerZero
Stranger
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4262127 - 06/05/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, i'll keep looking for some more mushrooms. Do use think there might be subs growing around where i found those? (i live in new zealand, in wellington, and it's getting into winter)

OfflineCyberdyne
Stranger
    #4262437 - 06/06/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Those don't look like sub's to me at all.

All the sub's I have found in Auckland lately have had a spore print which could only be described as distinctly chocolate brown, but the general appearance of those mushrooms just doesn't seem to match up.

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: What could these be? (New Zealand) [Re: haunted]
    #4262708 - 06/06/05 06:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

haunted said:
they don't look like subs to me.... from what i can tell of the pictures and description the stems are the wrong colour and texture, also those red ones are def not subs. The spore print should be very dark browny-purple

agreed red ones arent subs. there really was no description tho exept that the stem is thin and hollow. also colour of stem doesn't mean they arent subs i have pics of black and mottled stemmed subs. Also i beleive someone from melbourne also reported subs producing chocolate brown prints. Heres the pic brightened up if they arent subs what else would look so similair and bruise this blue?

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom