Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: How will it all end? [Re: World Spirit]
    #430410 - 10/19/01 11:06 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

and fenris wolf will ravage among the hearths of men...
and many will fall, and many will turn away from the ways of their ancestors...
and the worm at the root of worldtree yggdrasil will finally gnaw through...
and the deceit of loki the trickster will allow the frost giants and their allies to tumble the aesir from their halls of feasting, and the last battle will be joined indeed...
and we mortals can add our might to that of odin skyfather, thor thunderwielder, frigga the heartmother, and all those of asgard who on that day will wage the last great battle...
and it shall be called ragnarok, the twilight of the gods...
and the world will end in cold...
and those who die in battle will have a place at the feasting-table, and their songs sung by skalds...
and after time enough has passed...
green will come again...
and the worlds will begin again...
and the great cycles of life and death will again be lived out by gods and men...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Havoc]
    #431052 - 10/19/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Can you explain this please? If something is here, why must it have a purpose? Well, one that matters anyways...
Maybe our purpose is to just die out? Who knows?

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Brugman]
    #431081 - 10/20/01 12:15 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Mankind couldn't dent this rock. It's that very arrogance that leads to the potential to wipe ourselves out. when we are gone, Earth will continue to exist as Earth + plastic.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #431113 - 10/20/01 01:35 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #431362 - 10/20/01 11:32 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Havoc,

I hate it when people claim that differing opinions are ignorant. Our extinction is irrelvant to the universe. If we get wiped out, we'll be about as missed as the dinosaurs in the long run, and life will continue without the big, bad evil man.

And as for the rest of you, looking to go to outer space, we can't even agree on what the problems are on this planet. How is space travel going to positively effect human nature?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #431663 - 10/20/01 05:44 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

space travel will supply us with a "frontier"

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinemissulena
enthusiast
Re: How will it all end? [Re: gnrm23]
    #431855 - 10/20/01 10:16 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Weve got more gadgets now but we still have control over hardly anything including each other there will always be people who disagree with each other, if there is more than one person on this planet theres potential for war

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: missulena]
    #432324 - 10/21/01 01:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #432352 - 10/21/01 01:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Life is so beautiful and powerfull. It's not just some piece of space shit. We are trashing the planet, and thats not irrevelent. All other creatures live in harmonious existance and have done so for billions of years. Then humans come along and start combing the earth re routing waters killing off animals and polluting the earth. We are a unique animals, were problem solvers. I dont think people have really thought much about the planets problems untill this century and now that people and technology are so much more advanced the shift will be towards less pollution. It's not as though we've started some chain reaction that will definately lead to the distruction of earth, the damage can be reversed and it will be... as for space travel; the sun is going to begin expanding soon(in cosmic turms) and the earth will be inhabitable. I we survive were going into hyperspace

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Invisiblevermiculite
veteran

Loc: Kalifornia-- knows how to...
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #433001 - 10/22/01 03:18 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I believe a huge asteroid will stike earth and destroy it. As for this hypothesis:

"Stephen Hawking said that the human will race will NOT survive unless we spread out into space, the reason being that sooner or later someone is bound to develop some biological weapon that will kill everyone on earth"

It is wrong. If someone does develop a bio weapon, I am sure there will be a curing antedote or vaccine. this antedote might be very rare and so only a select few will have access to it. And even during the plague in which 2/3 of the WORLD population was wiped out. 1/3 did survive. by living on land so rural that the disease could not be spread; or having a natural immunity to the virus/disease.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #434440 - 10/23/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"...and in the startling end...blue whiteness makes me calm...
I dream in the eye of the wind..."
-Fugs

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: How will it all end? [Re: vermiculite]
    #434458 - 10/23/01 06:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

True, that's a possibility.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Revelation]
    #435114 - 10/24/01 08:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: How will it all end? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #435160 - 10/24/01 09:54 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ed sanders is editor of a weekly paper in woodstock NY...
(didja notice nobody had much to say about ragnarok? dam' bloody norse myths...)
so for an upclose, personal view of judgement day (et seq.) check out heinlein's funny _job: a comedy of justice_ ...or not...
therefore, be ye always ready, for no man knoweth the day or the hour...
(are you ready, johnny, are you ready?)

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #435539 - 10/24/01 03:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Havoc]
    #435593 - 10/24/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think think humans will become extinct, We are a generalized species that is very adaptable to many environments, Think there are even peolpe living on anartica and in space. Save a global catastrophy, we will survive; that is what we are good at. As far as survival we rank right up there with bacteria and fungus.
I think we will evolve especsily if we continue to destroy the planet, But it will not be a darwinian evolultion, that is too slow, humans can now adapt much faster culturaly or whats called mimecticly. Depending on future environmental and cultural factors we could adapt very differently to the point of become almost unrecognisibly as human.
Soon nanotek age will come and we will be able to transform ourselfs and our world, first brain implants to control our computer and car, evoleing into telepathy among many other uses. Some even predict it will be possible to digitize the whole brain, and upload yourself into cyberspace. A scarey though to some, but i doubt we will see too many of these changes in our live time.

OfflineRaVeN_SKiEs

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Revelation]
    #435616 - 10/24/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

im with Revelation. Tool kicks ass, and we r gonna destroy the planet sooner or later, but lost likely sooner. if we dont create some biological weapon that will kill us all, we will end up killing eveyone and everything on the planet either by urban growth and destroying all of our farm land, rain forests, the greenhouse effect, which will flood the entire planet(hence the lyrics "i have a suggestion to keep us all occupied..learn to swim" by Tool) or we will pollute the earth so much that the whole over Antartica will grow, and grow till it kills us all, OR by over population. it is estimated that by the year 2010 the population of the planet will be 14,200,000,000 if the 2-children/family isnt put into effect, which in my opinion, wont be for a while. and i agree with Revelation by saying that the world would be far better with out us, and about not giving a shit if we all died tomorrow. in not saying im suicidal or anything, i just really wouldnt care. so lets just say, the planet is fucked up, a lot, and Revelation, i couldnt agree with u more!

--------------------
I am looking through
Through the dance of the trees
I experience
What a shaman sees
I return within
I return with sight
Under raven skies
I will sleep tonight

-The Tea Party

OfflinePoetFirst
The Risen

#435618 - 10/24/01 04:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

christ, watered down and drowning
like hell and wrath
moved fluid and cancerous
morphing CHRIST to CRIME
and sinner to saint

--------------------
Stay alert. Trust no one. Keep a laser handy.

Life is suffering. The origin of suffering is egoistic craving and attachment. There is a way to the cessation of suffering. This Way is the Eightfold Path:.

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
Re: How will it all end? [Re: PoetFirst]
    #436160 - 10/25/01 02:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

First the governments will turn upon world religion and destroy it.
(supposedly) "Gods" angelic forces will clean off the human governments and start a Theocracy on the planet... All lead by divinely chosen "Princes"... Read the Book of Revelation. The Religions are "The Harlot Babylon the Great". She drinks from a cup "Filled with the blood of the innocent"... Catholocism's Crusades and Inquisitions, to Islams "Holy Wars" to the Church condoned Holocaust in Nazi Germany. The Beast with ten heads and ten crowns is the United Nations. The "Harlot" rides on the back of the "Beast". As you can see how the Christians are spouting "God bless America" all the time and cozying up to the politicians to make a name for themselves. A "Harlot" indeed.

The World Trade Center disaster is all because
Osama thinks he is some Holy Crusader leading his selfless terrorists in a holy campain against the "Infidel" Christians of America. Islamics, Christians and Jews all worship the same God... the same God that is going to have all of them destroyed by the corrupted human government. And then, when the human governments represented by the "Ten-headed beast" get down to a select few people that know God's Holy ineffible Name YHVH and go about persecuting these people.... that is when "destruction will fall upon thier heads with swift wings."... And this is all going to come soon, "As a thief in the night."...

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

Offlineprincessmaumbie1
Stranger
Loc: ohio,usa
Re: How will it all end? [Re: Felstorm]
    #436229 - 10/25/01 06:40 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ya know, i had this crazy idea that maybe it was all a government conspiracy to keep our minds off of the falling econmy, but i guess other countries have anthrax too..so that ruled out that idea. but, when they hit the trade center, i thought bush did it to be more popular,so he could be a hero,i dont know, just a thought..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds