Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
not accepted for doing drugs?
    #4258108 - 06/04/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

how was growing up for many of yous? were yous left out when people found out that you do drugs? for me i went to school with a lot of the rich preppy kids, most didnt mind and didnt judge me, but some of them bitchy girls id feel weird like they think their better then you. how did it go for yas?

Edited by PreperationH (06/04/05 11:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInsomniac1
Stranger
Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: PreparationH]
    #4258207 - 06/05/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I guess you could say that I'm still dealing with this, and my current experience is... if I find somebody who shares my hobby, INSTANT FRIENDS. If I find somebody who is really straight edge and conservative, I usually don't bother speaking to them much, and definitely don't tell them about drug use if I do.

I don't really mind. I tend to discriminate against anti-drug people as much as they discriminate against me.

In any case I can pretty much talk about it openly when I feel like it. I get the occasional "Why do you waste your life with that crap?" and I return a friendly "In my opinion, if you're not wasted, your day is. So why do you waste *your* time?"

This results in a slightly puzzled look or shaking of the head.

My only complaint is that I can't just be open about it due to consequences of law... I'm not ashamed, but I'm forced to be secretive in most situations. It's a terrible way to live.

Edited by Insomniac1 (06/05/05 12:17 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: PreparationH]
    #4258212 - 06/05/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A lot of "sober" people think they are better than the rest of us, especially us here :wink:

But then, the corrollary is true, as well.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinemushy_man
lost in space

Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: delta9]
    #4258679 - 06/05/05 02:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

in my experience drugs have lost me some friends and made me some friends. and i feel that the friendships i have now are realy strong. i still have plenty of friends who do not take drugs or at least to the same extent as me and we still get along fine because at the end of the day i respect their decisions as much as they do mine

--------------------
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-
            five pellets of mescaline, five
            sheets of high powered blotter
            acid, a salt shaker half full of
            cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-
            colored uppers, downers, screamers,
            laughers... Also a quart of tequila,
            a quart of rum, a case of beer, a
            pint of raw ether and two dozen
            amyls"

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: mushy_man]
    #4258975 - 06/05/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I still deal with this, somewhat, because when you utter the word "drugs" everyone assumes you're a few weeks away from auctioning off your body to support your wicked addiction. They just lump all drugs together.

It would really annoy me if I considered any of the people I talk to friends.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: bukkake]
    #4259252 - 06/05/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well my family certainly doesn't know, outside of admitting having tried weed to my mom at one point. I can remember them thinking Jimi Hendrix was a drug addict because he did acid, so that gives you a sense of where their thinking is.

I used to be hardcore anti-drugs growing up. I think that came inbetween me and other people. At this point, I don't know anyone who has had the fact that I use drugs come inbetween us. Then again, I don't go around broadcasting it unless there is a good reason to, or the topic comes up.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: not accepted for doing drugs? [Re: Twirling]
    #4259400 - 06/05/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm the type of person who can get along with almost anyone, but I don't usually hang out with people who don't do drugs. Stoners are usually friendlier and more accepting, just like punks and skaters (at least they used to be, now they are all just cliquey posers). It's pretty bad though when you have friends who you are only friends with because you get high together. If you can't talk about regular stuff every once in a while then you have to question why you hang out with them, and if you even like the person.

I've made a few really good friendships through drugs though. When you find a good person you just know it.

Plus i find that pot is a great icebreaker!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds