Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Kratom Cutting
    #4258047 - 06/05/05 01:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This Cutting is a few weeks old, it has been planted into good quality compost and has been watered frequently. Some of the leaves appear to be wilting, and a cause is unknown, as the owner is very new to looking after this type of plant.

First problem that will be shown is damage to the leaves. This looks like it is the recipients fault as the kratom may have been handled a little roughly when it had newly arrived. The owner wonders if there is anything to be worried about in these pictures.

Next problem is the wilting of the smaller leaves underneath a new set. These leaves have grown since the kratom has been potted and any damage they have sustained is due to the environment or practises of the owner. Could this be a sign of overwatering or indeed underwatering, or something completely different?

The tips of the newest set of leaves has become brown. The owner think there may be a problem with temperatures, water (too much, too little), or maybe a nutrient defficiancy. Does anyone have any theories?

On the whole does this plant look like it is doing okay? The owner really wants to look after this plant, and maybe one day in the future taste it's magic. The owner thinks it a shame that this plant is illegal in Australia (where i live) and is very glad he lives overseas. But in a climate exactly like that of Sydney.

Okay, Liam.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom Cutting [Re: rocknliam]
    #4258596 - 06/05/05 04:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

correction , your problem is trace elements :
Boron
This is a rare occurrence and is exemplified by small gray or necrotic patches on the growing shoots which eventually die.

Fixing this is done easily by applying a foliar spray of eyewash containing Boric Acid. This picture is not really the best IMO, but it shows a gray patch on a leaf that is indicative of what to look for. This will most likely occur in outdoor grows. -overgrow abuse charts

more on it  :thumbup:

Boron (B)
Boron biochemical functions are yet uncertain, but evidence suggests it is involved in the synthesis of one of the bases for nucleic acid (RNA uracil) formation. It may also be involved in some cellular activities such as division, differentiation, maturation and respiration. It is associated with pollen germination.
Boron Deficiency:
Plants deficient in boron exhibit brittle abnormal growth at shoot tips and one of the earliest symptoms is failure of root tips to elongate normally. Stem and root apical meristems often die. Root tips often become swollen and discolored. Internal tissues may rot and become host to fungal disease. Leaves show various symptoms which include drying, thickening, distorting, wilting, and chlorotic or necrotic spotting.
Boron Toxicity:
Yellowing of leaf tip followed by necrosis of the leaves beginning at tips or margins and progressing inward before leaves die and prematurely fall off. Some plants are especially sensitive to boron accumulation

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Edited by liveby (06/05/05 04:30 AM)

OfflineCoquero
Stranger
Re: Kratom Cutting [Re: rocknliam]
    #4258614 - 06/05/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Looks fine to me, just keep under partial shade until it gets a bit bigger. Once it starts growing give plenty of water and a bit of fertiliser and there'll be no stopping it! I found they love wet feet, so dont worry too much about overwatering (might be a different case in colder temps)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Kratom Cutting [Re: liveby]
    #4259936 - 06/05/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it looked like some kind of nutrient deff to me to.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden