Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Loc: Flag
WORK SUCKS!
    #4257667 - 06/05/05 12:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

jesus h. christ i hate my fucking resturaunt job. i have been working in this hot corner of hell for three years now! i am the best worker in my station, but get this, my job includes saucing ribs, making garlic toast, and pouring beans into little cups... all damn day! and we're one of the more popular local resturaunts so i have to repeat these tasks with the hustle. im paid 8.50/h which i dont consider bad considering that i am a mere 18 with no special skills (and will be requestiong a .25 raise soon). i just hate working 90-100 hours every two weeks with just one day off a week. the best years of my life are spent hot and achy in a smelly kitchen, surrounded by hot angry men. my friends with no jobs will call me while im working all drunk and be like "dude, marcus, theres a bangin party in the Cove, megaen's entire clique has gotten naked and jumped in the hottub! where are you?", to which i have to reply "working because unlike you with rich parents, i have to save major dough just to go to community college"

sorry for whining, but i had to say that. the only reason i havent quit is because i am earning slightly more than i would other places and i know if i were to quit my mother would be very dissapointed (her voice is the conscious in my head; yeah, i know, im a bitch).

lets hear about some of your jobs; better or worse.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: purity]
    #4257674 - 06/05/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There's a Work Blows! thread just a few below this. :rotfl:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4257680 - 06/05/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

woah, the disease is spreading.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #4257686 - 06/05/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quit that job and go wait tables. OR better yet room service at a hotel. Way better than working for $8.50 an hour scooping beans into cups. I have had so many stupid stupid jobs and now I don't have one. It's awesome :smile:

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4257723 - 06/05/05 12:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

god, i would kill innocent children to be able to just 'not work'.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4257740 - 06/05/05 12:32 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well, it's totally possible. It took me a long time though. It's not like I am making good money however. I do have a LOT of free time on my hands, which is a good thing. But it makes you lazy :frown:

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #4257749 - 06/05/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I love my job. :shrug:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4257821 - 06/05/05 12:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Please elaborate :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSpeeker

#4257973 - 06/05/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #4257997 - 06/05/05 01:39 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I work in a Thai restaurant serving some days and bartending the others. I just got off and I work all the time, but I make some really good money. I walked with $225 after tip out.(that is for a double) I hate serving the masses, sometimes, but what can you do?

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #4258119 - 06/05/05 01:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mighty Bop said:
Please elaborate :smile:

I make a decent living. I work with awesome people. I am respected. The people I come across everyday are pretty cool.
What more is there to say?
I've been with the place since 1999...that includes here and Arizona. It's good times :thumbup:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #4258130 - 06/05/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I work at a restaurant. I have for two years bussing and dishing. They keep asking me to move to kitchen but that would resolt in less pay. On a good night I can make 15.00 an hour due to tips.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #4259741 - 06/05/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Just quit my bussing/dish job. I was getting paid $7/hr to do both bus and dish on weekdays when it was slow. I worked my ass off for money I could probably make doing half the ass busting work at a supermarket or something. I wouldn't really get shit for tip out though since it was so slow all the time and I don't think those greedy waitors/waitresses really were even giving me what they were supposed to. The thing that sucks about working in resteraunts especially with waiting tables is that it seems that most of the people who wait tables are stuck there for life. They go from resteraunt to resteraunt never staying long at any of them. No offense to anyone but IMO some of the waitors I have worked with are just a step above prostitutes, some are really cool though. Another really annoying thing about them is they are constantly bickering and talking shit behind each others backs but yet still pretending to be friendly their so fake. It reminded me of middle school or something. Anyone who works in a resteraunt escape while you still can you don't wan't to have to kiss peoples asses for the rest of you life just for a tip do you?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (06/05/05 03:26 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4259748 - 06/05/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Resteraunts are good places to work if you wan't to sell alot of drugs though or find hook ups. I used to get benzos from the net and double or triple my money all the time but I got busted so it wasn't even worth it really.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4260265 - 06/05/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I worked as a waiter at a Marie Callender's for about 6 months. It was pretty fun actually. Decent money, not much supervision, CASH DAILY. People do talk about each other there, but that's gonna happen everywhere. Too bad I got involved with this girl which eventually led to me leaving. There are people who wait tables for a long time, but I don't see how you can compare them to prostitues. That makes no sense.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #4260457 - 06/05/05 05:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

people end up waiting their lives because you can make a lot of money. more than a lot of people that went to college for 4 years even. i worked as a pizza delivery boy in college and made $200 a night in tips plus 5.15/hr and .75 cents a delivery. i made so much money during that time, i now moved to vancouver and can afford to pay around $1000/month for bills plus food, pot, beer and all the other essentials of life with no job :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: John]
    #4260472 - 06/05/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Damn all from delivering pizzas?? Nice.......

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #4260483 - 06/05/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah it made me say fuck college for now and travel a bit. during that time i was saving money tho my bills were like $400 a month and i always got free food so that helped i guess. it was some rough work, i had to do dishes whenever i was in the store and i closed like 2 times a week, sometimes on weeknights when till 2-3am when i had school at 9am and like once a month til 4am on sat or friday night. but i can deal with once a month losing one fri or sat. :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineKamek
polygloatin'
Male User Gallery

Re: WORK SUCKS! [Re: John]
    #4260503 - 06/05/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

At the moment I have got a pretty nice job. Nice people, decent money and at the end of the day i can take some left over stuff home that's close to the expiration date.
Yesterday i got a piece of cheese worth 50 euros, lots of salads, some more cheese and some stir fry vegetables. (all biological!!)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub