Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliquidhits25
Stranger
cow shit
    #4256708 - 06/04/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So I got some fresh shit straight outta the cow. I had some spores left and decided to try some fresh shit.I injected 2 trays with spore solution, and placed a smaller 3rd tray without injection covered and in a warm place to colonize. I am using the 3rd smaller tray as a tester to see if any thing grows in the uninjected shit. If something grows in it then the shit was bad to  start. I did not sterilize the shit cause I figured shrooms grow in the wild so y not give it a shot, it was leftover solution anyway. Any one ever grow on unsterilized shit???? What do u think my chances r of not having contams. I have had sucess with bird seed but figured I got access to fresh cow shit so y not try it. :syringe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: cow shit [Re: liquidhits25]
    #4256913 - 06/04/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i hope you didnt hurt the cow

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Invisiblerammbler
El primo de losmatador
Male User Gallery

Re: cow shit [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4257041 - 06/04/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ThumpaCap said:
i hope you didnt hurt the cow

lmao

--------------------
"Fuck'em if they can't take a joke" BOB

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: cow shit [Re: rammbler]
    #4257251 - 06/04/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

chances for ya aren't good from what i have read about cow poo. did you mix in any straw or verm with it?
cow poo is too wet and dense by itself, you may get lucky though.
good luck
peace

Offlineliquidhits25
Stranger
Re: cow shit [Re: backupwards]
    #4257273 - 06/04/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No I didn't add any straw or verm the shit was moist to the consistancy needed. Cow shit has starw in it naturally(its cow shit, they eat straw). All cow shit is is compost. I don't see y it wouldn't work theres plenty of nutrients in there. There was nothing else growin in or around the shit and its fresh within the past 2 days

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#4257477 - 06/04/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

liquidhits25 said:
No I didn't add any straw or verm the shit was moist to the consistancy needed. Cow shit has starw in it naturally(its cow shit, they eat straw). All cow shit is is compost. I don't see y it wouldn't work theres plenty of nutrients in there. There was nothing else growin in or around the shit and its fresh within the past 2 days

Yeah but a cow has 4 stomachs whereas a horse has 1. The straw is digested to the point of being what i have scientifically dubbed "gooey pooey." Sure it has plenty of nutes but it isnt airy enough for the mycelium to colonize fast. Slow mych = higher risk of contam, especially with poo. Did you even pasturize it?

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4257559 - 06/04/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if you can get this to work, i would luv to see your results.
not holding my breath.

Offlineliquidhits25
Stranger
Re: cow shit [Re: deanofmean]
    #4257621 - 06/04/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the barn the shit was located in is extreamly dry the crap was already dried up some. I broke it up by hand to about the texture of topsoil. was very light and fluffy I put a fine mist ot fresh water over all of it before covering. Again I sterilized nothing. This is just an experiment for me. also have bird seed jars goin have had success with them befor.

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#4257868 - 06/04/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I realize you didnt sterilize anything but i was wondering if you pasturized it. Im guessing not but theres no telling what would grow on it, if anything.

People grow on unsterilized shit all the time...but its horse shit and its usually pasturized.

I understand it is just an experiment but by reading more and spending about $5 you could actually be successful :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJihadISfreind
Stranger

Re: cow shit [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #4257882 - 06/04/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

First of all unsterilized another strain that was already on it might grow makingyou mistake and poison ur ass. Second your a nebie and should do some reading. I hope you dont die.

Peace

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: cow shit [Re: JihadISfreind]
    #4257923 - 06/04/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JihadISfreind said:
First of all unsterilized another strain that was already on it might grow makingyou mistake and poison ur ass. Second your a nebie and should do some reading. I hope you dont die.

Peace

Wow...one noob criticizing another....First off, YOU DONT STERILIZE POO, YOU PASTURIZE IT. Second, its very unlikely some random ass strain would actually fruit on it, most likely it would just mold.

What you said about reading is the only good advice in your post. PLEASE dont try to give people advice yet because it could potentially be dangerous. By all means keep reading but only use this forum if u have a legit question. Thanks

--------------------

OfflineJihadISfreind
Stranger

#4257928 - 06/04/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ohh what college do u proffesor at?

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #4257929 - 06/04/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

liquidhits25 said:
So I got some fresh shit straight outta the cow. I had some spores left and decided to try some fresh shit.I injected 2 trays with spore solution, and placed a smaller 3rd tray without injection covered and in a warm place to colonize. I am using the 3rd smaller tray as a tester to see if any thing grows in the uninjected shit. If something grows in it then the shit was bad to  start. I did not sterilize the shit cause I figured shrooms grow in the wild so y not give it a shot, it was leftover solution anyway. Any one ever grow on unsterilized shit???? What do u think my chances r of not having contams. I have had sucess with bird seed but figured I got access to fresh cow shit so y not try it. :syringe:

LMFAO!

What a waste of spores.

The only way mushrooms grow naturally on cow shit is if the shit is well
leeched (rained on, several times), ridding it of all impurities and digestive chemicals.

Really, you should read before doing stupid things with your spores.

:rolleyes:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

OfflineJihadISfreind
Stranger

Re: cow shit [Re: TM]
    #4257938 - 06/04/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TripMeister said:
Quote:

liquidhits25 said:

LMFAO!

What a waste of spores.

The only way mushrooms grow naturally on cow shit is if the shit is well
leeched (rained on, several times), ridding it of all impurities and digestive chemicals.

Really, you should read before doing stupid things with your spores.

:rolleyes:

XActamondo my brother!!! :thumbup:

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#4257958 - 06/04/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im just a mycology student. You're just some kid who wants someone to hold ur hand while you try to grow shrooms

--------------------

OfflineJihadISfreind
Stranger

#4257960 - 06/04/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

PLz no arguing wif me bro!!!

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

#4257968 - 06/04/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey im not trying to argue, im just saying you have no clue what youre talking about, so dont give people bad advice, thats not helping the shroomery community

:flipthebird:

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4258391 - 06/05/05 01:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What TripMeister said is pretty much the story.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder