Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

On the Learning Quotient
    #4255706 - 06/04/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all

Throughout history psychoactives have purportedly given man great insight. Many people into the spiritual side of drugs, in modern times, use this to back up their use (which sometimes leans toward abuse), but in the materialistic world that we live in it seems as though even the ones with "right" intent seem to be clouded in their use. What I am getting at is this: how many of you know that using mushrooms, et al has helped your life and understanding of everything (existence, reality, religion/spirutality, life, etc)? The reason I say "know" is that if I said "How many people have learned from mushrooms?" (everyone raises their hand) but how many of those with raised hands could cite examples? from my experience, the answer would be few.

As a simple example, I learned the fluidity of life, just on pot.

Edited by fazdazzle (10/25/09 02:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKitiem3000
God de Schepper
Loc: Limburg, Netherlands
Re: On the Learning Quotient [Re: fazdazzle]
    #4255928 - 06/04/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

To understand the examples you have to first understand my life.

...I'm to lazy to type, but rest assured, I learned plenty from schrooms. :grin:

--------------------
Das ist Life

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4255962 - 06/04/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My only evidence that mushrooms have helped me grow as a person is inside of me.  And I know this because I experience this evidence.   

That's the only answer I can give.  :shrug:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: On the Learning Quotient [Re: Kitiem3000]
    #4255968 - 06/04/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have learned to be a better human being. I am nicer and more compassionate toward everyone who I treat as myself. Mushrooms really taught me why I should do this, because everything is one. Because I am everything, and it is all me.

Abuse? If you call using a substance maybe four times in a good tripping year abusing then you have a strange definition of abuse.

Just because someone cannot put it into words does not mean the substance didn't help them. So I guess this thread is all about pleasing your ego?

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#4256108 - 06/04/05 03:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In regard to the abuse comment, I was meaning that some abusers hide behind the veil of this whole "I learn from (insert drug here" when it's just an excuse. I didn't mean to say we're abusers here or something.

And about the ego. No, it's not so much about my ego. I wanted people to really think about what they have learned. It seems as though many people loose this after a while. I was also just curious as to how other people have been taught by mushies. Apprently it's an fully intrinsic thing.

Edited by fazdazzle (10/25/09 02:36 PM)

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
    #4256502 - 06/04/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've never learned anything directly during my trips, but during the five or six weeks after my most recent trip, I had some very insightful and bizarre thoughts about life, the universe, after-life, etc. that I feel I have learned from. I'm not sure if these thoughts were due to after-effects of the mushrooms or just pure co-incidence. I just feel that they were things that I would have never otherwise thought about had I not started using mushrooms.

By the way, in regards to abuse, does it count as abuse if I started using mushrooms with no intention of learning anything from them? My reason for tripping started simply from wanting to experience something new.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: On the Learning Quotient [Re: TurricaN]
    #4256513 - 06/04/05 06:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
  My reason for tripping started simply from wanting to experience something new.

I think that's how many people get into mushrooms, TurricaN and is certaintly a valid reason.  I got into them because of an E experience I had.  I thought, "If E was this good, then mushrooms must be even better!"  :wink: :crazy2: :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience