Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Choose life.
    #4255678 - 06/04/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I want in my heart to give up on drugs. However, the mear thought of it is scary. The ordinary world is scary. I can't go one day without "what buzz can I get today." feelings. My usual response to this is DXM Alcohol and Cannabis. When I do these substances I get panic attacks and swear never to do them again. I then wake up the next day with the same old thoughts. "What buzz can I get today."
Now I am on Anti-Depressants and other meds. Citalopram, Olanzapine and Beta Blockers. So I knoe I should not be doing rec drugs. I just find myself looking for a buzz all the time.

I guess my question is, how can I forget drugs and move on. They were once such a powerful thing in my life which I enjoyed. I don't enjoy them anymore, but I just keep chasing the old buzzes.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Choose life. [Re: chrispc]
    #4255699 - 06/04/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you have a lot of free time on your hands? I do drugs more when I am bored.

What is your lifestyle like?

Offlinechrispc

Re: Choose life. [Re: MOTH]
    #4255744 - 06/04/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Do you have a lot of free time on your hands? I do drugs more when I am bored.

What is your lifestyle like?

I have a lot of freetime on my hands. Yes that could be it. I am at this precise moment trying to develop some hobby. So far it's joining a book club, reading. Also I love Chess and Gardening. I'm hoping this will take my mind off of the craving for a buzz. Although as I type this I am pissed on booze. Hmmmm.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
thoughts."

ChrisC

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4255751 - 06/04/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, lots of free time'll do it. :smirk:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #4255813 - 06/04/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel. My whole life has been the same pretty much, except that I never really wanted to give the drugs up. I started out at a very young age and just kept using whatever drugs that I could get my hands on. It was like an fascination and obsession.
When I tried to go a few days of being sober, all that I could think about was getting something to use. I was always "bored" and not easily entertained.
Hobbies and interests seem to help keep my mind off of drugs temporarily. I like doing science related things such as chemistry, biology and mycology.
Sometimes I just need to get away from everything and I go on epic hikes into the woods, alone.
Computers and technology can keep me busy also, I write code and work on software development projects.
Being lazy or just not feeling like doing anything usually gets me to choose drugs over other activities.

In time, I seem to just lose interest in specific drugs. I made the stupid mistake of letting my body become physically dependent on drugs. To where if i don't have them, I get into a world of pain. It will get to a point where you no longer take them to feel good but instead to feel normal. Stay away from using those kinds of drugs. Just remember no matter how bored or miserable you think you are, it's nothing compared to how you will feel when your body is dying for a chemical that it must have to feel "normal".

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Choose life. [Re: eris]
    #4256725 - 06/04/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Gardening and reading sound like the best things to get yourself into right now, including exercise... with the exception of gardening marijuana for your own personal consumption.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Choose life. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4256761 - 06/04/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Yeah, lots of free time'll do it. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Choose life. [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4260239 - 06/05/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Lmao, this thread made me realize how much free time i have on my hands, and how much of it i spend looking to alter my mind. I need some more hobbies!! My plants don't take up enough time in my day, i wish i had 10 times as many.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Offlineprimushrooms
Back Door Man

Loc: somewheres in california
Re: Choose life. [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4261774 - 06/05/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hobbies are a good way to move on. If you find something that really enjoy doing, it can almost substitute for your old highs. Like me, I started takuing up flying airplanes and it has been such a trip that it gets me high just being in the sky.

--------------------
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor, and surviving.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Choose life. [Re: primushrooms]
    #4262352 - 06/06/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i love metal detecting/fishing get you out in nature too

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Choose life. [Re: PriitK]
    #4262465 - 06/06/05 01:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it might be a good thing to read up on some leary or mckennca. it can change your views on drugs and treat them with more respect. even alcohol has a history of being used in religion.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4262732 - 06/06/05 07:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chrispc said:
I want in my heart to give up on drugs. However, the mear thought of it is scary. The ordinary world is scary. I can't go one day without "what buzz can I get today." feelings. My usual response to this is DXM Alcohol and Cannabis. When I do these substances I get panic attacks and swear never to do them again. I then wake up the next day with the same old thoughts. "What buzz can I get today."
Now I am on Anti-Depressants and other meds. Citalopram, Olanzapine and Beta Blockers. So I knoe I should not be doing rec drugs. I just find myself looking for a buzz all the time.

I guess my question is, how can I forget drugs and move on. They were once such a powerful thing in my life which I enjoyed. I don't enjoy them anymore, but I just keep chasing the old buzzes.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

What you fell victim of was not responsible ,helpfull drug use but it was drug abuse. Addiction is a serious issue and one of its identification points is when you spent your day thinkign of ways to get high.

Try reformulating some of your drug ideas!Ok ,thats difficult since most people use them for "recreation" and your circle of friends might be abusers that if you speak to them about something different than "continuous drug intake" look at you as if you are sick or something.So we will go for "substitution",i cant expect people to change views overnight:

Try doing something else...Have you tried painting or an art? They can be very fulfiling.Put your energy on something that is rewarding.Try growing different plants,or try making stuff like trekking sticks (you can make them of wood and carving on thm) or anything else that requires devotion,concentration and provides a visual,an aesthetic reward ! Looking at your painting or at something you made can be very fullfiling!

Offlinechrispc

Re: Choose life. [Re: Psiloman]
    #4263322 - 06/06/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you think hanging around boards like this is bad. Could it feed the thoughts of wanting to get high.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
thoughts."

ChrisC

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4263599 - 06/06/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Only you can answer that...be honest: IS being on the Shroomery making you feel like you want to be high all the time?

If yes, then take a break for awhile until you get your cravings under control.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Choose life. [Re: MOTH]
    #4264087 - 06/06/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Which is not a good thing because these forums, especially ones like this are supposed to be for the benefit of a person. But I can completely understand why posting on a website about drugs (specifically mushrooms) would give you that feeling.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order