Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineestrella
Stranger
multi-strain pf cakes slow to pin... advice?
    #4255572 - 06/04/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey all,

i'm a second-time grower currently attempting to fruit some pf-style cakes and casings. this particular grow has been plagued by minor mishaps (and subsequent modifications) from the beginning, so i'm not expecting too much. nonetheless, i'm having some problems and would love advice.

i started with 7 pf jars, each inoculated with both b+ and ecuadorian strains (due to a shortage of spores). though it took a while, eventually all 7 colonized completely. contamination showed up in two of the jars, which i discarded. i birthed two of the healthy cakes pf-style, after refridgerated dunking for 24 hours, and cased the remaining 3 with perlite on the bottom and vermiculite on top.

both cakes and casings have been in the growing chamber for about 2 weeks now, with only very minimal evidence of any sort of pinning. one cake produced a very small fruit about a week ago, which i assumed was an abort and removed after 2 days without growth. since then, nothing. i have made every attempt to keep the growing chamber both humid and well-ventilated.

a few days ago, one of my casing trays showed a tiny spot of green contamination so i threw it out. i also see a strange spot on my other casing tray, so i quarantined it from the cakes. i'm worried that the delayed pinning and slow growth is leaving my grow more open to contamination, and i want to do whatever i can to save the rest.

what is going wrong? should i keep things as they are, and just wait? could my multi-strain jars be the problem? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: multi-strain pf cakes slow to pin... advice? [Re: estrella]
    #4255597 - 06/04/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:shake:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: multi-strain pf cakes slow to pin... advice? [Re: estrella]
    #4255602 - 06/04/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Meaning greenie starts out white, then goes green.

My best guess is that they're all contam-ed, which would explain such slow growth.

What's the Temp. and the Rh?

What did you incubate at and fruit at?

-Gnostic

Offlineestrella
Stranger
Re: multi-strain pf cakes slow to pin... advice? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4255677 - 06/04/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, that's something i had suspected...
actually, i had half-wondered if what i assumed to be cubensis mycelium was actually just really well established contam.

the humidity is pretty high, 90%+, though i fan it out frequently, and the chamber is room temperature (about 75). i had some trouble with localized heating methods, so the jars incubated at just slightly above room temp (they were in a box near the radiator, with a heavy blanket over both).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds