Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
help! Psilocybin Legal???
    #4244886 - 06/01/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was just in san francisco this past memorial day weekend to attend the 2005 MIND STATES conference at the palace of fine arts theater. I got to listen to, meet, and speak with the leading researchers in psychedelic studies including Rick Doblin of MAPS (multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies) Sasha and Ann Shulgin, Alex Grey, Thomas Riedlinger author of 'the sacred mushroom seeker, and the list goes on. I was also in attendance for the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors benefit party and let me tell you Alex Grey and all of the people who put together that party did a fantastic job!!! anyhow i said all of that to say this. if we, as a psychedelic community, want to do somthing that will help to make these things accepted and legal then we need to support MAPS. Rick Doblin and his crew of doctors have gone through all of the protocols with the DEA and FDA to get permission to do the first MDMA studies in over 20 years. They have also been approved for doing research with Psilocybin in cancer patients. These are the organizations we need to donate to. Alex Grey is also raising funds to build his Chapel Of Sacred Mirrors which i believe will change the people who enter with or without drugs. My point is the time is at hand when we need to start fighting back and if we as a community start supporting these organizations financially (these are registered 501(C)(3) charities by the way) then it believe we can defintely make a difference. Send them 5, 10, 100 dollars ++++ whatever it will help!! If 1000 people sent 10 bucks it starts adding up. tell you friends!!! We all want change well here's a chance for our collective voices and efforts to be heard and seen!!!! www.MAPS.org www.alexgrey.com www.spectraleyes.com

Thanks for all of the support. Get involved... Please post any feedback. We can be like spores forming mycelium spreading over the earth.

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Edited by fungusflip (06/01/05 04:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: fungusflip]
    #4245868 - 06/01/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It is my understanding that a certain esteemed Shroomery member was instrumental in getting some of the current psilocybin research off the ground.  He shall remain nameless  :wink:

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4248057 - 06/02/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeh fairplay to him

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: CJay]
    #4251915 - 06/03/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah fairplay to him! however simply laying back smoking out and waiting for somebodyelse to make the first move is not going to cut it. there seem to be alot of crybabies here among us who want to always complain about the way things are and there lay all kinds of opportunities to raise public awareness and make changes to the way things are and they do NOTHING!!!! shut the fuck up and start acting!! quit being so passive! i read these message boards--- any cheese with all that wine, anyone? people always talking about revolutions and blah! blah! blah!. Just so everyone is clear here, the trip doesn't start until you come down off the shrooms.. Oh and FYI the revolution has already started why don't all of you get involved. Support these organizations because they have the right connections and resources to start the ball rolling in the right direction. Our community of like minds is now global and in the 10's of millions and growing.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4251964 - 06/03/05 11:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I support MAPS and the vision that the association has. However in my opinion they should focus their efforts in the political arena. Scientific discovery is a wonderful thing in and of itself but the only way drugs will ever become legalized is through political and social means.

As an example, LSD has been shown time and time again to be essentially harmless and free from ill effects in otherwise healthy individuals. Another study showing its beneficial effects probably won't make much headway in terms of legalization. In my opinion the resources spent on the actual studies would be better spent on a communicative effort to educate those on the benefits of psychedelics.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: badchad]
    #4252030 - 06/03/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they are suing the DEA for gods sake! the work they are doing establishes and documents usable data in a court of law. this data can then be used as a tool to change the laws. Political and social means??? what the hell do you think you are?? Part of society maybe? social--society? these guys are going to have to follow the rules and protocols in the field of scientific research before usable data can be presented in a court of law. Why dont you go study law and how laws are passed before you make such statements. This is the first approved research with psychedelics in 20 years!!! that says to me that someone is working really hard, has all of the right resources, and cares enough to do this research, which will eventually disprove all of the misinformation that has been bombarding the world for a long time. When was the last that you possesed MDMA legally??? How long do you think it would take, how much paperwork,filings,and hearings would it take for YOU to get permission to not only manufacture but, administer MDMA to another human LEGALLY???!!! "marinate on that"

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #4252125 - 06/03/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have this feeling that psychedelics don't need to be 'advertised' because they do that themselves. I believe there to be a psychedelic revolution in the near future because the popularity of it is becoming HUGE. Think about all the people on the Shroomery who love psychedelics, and then think of the friends of all those people on the Shroomery who aren't registered.

Also the music scene attracts many to psychedelics. The jamband scene is getting larger and larger everyday. Psychedelics are a large part of that scene. And techno music also has a large audience who are pro-psychedelic.

The phenomenon is getting more popular every year, and as long as we all have a general knowledge of psychedelics, and can see through the propaganda, then it shall happen; at least this is my theory.

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #4252328 - 06/03/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Who said anything about advertisement of psychedelics? You know what fuck it all of you just stay at home doing your cultivation, or spending all of your time in cyberspace(which happens to also be an alternate world), while the REAL seekers fight back. By the way it's the psychedelics that attract the people to a music scene not the other way around. well i guess it could go both ways. There are too many uneducated "know it alls" on these message boards. Farewell shroomery as of this time there are 132 hits on this thread and only six replies of which 3 are mine so it seems unimportant to almost everyone that this research is funded and supported. You have no voice. There are alot of people here that are just as blind and dumb as those people on "reality" T.V. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#4252397 - 06/03/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

First of all, I support MAPS and the work that they do. However it's my impression that the overall goal of MAPS is to legalize psychedelics for mainstream consumption. If this is their goal, it's my opinion that their is a more efficient way to do it than through research (although this is not to say that research is unimportant).

Take for example drugs which are legal and illegal currently. Look at LSD and psilocybin. Both drugs have been repeatedly shown to have minimal adverse health effects in otherwise healthy individuals. Bot however are illegal.

Now, look at cigarettes and alcohol. Both perfectly legal, both (it would seem) have far worse effects than either LSD or psilocybin. Now, one would ask why are some drugs legal but not others? It would seem that the difference is due to governmental policy and laws.

My point is that I think MAPS has a better chance of legalizing drugs through policy and political campaign than through research.

Quote:

fungusflip said:
they are suing the DEA for gods sake! the work they are doing establishes and documents usable data in a court of law. this data can then be used as a tool to change the laws. Political and social means??? what the hell do you think you are?? Part of society maybe? social--society? these guys are going to have to follow the rules and protocols in the field of scientific research before usable data can be presented in a court of law. Why dont you go study law and how laws are passed before you make such statements.

See above, but I think working through legal means to change laws and policy is more effective than research.

Quote:

fungusflip said:This is the first approved research with psychedelics in 20 years!!! that says to me that someone is working really hard, has all of the right resources, and cares enough to do this research

Not to nit pick, but studies of hallucinogens have been ongoing. This is one of the first human studies of MDMA to occur in the U.S. in quite some time. Other countries have been active in psychedelic studies for a long time.

Quote:

fungusflip said:which will eventually disprove all of the misinformation that has been bombarding the world for a long time.

It's generally accepted that MDMA use does have some real neurotoxic effects. Although much of the information may be biased, when presented before lawmakers and the government I highly doubt that a study performed by MAPS will be interpreted as non biased by policy makers.

Quote:

fungusflip said:When was the last that you possesed MDMA legally??? How long do you think it would take, how much paperwork,filings,and hearings would it take for YOU to get permission to not only manufacture but, administer MDMA to another human LEGALLY???!!! "marinate on that"

Possesion of MDMA for research purposes is different than proposing to administer it to you humans. A medline search would reveal several laboratories in the U.S. which are headed by a researcher that has permission to have the drug.

Again, we return to the original point whic is that just because this research is being performed doesn't mean it'll help for legalization.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (06/03/05 02:04 PM)

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: badchad]
    #4252455 - 06/03/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

YOU GUYS JUST DON'T GET IT!!!! Big macs are worse for you than most drugs. Doesn't anyone here realize that bankers run the world??? The united states is a corporation. If you are born in the U.S. you are given a birth certificate, an I.M.F.# and a social security #. This "research" we are speaking about is a tool to use in court to establish laws. It's all semantics. We can however circumvent these laws by fighting fire with fire. Look at medical marijuana and all the laws being established now that are based on court rulings. You have to follow protocals to get things done. You have to lay a strong foundation before you build a skyscraper!

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4254228 - 06/03/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Congratulations on spending $10 to fund your pretentiousness habit. Don't strain your rototator cuff patting yourself on the back.

Personally I prefer to just ignore the government.

Who gives a shit if it's legal or not. Just don't be stupid and get caught.

You really want to make a difference? Learn how to grow, and teach someone else.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Baby_Hitler (06/03/05 10:20 PM)

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4255000 - 06/04/05 02:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Congratulations on spending $10 to fund your pretentiousness habit. Don't strain your rototator cuff patting yourself on the back.

Personally I prefer to just ignore the government.

Who gives a shit if it's legal or not. Just don't be stupid and get caught.

You really want to make a difference? Learn how to grow, and teach someone else.

Right on Bro! But I'll still send MAPS 10$ just because I'm not sure what'll change the country I livein (U.S.) Research, or popularity.. So I will teach ppl to grow, and sned MAPS 10$

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: Kalix]
    #4281238 - 06/10/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hope people arent getting put down by all the sarcasm.
Support= :thumbup:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: help! Psilocybin Legal??? [Re: Arp]
    #4284286 - 06/11/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Arp said:
Hope people arent getting put down by all the sarcasm.
Support= :thumbup:

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck