Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Orange Basidiomycete on rotten logs
    #4254650 - 06/04/05 02:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

While hiking recently in Illinois I saw some really beautiful patches of bright, bright orange basidiomycetes. The stems seemed clear with the neon orange color imparting the coloration. When I picked some up to take a closer look (to see is they were ascomycetes) they stained my hands roughly the same hunter orange color. No reaction luckily from my skin. I'm going to take a spore print once I figure out a good way to transport some back. I'm hoping somone knows what these are just from the description. I'll be posting some pics of things I've been finding in the woods soon. I have heard people mention black trumpets, I've been seeing something that fits that description and thought it was undoubtedly poisoness. I guess dark black and neon orange don't scream edible to me ^_~. So how bout those neon orange mushies? They are beauties even if you can't eat em. They'd be a great ornamental mushroom in an outdoor woodchip bed.

"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification