Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrumsinttown
Your Mother'sGentleman Caller

Loc: Alabamer
Those damn farmers
    #4253272 - 06/03/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lemme ask you folks this:

I am doing my searches in a pretty rural part of alabama with about 30 pastures within 30 minutes driving distance. Do you ever have the problem of farmers in your region who spray their pastures with fungicide? I have spent roughly 5 hours in the past 2 weeks searching various pastures under optimum conditions (60+ degrees low temp at night, 80s in the day, heavy rain within the past 72 hours of searching)Have not found a single cap. only thing i have noticed that did survive anything was these little thin stemmed navy blue-gray brittle shrooms growing out of the moldy hay bales

Also, I am not really sure about what time to go to get them. Some say to me any time of the day, others say that the sun will kill them all as soon as morning has passed. Will somebody clear that up for me?

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Those damn farmers [Re: drumsinttown]
    #4253657 - 06/03/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The sun will not kill them, but in very dry weather, it will dry them out and hurt them.

Best time is still after a rain, around 12-48 hours after that, because they're still growing.

I prefer to pick right before evening(around 6pm) because it's not too hot, and I have daylight to pick, and the mushrooms have had the whole day to grow.

The best time is probably the morning though, imo. If it rains at the evening of Day A(Monday) a good time to go would be Tuesday at around 6pm, and Wednesday around 6/7am. You have good time for the mushrooms to grow, and not too much time so that they don't have the moisture to grow, or have the sun to dry/kill them.

--------------------
So it goes.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #4254093 - 06/03/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Farmers do not use fungicides for the purpose of killing hallucinogenic mushrooms. It would cost thousands of dollars (fungicides aren't cheap!). Farmers have better things to spend money on than stopping a few people from picking hallucinogenic mushrooms in their fields.

Edit: As far as the time of day goes, it doesn't matter. Cubensis are very stout mushrooms and can handle the sun just fine.

Edited by Gumby (06/03/05 09:49 PM)

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Those damn farmers [Re: Gumby]
    #4254120 - 06/03/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Gumby, we should hear no more of it then, right?

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Those damn farmers [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4254166 - 06/03/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

don't farmers use fungacides on grain crops to control ergot?
hence, we use only organic rye berries or rice or wheat for cultivation?

of course they dont spray dung with it, thats just not worth their time. but could treated grain be injested by cattle and effect in-mootro germination?

Offlinedrumsinttown

Re: Those damn farmers [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4254215 - 06/03/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't mean to be talking about something as if i knew what i was talking about...Simply because i dont. I just know that i have been on multiple cow pastures that have had not a single shroom many many times. i have gotten the explaination on more than one occasion that seems to match up with what mitchnast is talking about.

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4254289 - 06/03/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey, my explainations hypothetical

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

#4254326 - 06/03/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, some farmers feed from the government which prevents fungal growth, most don't, however.

--------------------
So it goes.

Offlinedrumsinttown

#4254330 - 06/03/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, i already put words in your mouth.... can't take back what somebody already said for you :wink:...

I am about to leave this alone, but before i do, gumby and all you other masters of the shroom world:
Would you be lead to believe that the only reason i am not finding is just bad luck, or looking in the wrong places?

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4254593 - 06/04/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

<<Edit: As far as the time of day goes, it doesn't matter. Cubensis are very stout mushrooms and can handle the sun just fine.>>

If they can handle Texas heat, you know they're tough!  :cool:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4255248 - 06/04/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drumsinttown said:
gumby and all you other masters of the shroom world:

gumby and the masters of the shroom world eh?

Offlinelimac79
Stranger
    #4263030 - 06/06/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im from birmingham area and would like to talk to people in my area about mycology. hit me back at jmcilwaine_6@ hotmail.com

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #4263245 - 06/06/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've been to fields that seemingly do use fungicides. Next to the patties is a brown powder substance (shaped kinda like pellets, but desintegrates when touched). Maybe they do that to kill the mushrooms so their cattle doesn't eat them?  :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck