Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :(
    #4253830 - 06/03/05 10:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

We've been planning to goto this huge rock festival in the UK called download.

My mate decided last minute that he wanted to come too, so I looked on eBay to see if I could get him a ticket.  I found the best priced buy it now, checked his feedback (fine), then purchased.

A day later I recieved an email from him claiming two people had managed to buy the ticket due to an ebay error!!!  I was fuming!  He said that he had already sent the ticket to another person.

So this was bad enough and I asked, politely, for a refund of my money (100 pounds) to which he replied he had transfered the money from paypal to his bank account automatically, already!  The fucking cunt!

He now reckons I've got to wait 14 days for him to re-transfer the money or some other bullshit and my mate can't go because the festival is this thursday!! :sad: :mad2: :mad2:

I sent him an e-mail saying he must get the money back to me quicker or my friends that are all going to the festival will not be pleased.  He replied with a load of power trip shit about 'if I want to make threats then he would make me a promise' and getting nasty.  Man fuck this shit.  I want to kill the mother fucker now...

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Ego Death]
    #4253843 - 06/03/05 10:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Make a claim on paypal.

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: DieCommie]
    #4253897 - 06/03/05 10:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

and claim with Ebay as well

--------------------
--------------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #4253952 - 06/03/05 11:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey mate,

It sounds like you're getting taken for a ride. With paypal, there is no reason why he cannot transfer $100 from his account directly back to you. He's probably using your money for some kind of investement during that 2 weeks, then turning it back over to you. I'd report it.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #4253959 - 06/03/05 11:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I tried.

I've already spent hours sifting through the site!

Ebay said I had to wait 10 days before filing a dispute, like thats alot of good.

Filing a claim with paypal as we speak.

--------------------

Edited by danoEoboy (06/03/05 11:09 PM)

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Ego Death] * 1
    #4253964 - 06/03/05 11:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

track him down and get ur money back :guns: :chainsaw:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Invisibledr_gonz
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Ego Death]
    #4253969 - 06/03/05 11:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Man, that's so fucked up. It's a shame people can't be trusted for their word. I've been fortuante enough to never have problems with ebay/paypal. I hope you get your money back man. Leave plenty of negative feedback for that prick.

InvisibleDieCommie
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4253978 - 06/03/05 11:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Keep looking on paypal for the claim, they are the ones to refund your money which is all you can really hope for now.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4253982 - 06/03/05 11:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Definately! As soon as I've got my money back he will hear exactly what I think of him!

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4253986 - 06/03/05 11:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think we might just be doing that :evil:

Theres 3 cars of angry 6foot+ death metal heads going to download.  This prick lives not far away from the site.  If need be, we will break him before we go...

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4254017 - 06/03/05 11:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

aint nothing death metal can't fix

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4254027 - 06/03/05 11:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Paypal take FOREVER to sort out disputes.

I sold a totally legal ethnobotanical (large amount) on ebay and a couple of days later I got a rating from this kid saying "bad ebayer. item not as described. FAKE goods!). I'm like what the fuck? So I sent him an email asking what the problem was and he said what I had sold him was fake and he knew this for a fact because he'd had it analyzed at a lab.

I knew this ethnobotanical was legit cause I'd grown it myself and there's no possible way he could get lab results back in 2 days!

So I mailed him back asking for a copy of the lab results, the labs address and contact number.

I then receive another email a day later that he'd eaten all the stuff (even though not for human consumption was mentioned on the auction and was plastered all over the package) and wanted his money back.

He reported me to paypal for selling fake goods and it took a couple of months to sort the damn thing out.  :mad2:

Luckily paypal were on my side  :smirk:

Hope you get the money back.

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4255146 - 06/04/05 07:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Update:

Paypal have opened a dispute.
eBay have done nothing yet.
My sister sent the guy a sympathy ass lickin e-mail and he has replied that he will re-imburse me hopefully monday. The word hopefully in there certainly didn't make me hopeful!

Does anybody know how I can this guys address??? I got his home town, name and telephone detsils from eBay. All I needs his house number and this guy will wish he was never born...

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4255155 - 06/04/05 08:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ebay said I had to wait 10 days before filing a dispute, like thats alot of good.

Be timely! PayPal will totally ignore you 30 days after the transaction. I've lost money this way. Let me tell you what to expect:

Ebay (which owns PayPal, go figure) makes you wait 10 days to file a claim. That leaves you 20 with PayPal.

When the other party fails to own up to their end of the deal, you ask for Square Trade arbitration (costs you another $25 for arbitration) and you have to wait 7 days before the arbiter will step in due to non-compliance by the other party.

That leave only 13 days. The Square Trade arbiter will send two more messages to the other party, giving them 7 days each to reply, that's 14 more days lost.

By the time the Square Trade arbiter decides you're in the right, it's been 31 days and you've forfeit your right to a PayPal claim.

Ebay, Square Trade, and PayPal are always on the side of the vendor because that's where they make their money.

What a racket, eh? I'm in the wrong business.  :thumbdown:

Wanna read some horror stories?

Check it out: http://paypalsucks.com/

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Diploid]
    #4255164 - 06/04/05 08:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

From a Class Action pending against PayPal:  :thumbdown:

Plaintiffs contend that because PayPal?s customer base has exceeded its operational capacity, PayPal has been and continues to be unable to maintain and manage accounts in the manner required by applicable state and federal legislation.

Plaintiffs allege in particular that when PayPal investigates a customer?s complaint of fraud, it freezes the customer?s access to his or her account until the investigation is completed, but at the same time keeps the account open for deposits, a practice which allows PayPal to derive economic benefit from the deposits while preventing customers from accessing even undisputed funds while the investigation is pending.

Plaintiffs further allege that PayPal does not provide a toll-free customer service telephone number, does not effectively publish the customer service telephone number it does provide, requires customers to report erroneous transactions by e-mail while not providing a specific e-mail address for that purpose, requires customers to provide numerous and burdensome personal documents before it undertakes an investigation, responds to e-mail inquiries with form letters, refuses to provide details or explanations with respect to its investigations, and provides no procedure by which a customer can appeal the results of an investigation.

Plaintiffs also allege that when customers are able to contact PayPal representatives, the representatives are combative and rude, refuse to answer specific questions, hang up in the middle of phone calls, provide ?canned? responses to individualized problems, require customers to fax information while providing inoperative fax numbers, and refuse to allow customers to speak to managers.

Newspaper articles have reported that disgruntled customers who have been unable to contact anyone at PayPal to resolve their disputes have created their own website providing consumers with difficult-to-find customer service numbers and reporting their own frustrations with PayPal?s service.

According to these accounts, PayPal has a backlog of over 100,000 unanswered customer complaints, a fact that has led the Better Business Bureau to revoke its seal of approval.

Plaintiffs allege that PayPal profits from its alleged acts and omissions because customers either abandon their efforts to recover their money or, in cases in which funds actually are returned, because it retains the interest collected on the funds it has held during the investigation process.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: Diploid]
    #4255231 - 06/04/05 10:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the account freeze is the one thing you can HOPE happens
to this turd that ripped the dude off.

if they think he's being shifty, they'll lock his fucking checking
account up and then he's pretty much fucked.

if he's transfered the money, it's in his account and he can
simply write a fucking check...what's the problem?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4255448 - 06/04/05 12:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The dude is scamming you... that is bullshit he found someone local to sell the ticket too and did.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: baraka]
    #4255658 - 06/04/05 01:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

fuckers :nonono:

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: TYL3R]
    #4255719 - 06/04/05 01:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Bin in similar situations...

Best bet is scare tactics, get a properley constructed email to him asking for direct bank transfer of the funds else you will get your local police station (get the address n head officer or woteva) to investigate and report him.

They expect you to back down and give in... DONT, keep him on his toes and tell him to cough up or else...  :mad:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I know I'm an idiot but somebody on eBay is robbing me for a Download festival ticket! :( [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4256198 - 06/04/05 04:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

>>track him down and get ur money back .

People realy start to shake..  the threats stop preaty quick too when there mom is in teh room :wink:..  I resorted to that once when i got ripped off on ebay.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub