Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
4th trip (probably) next week
    #4253240 - 06/03/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey everyone,

I was planning my fourth trip, which is now somewhat overdue. My last trip occured about two months ago, and I was going to be tripping last week, but the signs were telling me not to, and my hayfever was starting to get pretty annoying, and I'm wasn't sure if tripping with hayfever was a good idea.

So, on to the new plan. My brother and his girlfriend visiting next week for a few days. My first trip was with my brother, and it was an awesome experience, even at a low dose. My brother mentioned that he would like to try tripping outside, and this has also been an plan of mine to try aswell, being as it's something that I've never tried before. There are some woods near the village in which I live that would be ideal for this.

I know that I want to do it, but does anyone know if mushrooms may react badly with over-the-counter hayfever tablets or hayfever itself? It's not exactly so bad that I can't work or do things that I need to, but obviously this will be of far greater importantance if we proceed by our plan to trip out in nature, where my pollen exposure will be higher. I really want to do it, because it's going to be the last chance that I will get for at least three months to trip with someone that I completely trust, and the last chance at all where I am currently living. Not that my two solo trips weren't mind-blowing, but they're different (not better or worse, just different), and I feel like I want to experience a non-solo trip again.

Can anyone offer their thoughts on this? My normal (solo trip) dose would be either 30gm fresh Ecuadorian or 10gm fresh Hawaian (either way, the intensity is about the same). I'm thinking that it may be better to lower the dose, but I'm unsure wheather tripping at all is a good idea, given my concerns, and the fact that I've never tripped outside in nature before, or even daylight for that matter.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: 4th trip (probably) next week [Re: TurricaN]
    #4253287 - 06/03/05 08:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

My friend has terrible cat allergies, but when she tripped at my apartment (and I have two kitties) there was not a sneeze to be seen.  This is because in the grip of a heavy trip she had lots of adrenalin, and adrenalin is an anti-histamine. 

What hayfever meds are you taking?  I hesitate to say this before you mention, but I doubt they will interact negatively with the shrooms.  I have taken all kinds of OOC meds while tripping with no problems, such as Immodium, Pepto-bismal, Tylonal, and the like.  I don't have bad allergies, so I have not taken an anti-allergy med while tripping.  The times where I have taken OOC anti-allergy meds I was either rendered nearly comatose or given the jitters, either of which might be unpleasant while tripping.  What do you take?  Read up on the side-effects of that particular med before you decide to dose. 

Now tripping outside is quite an adventure.  :smile: I love it, especially in the summery weather.  BUT BUT BUT if you have concerns that your symptoms will get bothersome while outdoors, then perhaps it is best to consider your plan carefully.  Remember that when you are on shrooms any physical discomfort can quickly become exaggerated. 

Good luck!  Maybe someone who has taken anti-allergy meds while tripping can chime in on this one.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience