Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefreebie314
Stranger
 User Gallery
help!!!!!!!
    #4253227 - 06/03/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hi,. i have a couple questions for ya guys,. i'm new to this forum,. though i've been reading your post for a couple months while i have been growing mine.,. i used popcorn for sub.,.coir/verm for casing,. i'll include a pic in here,. but here's my questions,.
first of,. i have some decent pins growing but there not growing in the middle,. should i patch the middle area lightly or just let it go, and hope it pins next flush? also i have alot of myc growth around the bases of my shrooms, why is that? i have humidity at about 80, and temp at 75,. i know i should have humidity at about 75 but i can't get it down,i fan it atleast 5 times a day. maybe my guage is broken though,. i have an air pump with two stones for better air exchange, and two inches of perlite 1 inch water,.
Also about 20 of these are growing faster than the others, should i pick them when they are ready and let the others grow for a few days or just remove them all at the same time?
another thing, the veil has just started to break on two of them, but they are still pretty small, about 4 inches, how much longer should i let them grow?, the caps aren't opened yet just the veil has started to break.. [image][/image]

Edited by freebie314 (06/04/05 04:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreebie314
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: no pins in the middle.... [Re: freebie314]
    #4253481 - 06/03/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

anybody?

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4253641 - 06/03/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm. It's too late for patching you have pins... You will need to wait until after your first flush to do anything. You should pick them all at the same time.. so maybe wait until some are more mature. Your humidity is fine... no need to get it down more.

After you pick you can patch the casing... or dunk.. or do all sorts of things. But wait until after.

Hope that helps some.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlinefreebie314
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: no pins in the middle.... [Re: Quiescence]
    #4255181 - 06/04/05 07:19 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it's day day five and about 6 of them are mature i guess, they are not very big at all,. i'm gonna pick them all off and patch it then mist it back up,. any ideas on how to get a bigger fl;ush next time?

Offlinefreebie314
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4256554 - 06/04/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well i just harvested what little i have i don't have a scale but i'd guess it's about a 1/4 dried, maybe a lil less,pry less maybe an eight,. anywaz,. i patched,. well i practically re-cased a thin layer, and i'm misting it back up keeping it sparkling.i'm doing a spore print with one of the best looking caps...anyone have any thoughts on why i had a crappy flush?

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4256573 - 06/04/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Get a coolmist. Keep the humidty at 95+ until pins form again.(Once pins form lower the humdity to around 80%) Keep misting until pins form. Drill some holes in your tub and stuff them with polyfil for better air exchange.

I am not sure about this yet.. but I think adding a CPU fan to the lid and running it until pins form is a great way to get a better pinset. But I'm not sure of that yet.

Good luck

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Edited by Quiescence (06/04/05 04:31 PM)

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4256589 - 06/04/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

One more thing. This is an excerpt from Paul Stamets:
"Work done by Lambert (1938) has shown that a pinhead of Agaricus brunnescens with a diameter of 2 millimeters fully develops into a mature mushroom in twenty-two days at 50 ?F., in ten days at 60 ?F. and in six days at 70 ?F. Although mushrooms develop more quickly at 70 ?F., overall yields diminish."

That is a different species.. but I think that will hold true for P.C. although I have not tried it yet. Some may disagree.. I think lower temps will help increse yields.

~Quiescence~

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4256595 - 06/04/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I disagree

:cool:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: no pins in the middle.... [Re: Roadkill]
    #4256612 - 06/04/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why? I have read several different things on it.. while not all pertaining to P.C. they all suggest lower temperatures will increase overall yields. Since I just started.. I have not been able to verify it personally.. So I would love your input. What temp do you suggest? What temps have you tried.. with what success?

~Quiescence~

--------------------

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4256616 - 06/04/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was not very clear.. I mean lower temps until pin formation. Then raise them slightly to the normal mid 70's suggestion.

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract