Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrumsinttown
Your Mother'sGentleman Caller

Loc: Alabamer
Newb needs some help on an alabama Shroom
    #4252448 - 06/03/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I live in alabama and have just recently become interested in finding shrooms. Due to a problem in my particular region with farmers spraying fungicide on their pastures i have had trouble locating much. That will not, however stop the likes of me. I live on a horse farm and I found the following in large quantities in my barn growing from horse manure:

Haven't really figured out much about spore prints yet, but i know that it bruised a reddish color. Not really sure at all what kind of shrooms these are. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

--------------------
My unitarian jihad name is Brother Katana of Reasoned Discussion. The code that i used to link it from the site was not working so you may not click anywhere on this gay ass signature to get yours!

Edited by drumsinttown (06/03/05 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Newb needs some help on an alabama Shroom [Re: drumsinttown]
    #4252535 - 06/03/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just picked some of those up out of my yard. I brought one in to ID, it's good practice  :thumbup:
I'm printing now, when I id them, I'll post here.
O, they're not active :grin:

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Newb needs some help on an alabama Shroom [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4252976 - 06/03/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ill guess...
agaricus arvensis
horse mushrooms.
edible

they are at least an edible agaricus.
a poisonous one would have cream gills and bruise yellow.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Newb needs some help on an alabama Shroom [Re: drumsinttown]
    #4252977 - 06/03/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You really need to write a better description than that for an ID. Are the gills free or attached? What do they smell like?

At a quick glance they look like Agaricus, in which case the gills would be free and odor would be important for identification. Red bruising would indicate one of the Sanguinolenti, a section of the genus that contains a number of excellent edible species. Of course, this ID is *very* tentative and should not be relied on for actually eating them.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures