Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: Fuck money. [Re: Redstorm]
    #9573162 - 01/08/09 07:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think money is just one of mans many creations that corrupted and took over our way of living. :shrug:
The problem is, we became too dependent on a monetary system too the point where it rules every aspect of our lives.
I believe money is a good thing in the manner of obtaining goods and services, and by allowing us to enjoy all of the luxuries that weve come to create over the years, but it should not rule our lives in such a manner.
I think our entire structure of society needs to be revisited. Its outdated, and there are so many new things to consider.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Edited by satyr (01/08/09 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetokingnome
Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #9573178 - 01/08/09 07:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Some form of currency will always be necessary. Sometimes it sucks, hell I'm over 3 grand in debt, but I just got a new job and I'm slowly putting away money to pay off the debt. I quit smoking which will help a lot, as well as not eating out for every meal. Gotta make some "sacrifices" to get shit done sometimes, but it won't be that way forever.

--------------------
Confucius say, "Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger." :strokebeard2:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
    #9573229 - 01/08/09 07:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

If you take money out of the equation, life would be so much simpler and productive.

Bullshit. You wouldn't be sitting on that computer if there wasn't money.

Before you call bullshit, maybe you should actually do a bit of research on the link I posted. The idea is that instead of everyone having to work for a paycheck to pay bills (slavery), everyone works for the benefit of mankind. Think of the progress we would make if the limitation of money didn't hold us back. We could focus on important things in life like health and sustaining our resources rather than whether we'll be able to pay rent each month.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9573301 - 01/08/09 08:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm appalled at the way some of you think, you think that money isn't mandatory?

Why does 99% of civilization have something they use for money?

Human beings needs money, just like they need language.

Fuck working? Fuck laziness. Stop doing mushrooms all day and get out and get a job and support your self, then eat all the mushrooms you want, you may call me "a silly egotistical american" but I call you a lazy detriment to society.

And comparing having a job (THAT YOU SEARCHED TO GET) and being a slave is both offensive and idiotic. You should do some research.

Sure money has it's problems, but if there wasn't money then it would be something else, stupid and greedy people are the problem, not money.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/08/09 08:07 PM)

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Re: Fuck money. [Re: pfxtc]
    #9573343 - 01/08/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
I'm appalled at the way some of you think, you think that money isn't mandatory?

Fuck working? Fuck laziness. Stop doing mushrooms all day and get out and get a job and support your self, then eat all the mushrooms you want, you may call me "a silly egotistical american" but I call you a lazy detriment to society.

And comparing having a job (THAT YOU SEARCHED TO GET) and being a slave is both offensive and idiotic. You should do some research.

Holy shit my I dont know how to respond to such stupidity. Human beings NEED money?? :lol: How stupid are you.
I'm sorry, I forgot that we come from the vagina with cash in hand.
Money is a system, one that doesnt work very well at that. If you truly need money to survive, then I feel very sorry for you man. What the hell would you do in a full economic collapse? Sorry man, you wont make it for long without any real life skills.
Get out of your tiny box of a life and live man. There is so much more beyond your simple small framework of thinking.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck money. [Re: satyr]
    #9573365 - 01/08/09 08:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What fucking life skills do you have?

Sitting around and being a lazy piece of shit doing nothing all day other then picking some fruit? Please. You're ideas are not original, stop thinking they are, wannabe hippie.

If the economic system collapsed, I'd probably start growing my own food. Then if I needed something, I'd trade it for something, and the system starts all over again.

You're argument is asinine. Yes I have been looking to use that word for a long time. :smile:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/08/09 08:15 PM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#9573370 - 01/08/09 08:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Even if you got rid of money you would still have a basic system where resources and goods are exchanges for other resources and goods.

No money wouldn't help someone with a lack of resources.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#9573437 - 01/08/09 08:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:

Sitting around and being a lazy piece of shit doing nothing all day other then picking some fruit? Please. You're ideas are not original, stop thinking they are, wannabe hippie.

What life skills do I have?
I can hunt, I can cultivate food, I can make everything I need to survive, I know real life skills. If you think knowing how to file your taxes counts as a life skill, you are gravely mistaken. Again, what would you do if you had NO money?

Your pathetic attempts at making someone feel insignificant are hilarious :rofl2:
Your arguments are full of fallacy and get you nowhere.
And what is your point anyway? To piss someone off? You setting a prime example of what I was just saying about happiness. It seems to me that your just pissed off because you are not enjoying life. 
And you think I'm trying to be original? Guess what, I'm happy, have everything I want and more, and I owe nothing to anyone. Can you say that? No, because you play the game, therefore you owe SOMEONE. Your a slave man, YOU are the true detriment to society.

--------------------

Edited by satyr (01/08/09 08:25 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9573463 - 01/08/09 08:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:

What life skills do I have?
I can hunt, I can cultivate food, I can make everything I need to survive, I know real life skills. If you think knowing how to file your taxes counts as a life skill, you are gravely mistaken. Again, what would you do if you had NO money?

Your pathetic attempts at making someone feel insignificant are hilarious :rofl2:
Your arguments are full of fallacy and get you nowhere.
And what is your point anyway? To piss someone off? You setting a prime example of what I was just saying about happiness. It seems to me that your just pissed off because you are not enjoying life. 
And you think I'm trying to be original? Guess what, I'm happy, have everything I want and more, and I owe nothing to anyone. Can you say that? No, because you play the game, therefore you owe SOMEONE.

Any idiot can have "real life skills",

if a fucking animal can do it,

so can I. And I can.

I'm not pissed off, I have no reason to be. It's not my fault that everyone who hates money is just really bad with it, and doesn't know how to organize it, and by the time they learn how to do it properly, they're too far in debt. People hate things they can't or don't understand, and how to properly use money is one of those things that people don't understand.

If I had NO money, and neither did anybody else in the world, I would probably do whatever I have to do to survive? I'm not materialistic, at all, but I know how to manage my money, and hey, I know how to go camping with nothing but a tent and a knife as well.

Again, calling me a SLAVE for having a job is just offensive and idiotic.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/08/09 08:27 PM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9573510 - 01/08/09 08:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:

Sure money has it's problems, but if there wasn't money then it would be something else, stupid and greedy people are the problem, not money.

Sounds like you're beyond being "unprogrammed". When I say "fuck working" I don't mean I want to sit on my ass watching TV and eating Doritos. I mean fuck working for a paycheck to pay bills. If we worked together as humans for the betterment of mankind instead of a paycheck and money didn't put limitations on our efforts, the world would be a better place. Needing to work for a paycheck in order to be able feed myself and keep a roof over my head is offensive and idiotic. A government that takes a percentage of that paycheck before I even get my hands on it for it's own agenda and that of it's lobbyists is offensive idiotic.

Call me a hippie. I just think "work" as we define it is useless.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck money. [Re: FooMan]
    #9573518 - 01/08/09 08:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

If you take money out of the equation, life would be so much simpler and productive.

Bullshit. You wouldn't be sitting on that computer if there wasn't money.

Before you call bullshit, maybe you should actually do a bit of research on the link I posted. The idea is that instead of everyone having to work for a paycheck to pay bills (slavery), everyone works for the benefit of mankind. Think of the progress we would make if the limitation of money didn't hold us back. We could focus on important things in life like health and sustaining our resources rather than whether we'll be able to pay rent each month.

that might work fine and dandy in a small community, but there's not a chance it would work in a global one.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9573575 - 01/08/09 08:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:

Sounds like you're beyond being "unprogrammed". When I say "fuck working" I don't mean I want to sit on my ass watching TV and eating Doritos. I mean fuck working for a paycheck to pay bills. If we worked together as humans for the betterment of mankind instead of a paycheck and money didn't put limitations on our efforts, the world would be a better place. Needing to work for a paycheck in order to be able feed myself and keep a roof over my head is offensive and idiotic. A government that takes a percentage of that paycheck before I even get my hands on it for it's own agenda and that of it's lobbyists is offensive idiotic.

Call me a hippie. I just think "work" as we define it is useless.

I'm not "programmed" in any way shape or form, I'm just a realist. I prefer to live on Earth, not in some fantasy land where human kind gives a fuck about how they are a poison, I know that I don't enjoy having to live like this, but I know that there is no other option (that is viable), so I make the best of it. Money rules us, no matter how "unprogrammed" we think we are.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#9573616 - 01/08/09 08:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The point is, money only rules those who allow themselves to be ruled. There is ALWAYS a choice. I hated living by the american standard, I bitched about it for years because I just wasnt satisfied with just "dealing with it", so I quit playing along. Easy as that.
Of course I still play along to an extent because I'm not ready to pack up and head to the woods just yet, but I put my life first, not the game.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9573623 - 01/08/09 08:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
The point is, money only rules those who allow themselves to be ruled. There is ALWAYS a choice. I hated living by the american standard, I bitched about it for years because I just wasnt satisfied with just "dealing with it", so I quit playing along. Easy as that.
Of course I still play along to an extent because I'm not ready to pack up and head to the woods just yet, but I put my life first, not the game.

That's respectable, and probably easier in some areas then others if that makes any sense.

to be honest, I wish I was born a few hundred years ago, much simpler times :smile: but I do what I can.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/08/09 08:49 PM)

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#9573652 - 01/08/09 08:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Same here. Its all about choice. Some people complain, yet never change their situation. But if your happy in your life, no matter what that entails, then live it :cheers:
Thats what I do, and glad I finally got off my ass and did it. I got sick of being the guy bitching, but not doing anything about it.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9574117 - 01/08/09 09:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

that might work fine and dandy in a small community, but there's not a chance it would work in a global one.

Like I said man, it's a pipe dream. I still have to play the game like everyone else.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9574144 - 01/08/09 09:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with chasing the dream if it's what your believe in. Like I said, I believe it is a viable plan in small communities. There are places that run like that all over the world, even in the US.

It's not for me, but I know that different folks have different beliefs and ideal lifestyles. That's what makes life fun.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#9574291 - 01/08/09 10:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think that money sucks,  at least with private banks and fractional reserve banking. 

i would like to see government issued, interest free money, and the abolishment of fractional reserve banking.

check this idea out;

" Monetary Reform Act - A Summary (in four paragraphs)

This proposed law would require banks to increase their reserves on deposits from the current 10%, to 100%, over a one-year period. This would abolish fractional reserve banking (i.e., money creation by private banks) which depends upon fractional (i.e., partial) reserve lending. To provide the funds for this reserve increase, the US Treasury Department would be authorized to issue new United States Notes (and/or US Note accounts) sufficient in quantity to pay off the entire national debt (and replace all Federal Reserve Notes).

The funds required to pay off the national debt are always closely equivalent to the amount of money the banks have created by engaging in fractional lending because the Fed creates 10% of the money the government needs to finance deficit spending (and uses that newly created money to buy US bonds on the open market), then the banks create the other 90% as loans (as is explained on our FAQ page). Thus the national debt closely tracks the combined total of US Treasury debt held by the Fed (10%) and the amount of money created by private banks (90%).

Because this two-part action (increasing bank reserves to 100% and paying off the entire national debt) adds no net increase to the money supply (the two actions cancel each other in net effect on the money supply), it would cause neither inflation nor deflation, but would result in monetary stability and the end of the boom-bust pattern of US economic activity caused by our current, inherently unstable system.

Thus our entire national debt would be extinguished – thereby dramatically reducing or entirely eliminating the US budget deficit and the need for taxes to pay the $400+ billion interest per year on the national debt - and our economic system would be stabilized, while ending the terrible injustice of private banks being allowed to create over 90% of our money as loans on which they charge us interest. Wealth would cease to be concentrated in fewer and fewer hands as a result of private bank money creation. Thereafter, apart from a regular 3% annual increase (roughly matching population growth), only Congress would have the power to authorize changes in the US money supply - for public use -not private banks increasing only private bankers' wealth."

http://www.themoneymasters.com/

the documentary "the money masters - how international bankers gained control of america" (which can be viewed from the link below)  is a great fact-filled historical documentary, that every patriotic americans (or other countrys with similar systems) should watch.

i highly encourage you all to watch it if you haven't already.  i would even go as far as to say that it's your patriotic duity.

please;

[url=
6]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936[/url]

Summary;

HE MONEY MASTERS is a 3 1/2 hour non-fiction, historical  documentary that traces the origins of the political power structure. The modern political power structure has its roots in the hidden  manipulation and accumulation of gold and other forms of money. The development of fractional reserve banking practices in the 17th century brought to a cunning  sophistication the secret techniques initially used by goldsmiths fraudulently to accumulate wealth. With the formation of the privately-owned Bank of England in 1694, the  yoke of economic slavery to a privately-owned "central" bank was first forced  upon the backs of an entire nation, not removed but only made heavier with the passing of the three centuries to our day. Nation after nation has fallen prey to this cabal of international central bankers.

The success of the central banking scheme developed into a far-reaching  plan described by President Clinton's mentor, Georgetown Professor Carroll Quigley,  "to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in  concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of  the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves  private corporations. Each central bank....sought to dominate its government by its  ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the  levels of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Several  short-lived attempts to impose the central banking scheme on the United States were defeated by the patriotic efforts of Presidents Madison, Jefferson, Jackson, Van Buren and Lincoln. But with the passage of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, America was firmly lashed to the same yoke, so that a small number of very rich men have been able to lay  upon the masses a yoke little better than slavery itself. That yoke inevitably grows  heavier with ever-compounding interest, and totals over $20 trillion of debt owed by the  American people today ($80,000 per American) ultimately to these bankers.

This vast accumulation of wealth concentrates immense power and despotic economic domination in the hands of the few central bankers "who are able to govern credit and its allotment, for this reason supplying, so to speak, the life-blood to the entire economic body, and grasping, as it were, in their hands the very soul of the  economy so that no one dare breathe against their will."

Segments: The Problem; The Money Changers; Roman Empire; The  Goldsmiths of Medieval England; Tally Sticks; The Bank of England; The Rise of the Rothschilds; The American Revolution; The Bank of North America; The Constitutional Convention; First Bank of the U.S.; Napoleon's Rise to Power; Death of the First Bank of the U.S. / War of 1812; Waterloo; Second Bank of the U.S.; Andrew Jackson; Abe Lincoln and the Civil War; The Return of the Gold Standard; Free Silver; J.P. Morgan / 1907 Crash;  Jekyll Island; Fed Act of 1913; J.P. Morgan / WWI; Roaring 20s / Great Depression; FDR /  WWII / Fort Knox; World Central Bank; Conclusions.

thank you.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by Shins (01/09/09 02:43 AM)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck money. [Re: Shins]
    #9574340 - 01/08/09 10:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How would you propose to handle the issue of issuing credit within a system requiring 100% backing of all deposits?

While I believe credit, and hence debt has gotten way out of hand, I still realize that it can be utilized intelligently to create wealth in the right hands. Without it, the technological boom of the past century doesn't seem like it would have been possible.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck money. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9575228 - 01/09/09 01:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

100% backing of reserves on deposits. 

i don't claim to have all the answers myself,  but i think the idea is that; "The Treasury Department (would issue) these notes directly into circulation, and they (would be) obligations of the United States Government. The issuance of United States Notes (would be) subject to limitations established by Congress in order to stimulate the economy.(*)

statutory limits would be made respective to population, trade, and industry etc.

credit would still be available, only it would be interest free, and would not be multiplied 10x by private bankers.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by Shins (01/09/09 02:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract