Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Triumph at Mickey's Blue Room
    #4251690 - 06/03/05 11:17 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It was around midnight and my friend Del was DJ'ing the sweet rock tunes at Mickey's Blue Room. He has a hookup with the bartender who obliged his request to unlock the pool table and make it free all night. This is a semi-weekly event so I've learned to love this pool table. My friend Matt and I made a few rounds, Daylen joined in some games...

All the while the young blonde guy with the arrogant air about him watched us. I was having a pretty on night - I'm not an amazing pool player, but I think I'm pretty fucking good. I beat Matt a couple times, Daylen once, some random dude, and then a list started and blonde guy wanted to play me. He gave me the drubbin' of a lifetime.

I still had six balls on the table when he finally sank the 8, and gave me a handshake. Thing is, I don't mind being completely owned by awesome pool players. But I hate when they condescend and act patronizingly towards you after they beat you. Like, "aww, nice try, that was cute."

So I got another magic hat #9 and festered in the corner until my name came up on the list. Battle began. I was solids, he was stripes.

It got down to him having the eight ball and one stripe left. I had five solids and the eight ball. He shot...and missed. I'd been doing pretty badly this game so far so I went into the bathroom to take a deep breath...

...and a hit off my batty. With the power of pot inside me, I returned to the game.
Bam. Bam. Bam. Bam. Bam. All five solids went down the tubes....the cue ball was right up against one of the long sides of the pool table. So was the eight ball, all the way down at the other end. That's the type of shot I'm worst at, because it requires precision straight-shooting and not too much strength so you don't scratch the cue ball.

When I sunk it, and won back our table after a seven-game losing streak to the pool monster, it felt like the biggest personal victory I'd had in a long time.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Triumph at Mickey's Blue Room [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4251707 - 06/03/05 11:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

it's all aboot the bat.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Triumph at Mickey's Blue Room [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4251780 - 06/03/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sweet story, nice to beat a son of a bitch!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleGED
ShroomGod
Female User Gallery
Loc: Taiwan
Re: Triumph at Mickey's Blue Room [Re: mecreateme]
    #4251793 - 06/03/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

wow

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub