Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJoops
Stranger
The most aweful perlite
    #4251382 - 06/03/05 06:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've had the same perlite in my chambers since January, does a great job of keeping really nice humidity  :thumbup:

While transporting the tubs a few weeks ago one took a spill and made a mess on the ground, inside the chamber and on the casings.

Since taking the spill (some perlite spilled out on the ground, nothing got in), the chamber is developing the raunchiest stench known to man. Imagine twenty fat men ripping the worst farts in a closet at once then times it by 10.

I noticed a pool of excess water, I drained it out best I could and put some cleaner perlite (from the other chamber) in the foul chamber, sprayed heavily with an h2o2 mix and it seemed to go away for a week. Today when I was swishing the chamber around i uncovered the misterious excess pool again and back came the stinky stench! I also notice when I open said chamber I see and hear the excess gathering on the left side bubble and fizz when it get's fresh air.

Anyways, any smart thoughts on solving this stench permenantly? I've added more h2o2, but I'm afraid it really needs to be dumped, washed and loaded with fresh perlite.

peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: The most aweful perlite [Re: Joops]
    #4251387 - 06/03/05 07:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Empty out everything and clean it thoroughly.

Use H2O2 in one bottle. White vinegar in the other. Spray the H202, let it sit 30 seconds. Then spray the vinegar over the same surface. Let it sit for a minute or so. Then rinse and wipe with a paper towel really well.

Then use 70% alcohol, spray and let evaporate.

Then buy new perlite and start fresh. You will be glad you did. You don't want raunchy ass odors any where near your fruiting chamber....just a rule of thumb.

Good luck

Mark

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The most aweful perlite [Re: Joops]
    #4251388 - 06/03/05 07:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

but I'm afraid it really needs to be dumped, washed and loaded with fresh perlite.

thats the ticket!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: The most aweful perlite [Re: Roadkill]
    #4251406 - 06/03/05 07:31 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

^^ :thumbup:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation