Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Verm for yopo, HBWR and mimosa hostilis soil?
    #4251134 - 06/03/05 03:46 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Is it ok to use verm in the soil of their pots?

I thought i better not use any, to keep up the good drainage, but now with the hot summer temps, i think the soil is drying out too quick..

Anyone else that has used verm in the soil without harming these type of plants? Is it possible to rot the roots from verm?

Thanx in advance

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (06/03/05 03:47 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Verm for yopo, HBWR and mimosa hostilis soil? [Re: Sterile]
    #4251400 - 06/03/05 07:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:
Is it ok to use verm in the soil of their pots?

I thought i better not use any, to keep up the good drainage, but now with the hot summer temps, i think the soil is drying out too quick..

Anyone else that has used verm in the soil without harming these type of plants? Is it possible to rot the roots from verm?

Thanx in advance

Personally i wouldnt use vermiculate in fear of root rot but i would try to water them more often.A good idea would be on of those feeders that release drops of water in the soil in predefined intervals. Better safe than sorry ,right?

On another note : If you have a healthy yopo plant ingore this comment.Anandenanthera species usually need nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soild to survive past the seedling stage,since as you might know belong to the LEguminosae family.Two options here :Buy pea inoccultan (hasnt managed to find any) b) plant some pease or beans in the pot ,let them grow about 1-2 inches and pinch their minute stems,leaving the roots within the soil for bacteria to colonize.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors,this HBWR will take as long as 2 years to flower and set seed.By the way,the mimosa hostilis might even contain tryptamines in the leaves,so no reason to think that one day you will have to strip its rootbark off killing it!

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Verm for yopo, HBWR and mimosa hostilis soil? [Re: Sterile]
    #4251710 - 06/03/05 11:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:
i think the soil is drying out too quick..

vermi is great for regulating the humidity of the soil but perhaps some more sensitive plants might not not like as much as others (perhaps salvia wouldn't like too much vermi)...

FH

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden