Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
coleus pics
    #4248540 - 06/02/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

so i took a few pics today of the plant i bought at my corner market. it was the closest looking to blumei species that i saw. they have so many different colors. i am having trouble identifying the species and wondering if the colors are from gm or actually the species

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: coleus pics [Re: bmarley3434]
    #4248581 - 06/02/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've wondered about Coleus blumeii being around aswell, i've seen many plants of different colors, but none are labeled other than 'Coleus'. I'm way interested in smoking some of the same Coleus from the Mazatec mountains, i don't think there are ANY bioassays...

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: coleus pics [Re: bmarley3434]
    #4249013 - 06/02/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Those are nice pics, I love the textures and colors of coleus. And what colors there are...
I got into a coleus kick last year and "acquired" (mostly stole little cuttings from neighbors or nurseries) about 16 different types, from small, serrated plants to large monochromatic leafy plants. What first intrigued me was the ease of propogation. Then I got into the rainbow of colors that these wonderful plants gave me. Of course eventually I learned of it's alledged properties. Did some Erowid research and started harvesting.
Smoking the dried leaves was not unpleasant, a nice taste, but I felt nothing out of the ordinary. Never smoked more than a bong bowl, nor any extractions, just the leaves. I also made tea a couple times from fresh leaves. First time was maybe 60 leaves, a mix of all of the different varieties I had. No effect was felt. Second tea was probably 120 leaves, but all from the same variety. Still no effect.
So in conclusion, I haven't yet felt any psychoactivity from Coleus. But I still have probably 8 different types (some didn't last the winter indoors) and plan on populating my gardens with their color. I'll probably try some more experiments, too, but until then I'm not very helpful. :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: coleus pics [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4249031 - 06/02/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It'd be cool if you identified all of your Coleus species to see if you have Coleus blumeii. From what i've read, blumeii contains the psychoactive chemicals needed for such an experience.

--------------------

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: coleus pics [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4249074 - 06/02/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'd like to identify them, but in my research all I ever saw was the one crappy drawing or photo of Blumeii. I'd imagine that the colors might change even in the Blumeii family, so really I don't trust me or those sources to identify Blumeii. If I was real bored I could bioassay each of the 8 varieties I have in controlled tests, but I doubt that's gonna happen. :smile: Do you know of any good coleus ID websites?

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: coleus pics [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4249085 - 06/02/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, bioassaying all 8 of them, that's great! I don't know of any good ID sources, but i've been to many nurseries that label there Coleus (still have yet to find one labelled Coleus blumeii).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1