Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Loc: Maine
Sustainable DMT Source?
    #4247140 - 06/02/05 06:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've been planning on getting a small indoor garden going, but I'm not quite sure what I want to get as far as a source of DMT. I really liked the idea of Phalaris, as it's easy to grow, easy to process and most importantly, I won't feel bad when I rip it up and do my stuff. Naturally I drifted towards Mimosa and Desmanthus Illinoensis, but then I have the problem that I just can't bring myself to rip it up and strip the roots. If anyone can recommend a source that has decent content and is sustainable it'd be a huge help, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: hnc]
    #4247151 - 06/02/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Psychotria viridis seems to be a good bet, anyone second this?

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4247152 - 06/02/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Psychotria Viridis!

Thats a nice plant as well,containing Dimethyltryptamine.Phalaris grass contains other alkaloids like the 5-Methoxy analog,but by all means plant it as well...

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4247163 - 06/02/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Another idea would be Diplopteris species! You can make different kinds of ayahuasca by combining tryptamines that are relative...THis means you could have 3-4 tryptamine containing plants and combinethem in your potions so you dont have to strip bare the plants. Look here http://www.erowid.org/plants/diplopterys/diplopterys.shtml

Acacia Maidenii could be another option : http://www.erowid.org/plants/acacia/acacia.shtml .Bark is used,but...who disrespects foliage?

Lets think outside of the box: Mimosa hostilis =Bark only usefull .Thats the consensus ,that what many people say and stick by the rootbark.Has anyone thought that it might contain significant amount of tryptamines in its foliage? This needs some research as Mimosa Obutsifolia (i propably messed up the name) is reported to contain significant DMT content in foliage.

Have a very good read of this passage : http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/faqs_tryptamine.shtml . Its rather old but still an eye opener!

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4247164 - 06/02/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It was the unnecessary alkaloids in phalaris that made me start rethinking it. I'm not exactly sure as to what harmful drawbacks they might entail, so I figured it'd be best to just avoid it.

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4247170 - 06/02/05 07:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was giving Acacia some thought as well, seems they get quite large and I'm limited on space, so it doesn't seem like a viable option. I'll definately put some thought into Diplopterys cabrerana. A quick growing vine would be ideal, I think. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to read up.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4247193 - 06/02/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dont get disapointed with phalaris.Here is the case : It contains tryptamines but when some data came that it may have mostly 5Meo +a bit of gramine (i somehow doubt gramine presence) everyone kept regurgitating this info and noone tried phalaris.So from that point and on ,we have no data (or very few) on phalaris usage because everyone sticks to the "tried and unevoqualy true" tryptamine carriers.

As i see it have some phalaris as well..After all you may discover that a teaspoon of phalaris extract in the ayahuasca gives it "power" as amazonias would call it!

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

#4247200 - 06/02/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Suppose so, I mean there's no reason why I can't raise a few. Do you have any advice when it comes to what species? I'm sure there's atleast some minimal variance there.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #4247251 - 06/02/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There are certain strains known to be of higher alkaloidal content,namely Phalaris AQ1 ,try googling it. Sow like normal grass but on a patch that doesnt have any other grasses on.

Some sources mention that after cutting the grass can loose potency (its clippings that is).Maybe degraded by some enzymes? Who knows...You could work around this though...

Two solutions:

A)Freeze the grass clippings that would slow degradation (if indeed there is ANY degradation) plus when it will though cell walls will break and it will be easier to utilize
B)Extract immediatelly using a blender or a grass juicer using small volume acidic aquaeous solution.Here we have two principals : First the acidic solution will turn the alkaloids in salts helping the extraction ,second the decreased pH may render the proposed degradation enzymes inactive.Then store in freezer!

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4247559 - 06/02/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

D. Caberana would be an awesome plant to have, but I only know of one site that sells em and they are like 75$....thats a bit inflamed I think.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4247791 - 06/02/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

P viridis is your best choice. It grows relatively fast compared to trees like m hostilis or some others. You can make a new plant or several plants from one leaf by rooting it. To harvest, you just take some of the leaves and they grow back

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4247863 - 06/02/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Excellent, sounds perfect. Thanks.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #4248041 - 06/02/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Kind of hard to grow phalaris grass indoors.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4248782 - 06/02/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

id say phalaris, i have a bunch of it, as well as 3 Psychotria Viridis that are getting pretty big and healthy after an aphid infestation.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: jben]
    #4248854 - 06/02/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing, it'd be really hard to get any good DMT from Phalaris, at least DMT in crystal form that can be smoked out of a glass pipe. I'd say your best bet is Desmanthus illinoensis.

--------------------

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
    #4249008 - 06/02/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

crystal form i dont know why it would matter on what plant was used, its the same extraction methods but i could be wrong. im guessing you just mean because it has a low % of dmt for the amount of grass needed....... but the choice is up to you, because theres so much information on the internet on all the different plants and extraction methods.

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

#4249102 - 06/02/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I meant, to get good smokeable DMT from Phalaris grass would be hard. Sure, you can use the same extraction process as you would with other DMT containing plants, but the product will be of a lesser quality. Getting a good dose of DMT, vaporized into your lungs within 30 seconds to a minute, is pretty hard if the product isn't very pure. I've found that the orange waxy DMT is way harder to smoke (a full dose) than the translucent DMT that went through many recrystallizations in the extraction process.

--------------------

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
    #4249167 - 06/02/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ohhh, alright thanks for clearin it up dood. hehe i am going to stick to the oral injestion method when i try it for my first time, then when i think i can master extractiing it with basic chemistry, then ill do it.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4251425 - 06/03/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i saw a short paper (in the journal of chromatography) in which a Phalaris species was run through a 2-D TLC & something like 24 different alkaloids were visible on the paper... (& some of 'em (like gramine) pretty nasty...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Sustainable DMT Source? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4252191 - 06/03/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would say M. Desmanthus(sp.?)- easy as fuck to grow. They grow like silk trees do here in the SE. and with great yeilds.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck