Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Salvia!!!
    #4240463 - 05/31/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ive decided to try salvia in a few days, so ive been reading some trip reports and getting ready, so i have a few questions.

1. I have a small glass pipe, would that be good enough? I could easily make a nice little water bottle water bong. Is the smoke really rough? Would an ice water bong make it perfect?

2. Since it is reverse-tolerant, could i smoke it a few times in one night, and would each trip get more intense?

3. For my first time, would something like a 10x extract be enough? Do any of you have any idea how many hits would be good for an average-strong trip? Or is it totally dependant on the person?

4. Music- necessary, a fun extra, totally unneeded?

any other tips would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #4240476 - 05/31/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1 - pipe is fine

2 - possibly...just try smoking it every night or every-other night for a week or so.

3 - don't use extract, just use high quality raw dried leaf

4 - no. The less noise/light and sensory input, the better. Any sounds distract (at least me)

Ready my guide in my sig.

OfflinePryme
Searching...
Loc: South Carolina
    #4240481 - 05/31/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I highly doubt you'll be able to smoke a few times in a night. You'll be so amazed and probably spending more time analyzing it to even think of smoking it again. Most people take a toke and maybe two (if they're lucky), and they're out to la-la land for maybe 5-15 minutes. I'd personally choose regular leaves or 5x extract if it was my first time. Salvia is quick, fast, intense and is something to be valued and respected because you'll toast your ass if you're new to it and at too high a dose. Well, music I'm not sure, but I dunno if you'll need it or even recognize it during salvia because salvia is so strong and fast. But I'd put some floyd on for good measure. Good luck and good trips!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: Pryme]
    #4240687 - 05/31/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the type of extract dpends completely on the person 10 x might be to strong or to weak for you. theres only one way to find out. i would definaltey use an extract nota leaf. its better to smoke it through a water bong. much better effects. also you should hold the tolkes in for a good 20 to 30 seconds cause it takes some time for the chemicals to go trhough a proccess in your body. if u dont hold it in u might as well throw it out. aslo if u ahvea strong butane light it works better. As for as # of tolks that figures it out on its own. youll jsut start trippin balls and wont know what to do. i usually get 1to 2 but because some people are more tolerant it takes more for the same strenght extract.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4240698 - 05/31/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

also do it in the dark with no people/ distractions. its MUCH esaier for your imagination to run wild. your clothes get real uncomfortable so wear something soft

--------------------

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Salvia!!! [Re: Pryme]
    #4240712 - 05/31/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1. I have a small glass pipe, would that be good enough? I could easily make a nice little water bottle water bong. Is the smoke really rough? Would an ice water bong make it perfect?

I wouldnt recomend it. I have a small glass bowl. Salvia is VERY thing if your getting the extract. It fell thru a little last time I packed some. I would reccomend putting some tin foil in your bowl, and poking very small holes in the tin foil so then that way nothing falls thru.

and the smoke i personally think tastes horrible. kinda like plastic. so what i ussually do is put a little bit of chron at the bottom of the bowl(i used blueberry, not that it made much of a difference but I could notice it which made hits easier to take)and the salvia, it made my bowl taste like shit for like a week. i had to smoke like 2 grams to get the flavor of salvia completly out. (i smoked a gram of it over 2 days)

and just dont get the "21x" theres not much of a difference, i ripped it as hard as i can and didnt notice much a diff from 10x.

and uhhh, as for music- i would reccomend any music. what ever your favorite music is really. i put on my playlist of every song i have on it. it was fun until dimmu borgir came on :-O thats when i changed it to the ocean breaths salty by modest mouse. which made me fall in love with them all over again. since its like a 10, 15 minute trip, listen to the end by the doors- that song is INSANE on salvia. you dont even know. and plus itll cover the whole entire trip since its like 11 minutes.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4240812 - 05/31/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think your considerations are fine
the pipe - great
10x - fine (just a pinch)
Do it a few times - sure
music - totally optional;
what you are discovering is yourself, adding anything - devotional or recreational is extra. if/when this comes on strong - i.e. level 4/5/6 you need no other issues, but at 1/2/3 music can be an entertainment everything can be sensuasly more than it was.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4241149 - 05/31/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i'd recommend starting with 10x. First, take one hit, hold it in for 30 seconds, see what happens. If it's not strong enough, then take 2 consecutive 30 second hits, and if you still want more, than take 3. You really can't take more than 3 and have it have any effect. If 3 still isn't enough then start taking bigger hits. The first salvia I smoked was 10x and thought it was a little weak unless I took 3 big hits off of it, then it put me where I wanted it to be. Everyone is different though, just start low and keep going increasing the dose till you find your own perfect dose.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4241349 - 05/31/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that is so true that your clothes feel uncomfortable, just take a huge ass rip of 10x and hold it as long as you can and you won't even be able to take another (probly won't want to either)! it can be good fun but can also be scary

--------------------

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Salvia!!! [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4241509 - 05/31/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

actually, now that i think of it. make a gravity bong. so you dont lose any/much smoke. i been smokin for 3 years everyday, and i still have trouble clearing a bowl of salvia in one hit.

--------------------

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4242100 - 05/31/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive decided to probably go with 5x or 10x, and use a waterbottle bong, and a torch lighter. My lungs are pretty weak, and i doubt i could hold a toke in for 20 seconds with my short bowl. Another thing, should i really pack in the bowl, or is just a pinch needed? and i was wondering, how is salvia legal? it seems so intense

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#4242466 - 05/31/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, just remember though, if your making a water bottle bong with out the bucket, just like a bottle with the bowl @ the top/side, and u hit from the top/from a straw(hose of some kind), remember- hold your thumb over the bowl/where your hitting it, while theres smoke in it so that way none will escape- and dont forget to clear it.

--------------------

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Salvia!!! [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4242472 - 05/31/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah, since it does have a reverse tolerance, id reccomend pack a few littler bowls first so that way u can kinda break on through.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4244012 - 06/01/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

just a pinch of it is all you need with a short pipe and a regular lighter.

the torches burn hotter so you need a bigger pipe and end up with more likelihood that salvinorin will accumulate while condensing on cool surface in the longer pipe and not in you.

the net effect is less effective conveyance (for extract) and the same net heat or more (from the torch) and use of more material for the same effect. so if you have weak lungs, why go in the more aggressive heat direction: a strong extract and plain lighter is fine.

the lore about torches came with plain leaf and it was started to help people burn more plain leaf faster (a good idea), but with extract enhanced leaf you don't need the extra heat nor do you need a bong etc.

search salvia myths here - I started that thread in which this whole issue is reviewed in detail.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinerock_ten
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4244903 - 06/01/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I used 10x for my first time, smoked a good lungfull of it with a torch lighter. I did it through a tiny water bong, and it was ok. I had smoked once in my life before this, and it was years ago. Every time ive tried to smoke it a second time (after a trip) I cough it up, I think the water gets warm in the bong.

I found music to be pretty uncomfortable when I was coming down from the trip, like able to walk again. Ive never tried it during the main part of the trip.

Salvia is like being run over by a planet driven by a black hole.

Good luck dude

--Joe

Offlineshamanvision
too damn old
Loc: in your fruiting chamber!
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: rock_ten]
    #4245890 - 06/01/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the pipe will work hit it hard hold for 30 sec.it WILL work!

Offlineshamanvision
too damn old
Loc: in your fruiting chamber!
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: shamanvision]
    #4245895 - 06/01/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

use a sitter!!

InvisibleTroutmask
Unhijacked!
Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Re: Salvia!!! [Re: shamanvision]
    #4245977 - 06/01/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

it wont be legal forever in this country, i guarantee that. i know someone who knows someone in the gov and the dea has been collecting information for two years getting ready for an emergency scheduling. all we need is some dumb fuck to go to the hospital walking through a plate glass window or something and it will happen sooner than later

Offlinenonovelties
TwoPant

Re: Salvia!!! [Re: Troutmask]
    #4246635 - 06/02/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im in Australia, so i can tell you from this end - enjoy it while it lasts.

I dont have a problem sourcing salvia, but it costs me more than 5 times as much.  :mad2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder