Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
dunk and roll question
    #4245523 - 06/01/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i'm on my first grow right now and am planning on dunking and rolling one of my cakes to compare the growth to non dunk n roll cakes. I had a few questions about it.
How long do you dunk the cakes for and will i need to dry them off at all or let water drain from them?
Is there any additonal contamination risks? Does the vermiculite need to be sterilized and do i use the vermiculite from the top of the cake or new verm fresh from the bag?
How covered should the cake be in vermiculite? Should it be completely covered or should some mycelium still show?
What temperature should the water be that i dunk them in?
any other dunk and roll info would be great. Thanks for any help i get!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: dunk and roll question [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4245559 - 06/01/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

dont bother sterilizing the verm
dunk for 12-24 hours but NO MORE THAN 24
cover the whole cake in verm for best results

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: dunk and roll question [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4245602 - 06/01/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

diggleberry  On a side note:Have forgotten and left in for 48 hours, everything went OK

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: dunk and roll question [Re: KaptKid]
    #4245608 - 06/01/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can go OK but u will see better results with a 24 hr dunk

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4245651 - 06/01/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just did the 24 hour dunk and rolled in Verm for the first time last Friday, and 5 days they are starting to fruit already. The cakes are sitting on rubber plastic lid openers on 2" perlite with 1" water. I have an air filter line blowing in fresh air at the base of the cakes. The scary part is I dropped one of these cakes on the floor and the other in the garbage (bad night, huh?). I washed them off with sterile water, but honestly thought they would get their ass kicked by the green mold fairy. Ain't happening...good kharma thus far. Do the dunk, Dingle. The tek I read recommended draining them for 30 minutes....I drained them for like 5. So far so good...pics coming soon for you.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #4245668 - 06/01/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the help. do you think i should just do this to all of my cakes? I don't want to fuck up any cakes that would've grown shrooms.
it sounds simple enough

--------------------

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: dunk and roll question [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4245812 - 06/01/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You will not fuck them up....you will give them the extra moisture and cold kick in the ass to fruit faster, bigger, and more fruits.  :smile:  But Hell...this hobby is all about experimenting, so do half dunked and half not......that would be an excellent experiment for you to measure the difference.  Just remember the four golden rules:

1.  Patience
2.  Sterility
3.  Reasearch
4.  Patience (yes, it a repeat)

Half fun man....keep me posted okay?

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom