Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTiCal
Stranger

Tripping 28g dried!!...
    #4245448 - 06/01/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I had to think a lot before posting this due to my puny post count, but I'm kind of sick of seeing the "Im tripping this outrageous amount of mushrooms, what's it going to be like!?" If you have to question it on a forum I wouldn't do it, or if you just like the aknowledgement.. I don't know. To me it's drug abuse.

Sorry for bitchin' dudes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: TiCal]
    #4245485 - 06/01/05 08:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

where did you come up with 28gs? anyways, I think one of the great parts of this site is that people can get information on the effects of taking high doses of mushrooms from first hand experience. If you think taking a high dose of mushrooms is drug abuse then so be it. If you ask me its how often and the reasons you take a drug that determines if you are abusing it. I dont see the point of your post, but there's my 2cents...

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Edited by Toddo (06/01/05 08:43 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4245489 - 06/01/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I try to account for two things when I read posts of people tripping on insanely high doses:

1. Potency of the shrooms

2. Individual sensitivity to psilocybin

Some people are made differently and some shrooms are weaker then others.  AND some people are just able to take high doses without batting an eye.    :shrug:

I personally only get annoyed when it seems like people make dosing into a contest or treat the shrooms with disrespect by taking them heedlessly.

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: MOTH]
    #4245565 - 06/01/05 09:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

^^ what he/she said ^^

Have to say the title of this topic gave me a good laugh though.  :thumbup:

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4245574 - 06/01/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I try to account for two things when I read posts of people tripping on insanely high doses:

Should we add a third (a minority one)?

3.Different purpose of the journey.

Some trip for the colors,
Others for the thrill,
Others of the "coolness" of being and "outlaw",
Others for achieving ego loss and hardwiring their brains with new prechosen patterns.
Others even use them for treating cluster headaches

Different doses,for different applications!

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Toddo]
    #4245575 - 06/01/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

28g was just an exaggeration. :tongue:

And see ellemy that's just it, everytime I read the posts it seems like a competition.  It's like the dude at the party who hoots and hollers about beer bonging 5 beers at a time. 

I think if you all tripped the huge dose, came back here and told us what you learned in a trip report, then it would be truly beneficial and I would love reading it!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4246511 - 06/02/05 02:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If any of these people went through with it, they're probably scared off for good, hehe.

I have a hard enough time getting a few grams down the hatch. There's no way I'd be able to stomach these 10g trips people think they want. Even if I didn't mind the taste, I'd be tripping so hard by the end...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4246825 - 06/02/05 04:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

28gr dried usually amounts to 150-300mg Psilocybin.

This is the same kind of "heroic" as an arthritis granny taking a handful of painkillers to "go beyond".

If you have no tolerance and an average sensitivity... with decenbt shrooms on an empty stomach and without medications...
Dumb.

I agree with you that this often amounts to abuse.
When I clicked the thread I thought: "If he's some yahoo :mad:" but fortunately you aren't!

What I've got a problem with is people who take 10 grams all the time because they got a tolerance and then say to newbies: "you should take 5 grams or it does nothing at all"

If you are of average sensitivity then 0.25gr is an interesting addition to your activity and by all means a "trip". If you got tolerance 1/8 oz (15 x 0.25gr) is a lame way to stave off boredom.

Many people say a trip should be powerful or its best to not trip at all. Though it may be a legitimate conviction, that often amounts to disrespect to your Self, the Mushroom and the 4-HO-DMT it contains, which is every bit as real at 2mg as at 200mg.

If you feel the mushrooms, you are under their influence, the 4-HO-DMT is interacting with your brain and there can be much to gain.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Asante]
    #4246913 - 06/02/05 05:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I did some dosage testing some time ago, at one point I was up to 14 grams and it was pretty close to the same trip experience I had 3 days running by doubling my dosage.
This of course was total miss-use and not a great idea, the effects only lasted about 4 hours by the third day of dosing for me.
14 grams of mushrooms in your empty stomach has a tendency to run out of your ass at high speed more then once during your trip making it a lot less desirable.
Yes I agree that it was total abuse, what can I say.

I tried 7 once after a month of waiting and I couldn't make out anything recognizable on my computer screen, I couldn't imagine trying to get to the can repeatedly that night. I was to busy holdin onto the arm of my couch trying to keep a foot in this world.

I trip only once a month now on 3 1/2 to 5 grams, 5 is usually a total blast.
Definitely waiting a month in between dosing makes for way better trips on lower dosages and keeps your underwear clean to. :grin:

Have a good one all  :peace:

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: bumper]
    #4247000 - 06/02/05 06:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

High dose trips have to be done for an appropriate reason as at that level of intensity purpose is important for direction and anchoring.

Wize experimentation is important - bragging psychedelic jackassism is idiotic and goes towards giving shrooms etc a bad name.

People should find the right level for themselves, maybe pushing the envelope slightly at times.

Personally I'm happy sticking to between 5-6g and have only once taken 10g.

If people want to sensibly push the boundaries and intelligently report their experiences, great, but I agree with the initial post that boasting about taking vast quantities is pretty pathetic.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4247034 - 06/02/05 07:08 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TiCal said:
28g was just an exaggeration. :tongue:

Maybe just a coincidence but 28g = 1 oz

Quote:

TiCal said:
I think if you all tripped the huge dose, came back here and told us what you learned in a trip report, then it would be truly beneficial and I would love reading it!

Tripping isn't, and shouldn't always be about learning some absolute truth about life. Sometimes it's just tripping. Not everyone believes in it's mystical aspect, and not every shroom trip teaches to us. I've had ego loss experiences that were mind blowing, in which, I became one with everything and no longer existed as an individual being, but I don't believe that there was any message in it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4247148 - 06/02/05 08:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I've had ego loss experiences that were mind blowing, in which, I became one with everything and no longer existed as an individual being, but I don't believe that there was any message in it.

Ekstaza what would qualify as a message?

As i see it the mindblowing egoloss was the message.Consider that you added to your memory an experience tottaly unthinkable by "straight" people.You have broadened your pallet of emotions experienced.

Offlinephutonrevolt
Fraudulent Foe

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Psiloman]
    #4247344 - 06/02/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I posted something earlier once about tripping on an ounce. I assume you may in part me talking to me. I do know people who abuse them, and I personally would derive no pleasure from tripping every weekend for like 2 months. That wouldn't even be fun, it completely eliminates the mystery. I don't trip that often, maybe once every few months, so I don't have much of a tolerance.

Here is my reason for wanting to trip on a high dose, and why I decided to seek advice here first:
On one of my trips I had an absolutely mind blowing experience. Even after the "tripping" and "visuals" had worn off, it changed my mind forever. I saw my life completely differently, and it actually changed who I am. I saw the world in a completely new light. I have read stories of people tripping on very high doses, and experiencing something that no one else has ever done. I want to see, feel, and think things that no one else has ever experienced, and something that I will probably never know again. I want to blow my mind wide open to new ideas and philosophies. That is my reason for wanting to trip a large dose. The reason why I posted here was merely to see if it was a really bad idea or not. I am rather new to shrooms myself, and don't want to try something that is just a bad idea.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: phutonrevolt]
    #4247423 - 06/02/05 11:47 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I want to see, feel, and think things that no one else has ever experienced, and something that I will probably never know again. I want to blow my mind wide open to new ideas and philosophies.

Your entire life is something you will only see, feel, and think. No one else can. I suggest getting really aquainted with philosophy, quantum mechanics, logic, and even a good bit of history as well. Without a good understanding of our normal reality, the things you encounter on such a high dose will simply blow your mind. And this mind blowing experience is more simple than you could ever imagine. :thumbup:

Mushrooms can also give what appears to be a sudden change in your view and it is you who must decipher and understand what this change means. Mushrooms point you in the right direction but you must do the work yourself.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (06/02/05 11:49 AM)

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

#4249332 - 06/02/05 07:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Some people are made differently and some shrooms are weaker then others.  AND some people are just able to take high doses without batting an eye.    :shrug:

That's a really good way of putting it.

There's truth in that post.  Thanks.

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: henryp]
    #5752308 - 06/15/06 05:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you guys say 28g mushroom is abuse? Yet there is a 78 page thread on thumbprints? If it were up to me I would print and never do mushies again. But come on. Maybe the people who take 28g are trying to get out of a trip what the thumbprinters get.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: thehandtruck]
    #5752319 - 06/15/06 05:42 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

That's a damn good point. (Though a year old thread)

I think we need to take into account the situational differences though. The people primarily criticized for doing this are newbs with an "omg this will be hardcore" attitude. If it's someone who has seriously worked up their dosage and is preparing for the ride of a lifetime, their post history and reputation here will help make that clear.

If Kaniz or someone posted it in a serious manner, about how they were going to prepare, and extra precautions, etc, that's one thing. It's quite another if PsychdlcMes3 comes in here 'OMGz-ing' about this and that, or if thedudenj makes a claim that it will boost his immune system to 3000x its natural level rendering him invincible if he takes the ounce with an SSRI and MAOI and a half gram of DXM. (Sorry bud, couldn't help it :wink: ) (and damn... I spend too much time here.)

So, a realistic and serious thread is more likely to be treated as such. LSD thumbprints are more of fantasy topics. Not just because of the high dosage, but because of the cultural symbol it represents. The carefree days of near-free acid... to even consider taking it at such an amount, or even consider having that opportunity in life.

Depending on the individual, it's either a fantasy of there being enough lucy for everyone in the world that you can even spare it on such a voyage. Others might see it as an elite thing to be able to take hundreds of times the normal dose that so many people can't even get their hands on. I wonder which one would be more likely to handle that kind of intense ego loss? hmmm...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5754041 - 06/15/06 05:50 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Don't get me wrong I agree with you in every point you made. Let's not forget how hard it is to get acid. And how easy it is to grow/aquire shrooms. Obviously if aolspeak boy comes in and has the "im hardcore" attitude then yeah to all of that. But again, some people do want to have an amazing spiritual life changing experince and figure a huge dose may do the trick (which it sometimes does).

I also wouldn't be suprised to learn that half of the huge dosage threads are for ego boosting, not ego loosing.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: thehandtruck]
    #5754120 - 06/15/06 06:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Sheeeot, nucca, hippies eat ounces of mushrooms all the time.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping 28g dried!!... [Re: Herbus]
    #5754251 - 06/15/06 06:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to eat 28 grams I dont call you hardcore, or a guy who knows what they are talking about/has anything to offer normal people who have respect for their brains.

I feel the same way about those who use the supposed thumbprints, they often never seemed to learn much from it, they just sit there being defensive as hell trying to prove that they did this almost sinful dose.

For your average joe they have enough going on up inside their heads to find 7 grams to be an absolutely ridiculous dose yet they might take it one day. But for those who are pretty psychedelic to begin with would never EVER take 28 grams in one sitting, or 10,000 hits of lsd. The smartest people out there would not fuck with more than 7 grams...... I dont mean here at the shroomery. The smartest people in the world might have a drink now and then, and some of them know hallucinogens and dont do them very often.

You want to fuck with your head like that and claim its because you can take it because: Your just that kind of guy and it turned out ok, or you now know more than mostly any user of hallucinogens, or you just wanted to know how far "it" could go, or your just too stupid to realize what it is you are doing to your brain.

Kids can fool themselves as can adults. Grown up kids can take a thumbprint and still act like children.

Your dose doesnt matter. I have taken 7 grams and never will again. There are so many reasons for this, and I have no reason to go beyond that point. I know the lasting psychedelic side effects and what I learned was beyond any shitty trip report about some guy who did 28 grams at some party.

Over time I have learned more about the types of people who take these drugs. For the most part those who take the most know the least(online and offline).........

Sorry, thats just my experience.
5 grams is a heroic or very high dose for anyone who is somewhat intelligent.
Simple people seem to react very well to hallucinogens, go figure. No body should have to explain why.

Edited by stemmer (06/15/06 07:00 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience