Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemastertang
Stranger
my first REAL trip. i have a question or two
    #4244853 - 06/01/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well yesterday my friends and i each ate three grams of shrooms. actually I had 3.5. At first things were awsome. we were looking up at the clouds ad I could see 3d holographic faces in them. inside my friend's house the stucco ceiling was swirling around. when the effects got stronger the ceiling was in 3d waves. then i started to get a really bad feeling, almost ahelpless feeling as if I wanted it to end. That passed for the most part and I was completely fucked. I was lying on the bed and thing would almost trail off into psychedelic shapes and almost octopus tentacles. first question, why do i get that unfortable feeling and what is it. next question, dou you guys know what I mean when I talk about things trailing off. I apologize that my question mark doesnt work.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my first REAL trip. i have a question or two [Re: mastertang]
    #4244955 - 06/01/05 06:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yes, i understand what you mean.

that can happen sometimes. My first time was on about 4-5 grams (no clue what we were doing) and I had an awesome, intense trip for about 2 hours before going into a dissaociative (blackout) state for about 3 hours. It started in the dessert, and I "came to" on my friends couch 3 hours later lol. Everyone said I was just following them around, or sitting still being quiet.

Offlinemastertang
Stranger
Re: my first REAL trip. i have a question or two [Re: myndreach]
    #4245071 - 06/01/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It was just so wierd. it was like I died, or my body and everything about me dissapeared, I was just a particle in the air,I merged with the bed i was lying on, I was a ghost almost, I can only discribe the visual effects by saying that everyhting was an oil painting that hadnt dried, and someone tilted the painting so the image would run. Get what i am saying(question mark)some of my friends were writing shit but I could barely move so I just lay there.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4245188 - 06/01/05 07:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That is what happens when you trip.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4245800 - 06/01/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I describe it as the ride up "there". Things start feeling/going bad, you're tripping out of your mind, no idea what is going on, thoughts are racing through your head, maybe you're dieing! Then all of the sudden you realize everything is ok, sit up, reflect on what happened and everything is perfect. When you're to the point where everything is coming together, life questions become answered, exploration of another world etc. That is what I call "there". I think everybody has a "there" the ride is just rough sometimes.

OfflineOrangeVWCamper
"Tie Dye'dBandit"

Loc: Florida
    #4246417 - 06/02/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mastertang said:
first question, why do i get that unfortable feeling and what is it.

That's called ego death. It's part of the experience and you have to be prepared to let go. It can turn into a touchy situation if you aren't/don't.

Quote:

next question, dou you guys know what I mean when I talk about things trailing off

Sure. It's called hallucinating. Happy trails! =)

Offlinenonovelties
TwoPant

Re: my first REAL trip. i have a question or two [Re: OrangeVWCamper]
    #4246609 - 06/02/05 02:32 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrangeVWCamper said:
That's called ego death. It's part of the experience and you have to be prepared to let go. It can turn into a touchy situation if you aren't/don't.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that any uncomfortable feeling is called 'ego death'. 'ego death' is a very intense and profound thing. That label gets thrown around too much. It seems to have been trivialized.

That uncomfortable feeling is perhaps simply the same kind of uncomfortable feeling one might get when physically in a strange, new, place with no security.

Mastertang - I would think that the next time you are in that place, you may not be so uncomfortable - as you would have been there before.

--------------------

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: my first REAL trip. i have a question or two [Re: nonovelties]
    #4246943 - 06/02/05 05:39 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nonovelties said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that any uncomfortable feeling is called 'ego death'. 'ego death' is a very intense and profound thing. That label gets thrown around too much. It seems to have been trivialized.

I agree.

When you're tripping things can easily get a little rough sometimes. A change of setting can do wonders, especially if it's caused by physical discomfort. I think many people go wrong when they "try to enjoy it" when they feel bad. Instead you should just let go. Let yourself be uncomfortable, let it be. Of course this is easy to say, but not so easy to do when you're "there".

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: my first REAL trip. i have a question or two [Re: nonovelties]
    #4999406 - 11/30/05 06:45 PM (11 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

nonovelties said:

That uncomfortable feeling is perhaps simply the same kind of uncomfortable feeling one might get when physically in a strange, new, place with no security.

Yes, I would agree. It sounds like you were tripping pretty hard, and sometimes it can be a little unsettling if you aren't ready for it. Sometimes you want to trip real hard and then change your mind once it starts happening! LOL! :smirk:

Also, another part of it is just that that is what tripping feels like. When I try to explain tripping in one sentence to someone who's never done it before, I usually would say "it's like experiencing every emotion you've ever felt all at once."

A good trip will usually have very complex emotions of mixed love/hate, security/fear. For me this is a very defining characteristic of the psychedelic state. It's something you have to accept if you are going to learn to do positive mental work while tripping.

Sometimes being engulfed in negative emotions brings about positive changes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience