Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepothead420
high all thetime

Mushrooms found in NH, help me with ID?
    #4244735 - 06/01/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hey everyone. hows it going? im located in eastern new hampshire and have come across some mushrooms. it has been raining for a week straight, and the rain just stopped two days ago. earlier this afternoon i went for a walk and noticed these mushies growing on my friends lawn. i have included alot of pictures, and now i will tell you the details of the mushrooms i found. if you need any more info to help me just ask.
caps: the tops of the caps are are a light brown, and they bruise dark purplish brown. they are smooth and moist, with what resembles a nipple on the top. when i press on it too hard, the whole cap just cracks and separates into a few pizza-like slices. the bottom of the cap is very moist and is a darker brown then the top. the diameter of the cap of the biggest mushroom in the group was 5cm, and it is relatively flat with a few curves. on the smaller, younger mushrooms, the cap is more spherical and is farther down on the stem. the older mushrooms, which seem like they are about to die, have their caps curved upwards, like and umbrella turned inside out. the older mushrooms are also developing some black colors around the edges of the cap. the print they made when i pressed them against white paper for 25 minutes was light brown, not blue at all.
stems: the stems are white. when broken apart they are kind of stringy and moist, and when bruised there is very little color change. most of the stems are around 5cm long with an average diameter of .5cm wide. some of the stems re more hollow then others, but the ones that are not hollow are filled with some kind of white, stringy stuff. the stems feel very smooth and have no bumps, hairs, etc.
Odor: the odor reminds me of two things. the main thing it reminds me of is the smell of fresh husked corn. it also resembes the smell of grocery store mushrooms for cooking.
Habitat: Eastern New Hampshire. they are growing on a small grassy hill. my friends dog poops there sometimes. it has been raining for a week straight before i saw these mushies pop up. about 50 feet from the mushrooms is forrest of trees ranging from oak to pine. about 15 feet from the hill is a paved driveway. the temperature here is about 50's and 60's. some days are alot hotter but that only happens once a week or so.
well thats about as descriptive as i can be right now, but if you have any questions about measurements, colors, etc. just ask. i sure hope i can tripp off these, i havent eaten mushrooms in a few months. oh yea, also let me know if you need more pictures with other angles or something. thanks alot for any help, peace.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms found in NH, help me with ID? [Re: pothead420]
    #4244749 - 06/01/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

safe bet they arent active sorry....

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushrooms found in NH, help me with ID? [Re: pothead420]
    #4244981 - 06/01/05 06:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

They look like some species of Inocybe. In general species of Inocybe can only be identified accurately with a microscope. That genus has about the highest percentage of poisonous species of any genus, usually with high levels of muscarine. Do not eat.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Mushrooms found in NH, help me with ID? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4245530 - 06/01/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

id say more likely a psathyrella candolena,
a little overgrown.
i wouldn't associate those fragile hollow stipes with inocybes.
they tend to be tougher.
this pic really says psathyrella

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification