Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Versatile Grouper Recipe (pics)
    #4244358 - 06/01/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So I had these two nice slabs of grouper to cook today, decided to just make up something random and it turned out very good. This will work with any fish of your choice and the taste will vary greatly depending on your fish choice and marinade.

Ingredients
Stage 1
2 Grouper Fillets
Marinade of your choice (I used Thai Sesame Lime)

Stage 2
Bread crumbs
Butter
Olive Oil

Stage 3
Parmesan Cheese
Something to grease baking dish (I used butter Crisco)

Fillet Preparation
Take unfrozen grouper and place into dish and cover top & bottom liberally with marinade. I used Thai Sesame Lime marinade and let it chill for about 3 hours in the fridge prior to cooking. Any dressing will work though. Try to use one that will adhere buttered breadcrumbs easily.

Preparation
Step 1
Take your bread crumbs (~1.5 cups for the two fillets pictured at the bottom of the post) and melt some butter with them in a pan on the stove. Coat the crumbs and when all the butter is melted, place crumbs into a dish to apply to your fish. This would be a good time to start heating a frying pan to med-high with some olive oil. Set your oven to 450F to preheat.

Step 2
Take the grouper out of the marinade trying to keep as much coated onto the fillet as possible. Press fish into bread crumbs on both sides to form an even cover.

Step 3
This is the single most important step. This will make or break your final product. Carefully place grouper fillet into frying pan. Only cook until you can notice a slight firming of the bottom layer when you stick a spatula or fork under it. This took me about one to one and a half minutes on each side at medium high heat. The crumbs will be lightly browned and well adhered now.

Step 4
Ok, take your slightly firm fillet out of the frying pan. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top. Pepper if you like.

Place it in the oven at 450F. I let this cook about 4-5 minutes. Some people like fish more raw or more done, for me, this is right. The parmesan was not yet browned to my liking, so I put it on Broil for about one minute right below the heat source.

Finished Product

This stuff blew me away. The marinade's sweet side perfectly blended with the saltiness of the parmesan. The top crust was crispy and quite delectable. I'd love to hear and see your variations. Enjoy :smile:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemsmushrooms
Jesus is my bestfriend
 User Gallery

Loc: Mississippi
Re: Versatile Grouper Recipe (pics) [Re: Organic]
    #4245177 - 06/01/05 07:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

LOL.. I thought I was the only one that took pictures of my food..  Sounds great and I will have to give it a try.. Thanks for posting the pics.  :thumbup:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Versatile Grouper Recipe (pics) [Re: msmushrooms]
    #4245933 - 06/01/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

haha I decided to at the last minute since it was actually turning out well

I had no idea what to expect with my limited amount of ingredients

It turned out well though, even a person that doesn't like the taste of fish loved it

--------------------

Offlinesikerim
sikengirl

Re: Versatile Grouper Recipe (pics) [Re: Organic]
    #4255244 - 06/04/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

awesome
keep cooking

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing