Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeffwun
supafly guy
Honeywater failure
    #424020 - 10/13/01 10:01 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

here's what my friend did. he followed the honeywater tek pretty much exactly. he used 1 tsp of the lightest honey he could find at the local health food store and used bottles water to add. cooked at 10 psi for 30 mins. inoculated with PF original. gently shook it every couple days and after 5 or 6 days it got cloudy and he could see little bits of what he assumed was mycelium. he also wanted me to note that he used filter discs. he was extremely sterile using lysol & a hepa filter too. anyways, when he used the honeywater to inoculate rye, nothing happened. btw he used a sterile (pressure cooked) syringe to transfer the honeywater. does anyone have an idea what went wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Honeywater failure [Re: effwun]
    #424202 - 10/13/01 02:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It may be you didn't wait long enough. I've made that mistake.

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: Honeywater failure [Re: puscle]
    #424412 - 10/13/01 06:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Give it more than 5-6 days. After the water starts to get cloudy, wait another week or so. Sounds like it was just getting started

Grover

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Offlinesylo
addict
Re: Honeywater failure [Re: FungusFarmer]
    #424708 - 10/13/01 11:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Honeywater has a high failure rate. When everything works properly, the mycelium should look like bits of cotton floating in an otherwise perfectly clear liquid. A cloudy medium is a sure sign of contams. Even a perfectly good looking batch can have hidden contams that take off when you inoculate grain. It sounds like you did everything right but honeywater requires good technique and no small amount of luck. My guess is that you have a bacterial contam on the grain that has lysed (dissolved) the shroom mycelium. Time will tell.

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: Honeywater failure [Re: sylo]
    #424736 - 10/14/01 12:31 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Sylo I respectfully disagree.

In my experience, the water ALWAYS becomes cloudy a few days before real growth starts. This is completely normal, and if you would wait a few more days you'd probably have perfectly healthy mycelium

Honey water is only as difficult as your sterilization tek. I've had great success boiling the water for 3 minutes, then covering with seran wrap and a rubber band. even jars that have been left alone for several weeks still innoc just fine, even without injecting h202 occasionally.

Sounds like you've had bad HW experiences, what method did you use?

Grover

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag